1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If first grade is full stregth - check out PL !!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ryan, May 4, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,111 / 287
    01. Sean Meaney
    02. Michael Bani
    03. Sean Dalton
    04. Shane Neumann
    05. Nick Bradley-Qualilawa
    06. Clint Halden
    07. Aaron Groome
    08. Mark Bryant
    09. Shayne Dunley
    10. Sione Finefeuiaki
    11. Adam Cuthbertson
    12. Jack Afamasanga
    13. Luke Williamson

14. Jeff Robson
    15. Phil Moorwood
    16. Chris Trembath
    17. Jason Wells

That's probably in my opinion the toughest PL side we have had in many, many years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Grade:-

01. Brett Stewart
    02. Michael Robertson
    03. Jamie Lyon
    04. Steven Bell
    05. Chris Hicks
    06. Travis Burns
    07. Matt Orford
    08. Jason King
    09. Michael Monaghan
    10. Brent Kite
    11. Anthony Watmough
    12. Steve Menzies
    13. Glenn Stewart

14. Matt Ballin
    15. George Rose
    16. Glenn Hall
    17. Steve Matai

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    that is fairly impressive for a PL side but its unlikely we will see that team take the field

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,764 / 72
    Des will have get those photos back off Willo if you want to see that P/L side

4. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    2 backs on the First grade bench?

5. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    He's definately only got 1.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Rose is the new back up winger. Has taken over from Cuthbo.

7. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    ?????????????????

8. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    George Rose to wing??

Unless his beloved Ballin can play outside centre. :lol:

Serious question though... I've heard that Aaron Groom is playing hooker in PL.

What's the halves then?? and what happens when CLint Halden goes back to PL???

9. danno

danno Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Interesting team Ryan. What interchange would you make to get Matai on?

Burns to the backrow, one of the backrow off, Lyon to 5/8 and Matai in the centres?

10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Don't ask technical questions, it's a YART after all and isn't supposed to mean anything. It'll change by next week anyway.

Matai won't be on the bench, if he is than it's a waste of a spot (not that Des is averse to this ). Unless they are going to turn him into a backrower. No point in carrying a spare outside back when you have most contingencies covered anyway. Lyon / Monas can cover 5/8, Monas covers half, Menzies / G Stewart can cover a centre, Hicks fullback, wing is no drama. So Matai is either starting centre or PL.

11. danno

danno Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I don't think Hasler would start with Ryan's team either and I also agree with everything else you said. As a hypothetical, I was wondering how Ryan would run his interchange.

I haven't seen PL to comment if any those players should be in the FG starting 17. Ryan's team at least is an alternative to having Rose, Bryant & Hall all on the bench (which maybe our best option anyway).

12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    he is playing matia in the backrow in that yart

13. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,111 / 287
    Hi Danno. I consider Choc, Beaver & Fozzy to be full 80 minute backrowers. What I would do very late in the match (and also late in the 1st 1/2)is throw Matai on, in place of a prop, to cause destruction up the middle of the ruck - mobility wise. Hopefully the other teams forwards would be tired, so Matai's defence will do him wonders as well.

Chip and Chase - "Don't ask technical questions, it's a YART after all and isn't supposed to mean anything. It'll change by next week anyway."

Thanks for your usual positivity and input.

14. Chip and Chase

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Matai is hardly the type of player to cause "destruction up the middle of the ruck". You want someone fleet of foot and quick off the mark to take advantage of tired forwards around the ruck and that ain't Matai. If you want a hard running ball playing forward to take advantage of inside balls up the middle to beat tired defenders, or to get off loads away, than we have three already, why waste a spot with another one who will only play 20 minutes. It's a waste of a bench spot unless they are going to turn him into a genuine backrower, in which case it might be worth a shot. He's not an impact player by any stretch of the imagination.

Happy to be of service.