If you go out in the rain…..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ve been watching the radar , north side really copping it this arvo and into tonight.

My neighbour has been measuring and keeping me in touch and we’ve had just under 600 at 7am this morning at Reddy Bay.

Probably another 50 or more today.

I’m not there but friends are saying bigger than 2011.
Mate, you’ve done well to get out of dodge. This is a screen shot currently. Redland Bay is copping it big time. It’s absolutely pissing down here as well.

6FDDE2D9-2EEC-49B5-8A0C-1292208497F8.png

Got to the bridge this morning on H'way same time as ol mate was closing H'way. 5 more mins I could've turned around and went home, now I'm stuck out at work. 😔

Burleigh Heads getting pummelled with torrential rain tonight. Luckily we're up on a hill. Lots of flooding around the usual places Mudgeeraba, Tallebudgera and Currumbin valleys. Schools all closed tomorrow.

Reading that levels (esp in the nth rivers) may exceed the fabled 1974 levels!

If so.. well I dunno because that was a crap show (apparently) and they've built levies since then but all I can add is stay safe everyone. don't drive through flood waters!

My goodness I'd hate to live in Lismore. If someone spits in the street it floods!

Hope you're well @lismore_fan ..!

I’ve never experienced rain like this in the 25years I’ve been here. It’s relentless! I get the sense the damage bill may even top 2011. Lots of places underwater locally now that weren’t harmed in 2011. Stay safe all!
We had 286mls in three hours yesterday afternoon alone

My next door neighbour has been checking my rain gauge , around 850 since the start but much will have blown over so could easily be a metre of rain.

That’s North Queensland like

Just tried to get out of Jacobs Well to start my new job but we are completely surrounded by water no way in or out

I’m in the GC hinterland. We’ve usually got 4 ways out to the highway and Robina. Down to one atm. We’re on high ground, so no worries there. But the birdlife has been hanging out in the garage with us. It looked like a bloody bird sanctuary for most of the last two days. Even had a fox come around last night. Gave him some scraps. My missus and I are animal freaks….love ‘em.
Same with us to Wombat, even though we live close to the City, (Coorparoo) we have a sml patch of bush at the back of our Townhouse, we feed a host of wildlife ie; 2 doz Doves, 2 crows, 6 butcher birds, brn and grey possums, we did have 2 magpies...they left, and wait for it....a Bush Turkey who loves parrot seeds.

The NRL must be starting to get nervous about Round One - how many grounds will be waterlogged and unplayable for the start?

Round One
Thursday 10th March: Panthers vs Sea Eagles in Penrith
Friday 11th March: Raiders vs Sharks in Canberra
Friday 11th March: Broncos vs Rabbitohs in Brisbane
Saturday 12th March: Roosters vs Knights at the SCG
Saturday 12th March: Warriors vs Dragons at Sunshine Coast Stadium
Saturday 12th March: Wests Tigers vs Storm, CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Sunday 13th March: Eels vs Titans, CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Sunday 13th March: Cowboys vs Bulldogs, Townsville

That Broncos vs Rabbitohs game in Brisbane - looks very unlikely at that venue...
Warriors and Dragons on the 'Sunshine Coast' - probably a swamp by now. May not be enough time for it to dry out.
Penrith has flooded before (mostly Emu Plains), but I don't recall the ground itself going under.
The Sydney games should be ok. CommBank Stadium may be a bit of a chopped up track after a game 24 hours before.
Canberra and Townsville - depends on the weather between now and then; Townsville the more unpredictable of the two.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8