In Lyon we trust

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MPC75

Reserve Grader
For anyone that likes their stats, here's one on the impact Jamie has on our team,

Jamie has played 14 games this year and we have won 9 of those
He has missed 5 games and we won 1

Of the 5 games we lost when he was there, 1 was aginst the tigers which we blew, 1 was aginst Parra which we were robbed and the other wass against the titans at Brookie which we blew.

I have every confidence with a fit Lyon, we will be a good chance to go deep into the semi's.

Jamie Lyon is absolute top shelf. I've watched some great players come to play in Manly colours over the years but I can't think of many I'd rate higher than him. He always puts in. He leads by example, not sure how much he talks on-field though. I hope he talks more, because I'm sure the other players would listen to whatever he says.

As soon as i heard we'd signed him from England i was a very happy man. And he has proven my thoughts about him right. Such a talented player. Versatile, strong, clever. Strong in both attack and defense. An all round player.

If you had to put your life on the line based on 1 players performace, you'd pick Lyon every single time.

Hard to believe now that in his 1st season with us, he was labeled by Manly fans as a "fat, over rated, overpaid, ****" etc

For mine, he is probably one of the most under rated players in the comp, his name should be mentioned among the top shelf but never is

Yer, the back end rounds of the 2008 season was where Lyon really seemed to make his mark playing at 5/8. I still believe that he is one of the best 5/8's in the comp as well as one of the best centres. He seems to have a calming influence on the team, which seems to get the best out of the rest of the players. That tackle agaisnt parra earlier in the year was remarkable.

abnc link said:
As soon as i heard we'd signed him from England i was a very happy man. And he has proven my thoughts about him right. Such a talented player. Versatile, strong, clever. Strong in both attack and defense. An all round player.

Same, he is the complete player...
I spent some time in the UK and went to a few games.
I never understood why we persisted with Matt Orford taking the shots at goal when Jamie Lyon was in the side.
I watched Lyon score a double and kick 12/12 against Castleford.

Is there anyone else though in the modern game that looks less like a footballer than Lyon though? His appearance is that of a weekend park footy player. He's a hell of a lot more than that though.

Flip link said:
Is there anyone else though in the modern game that looks less like a footballer than Lyon though? His appearance is that of a weekend park footy player. He's a hell of a lot more than that though.

The country breeds them tougher i reckon.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8