1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

impact players

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mr seagles, Aug 29, 2010.

1. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    we need players like BODENE thompson from titans..or fifitti from the tigers or gillett from broncos ....we have BAILEY, CROSS, BURIUER that is a JOKE DESSEY...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow i wrote the same thread but,my computer wiped it..... agree totally our bench offers little to no impact, and whats going to change nexted year

3. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    i rate bodene thompson very highly he can jump ,run and tackle much better than our bench..our chances were hargreaves and tasi and they are going to the team that smashed us today,we look like imbosoles letting hargreaves go he KILLED US TODAY...

4. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    We seem to be the only club that doesnt have YOUNG massive islanders sitting on our bench waiting to come on with a point to prove.
    Thats what we're really missing, young blokes trying to make a name for themselves in the forwards.

5. Innes

Innes Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bring in Lussick, Palau and Cunningham. We really need some new blood in the pack.

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Some of this topic really shows how low the standards have dropped in Fro's absence

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    My favourite mr seagles word of the day was 'imbosoles' just personally. Really hammered home the point of the thread with some vigor.

8. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    My favourite mr seagles word of the day was 'imbosoles' just personally. Really hammered home the point of the thread with some vigor.
    [/quote]

imbosole- a foot that is not very smart

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our impact player next year is said to be Yileen Gordon.  He will turn the club around - not.

10. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Is it just me or does it seem like when one of Silvertails more regular posters goes missing for a while a new poster with bad spelling and grammar seems to come on board.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mata - sorry mr seagles is right though in that des signs a lot of players who are like he was when he played - high work rate get the job done type guys.  Bhurer fits that mould.

He doesn't seem to like impact players like most other clubs have and the game is changing and we seem to be left behind now. 

12. supereagle

supereagle New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Dessie has run out of ideas. We have the exact same game plan every week irrespective of who we are playing. I grew up seeing teams coached to employ tactics exploiting the oppositions weakness.
    When was the last time we scored a length of the field try? . The Tigers & Raiders have variation. We have nothing different to offer week after week. If our forwards cant keep bashing the opposition we lose. Unfortunately our forwards are running out of puff in the second half while half our bench gets only 10-15mins playing time on the field.
    The only shock tactic I have seen all year has been the odd short kick-off.

13. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Just read that Iafeta Palea'aesina is leaving Wigan at the end of the year. Will probably stay over there, but what an impact player that would be !!

14. Romeo

Romeo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think George Rose had great impact coming off the bench before he got injured. He's scored/set up plenty of tries close to the line. At the start of the year he was even being mentioned for origin. Its just a shame he let himself go.

15. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Going to the original red devils..... Salford