I see it as a slump...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
I have to give myself an upper cut, get my emotions out of the way, and look at my team this way: we are in the middle of  - hopefully the end of - a SLUMP. I know I'm stating what is probably obvious to many, but a form slump (for whatever it's reason) is better than knowing we don't have the manpower on the paddock.
A form slump can be reversed.
A form slump reveresed can march a team all the way into a grand final.
A form slump can downright discourage and disallusion the most faithful of supporters - especially if the team is used to winning, and has a winning culture.
A form slump reversed is like a woman giving birth - we forget the pain after the boy(s) have delivered. (something like that)
But, right now, it's a form slump; its the middle of an ocean storm; it's being in the desert with no water; it's a sea eagle with no beak  :eek:
Anyway, this is how I'm dealing with it.  :( ::) :-[ :)

I believe all of Lyon / Matai / Choc will be back this week (Matai is back through suspension, Choc according to Zorba in today's Daily, and I'm praying for Lyon, as he's our Thurston !!). Also, Bailey was listed in the 20 odd this week, so I think he's close. Therefore, I believe our slump will be over next week against The Bunnies at Brooky:-

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dean Whare
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. George Rose
16. Brent Kite
17. Tony Williams

is what I'm hoping for...

Relax guys.....we'll come good

A few below par games with 3 gun players to return, we were always going to struggle without Lyon and Matai...throw Watmough into the mix and it was always going to be a tough assignment.
We'll be back !
Observations: Tony Williams, is he the slowest winger in the comp? He couldn't run out of sight on a dark night. Maybe Ryan was right and the forwards Beckon !
Whare to make way for Matia's return. Hoppa Jr still looks the goods.

i agree but i would be putting hoppa in at fullback now and farrar on the wing and t rex on the bench as impact forward.we will be a force come september we are the defending PREMIERS not those cheats....if we dont make the grand final after that dragons games effort there is something deeply wrong in the club....if it wasnt for the cheats we would have won the comp the last 3 years....

T-Rex when coming in field, and bumping off defenders is a really good player. He has done it at times this season, and has looked fantastic. I think he could be a rich man's Adam Cuthbertson if he could get an off-load in him, as he certainly has the skill.

Ryan link said:
I believe all of Lyon / Matai / Choc will be back this week (Matai is back through suspension, Choc according to Zorba in today's Daily, and I'm praying for Lyon, as he's our Thurston !!). Also, Bailey was listed in the 20 odd this week, so I think he's close. Therefore, I believe our slump will be over next week against The Bunnies at Brooky:-

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Dean Whare
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Chris Bailey
15. George Rose
16. Brent Kite
17. Tony Williams

is what I'm hoping for...

Relax guys.....we'll come good

ryan for a start fuk bailey off he isnt need this year at all , he is QUEENSLAND CUP BOUND.. hoppa goes into the team ..now its looking strong..
i dont think matai will be playing next week any way...

Why won't Matai be playing? His indescretions were against The Eels I thought - and he got 3 weeks:-
We have played The Cowboys, Broncos & Titans since....

He'll be there...

Ryan link said:
Why won't Matai be playing? His indescretions were against The Eels I thought - and he got 3 weeks:-
We have played The Cowboys, Broncos & Titans since....

He'll be there...
i thought he had an injury also... if he does good .. but i just have a sneaky suspicion he might be rested this week also..

We would have won last night with Matai in the backline.  Why wouldn't he play next week? 

DSM5 link said:
We would have won last night with Matai in the backline.  Why wouldn't he play next week? 
correction!!!  we would have won if we had lyon on the field..get some fukn organisation happening again..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6