I hate to say this but it's getting desperate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

bazeagle

Bencher
Never thought I'd say this. I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket in the Jane Try Stand seat which is on the half way line, next season.
Reasons: and most if not all have been expressed here: • crap coach and assistant coach • useless recruitment • loss of Manly spirit and culture • Penn's rudderless ownership • on field boring play and overall a yawn to watch • Brookie falling apart • and no light at the end of the tunnel

An even bigger issue is the NRL's mismanagement of the game - enough said there.

Also never thought I'd say this: AFL is looking more fun and more of a spectacle.

All of the above has left me wide open: so go ahead keyboard forum members and visitors - rip into my post and lecture me on being a true fan etc etc etc etc which doesn't help at all. Not at all. It's desperate stakes.

Never thought I'd say this. I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket in the Jane Try Stand seat which is on the half way line, next season.
Reasons: and most if not all have been expressed here: • crap coach and assistant coach • useless recruitment • loss of Manly spirit and culture • Penn's rudderless ownership • on field boring play and overall a yawn to watch • Brookie falling apart • and no light at the end of the tunnel

An even bigger issue is the NRL's mismanagement of the game - enough said there.

Also never thought I'd say this: AFL is looking more fun and more of a spectacle.

All of the above has left me wide open: so go ahead keyboard forum members and visitors - rip into my post and lecture me on being a true fan etc etc etc etc which doesn't help at all. Not at all. It's desperate stakes.
AFL is more fun, really?!?! I went to the Swans V Geelong game a few weeks ago and it was complete mess. Players fumbling the ball all over the field, missing tackles and nobody on either team, Buddy aside, could kick the ball straight for a 6 pointer. Woeful!!!

I flew from Hong Kong to Melbourne last year the weekend that Hawthorn played Sydney in the AFL at the MCG, and that Storm played Manly at AAMI. I can tell you which game was far more enjoyable to watch....

The sad part is no one on this forum is on here in 2018 who isn't a die hard fan.

Reminds me, I may have been at the footy tribunal this one time. My coach said something I will never forget. A young coach in his first time being incharge, he was speaking with just utter pride about his team, about this group of men. You could just hear the pride oozing out of his words. The Reality is we were at the bottom of the ladder, and we went on and collect the spoon that year.

It really was a moving little speach though, of how we just didn't give up. Bashed on the scoreboard, bashed on the field. We'd walk off one week battered and bruised, yet somehow we'd run back on the next weekend, just so we could be bashed all over the place, all over again.

The opposition coach, in a smart ass voice interjected, "That's a very passionate little plea, you might have something in your eye, do you need a tissue?"

Calmly but without any delay, Coach replied. Your 100 % right. I am Passionate, passion is what this game is all about, it is what seperates this game from business from other sports.

2 years later we went on and won the premiership.

I can see Trent is trying hard.

I personally just feel that all the Passion that was Manly, it just all got thrown away with Geoff.

Long live Tooves.

Last edited:
I'm immensely disappointed. I honestly thought at the beginning of the year we would have a good tilt at the premiership. Unfortunately everything went downhill & is still rolling. We as supporters are left in the dark about what's going on at the club. The salary cap mess, the Hastings issue, the Fainu issue, the Watmough article, the constant media bashing, the persistent rumors about Taupau & Walker wanting out of the club, now Taufua seemingly on the outer otherwise how could you possibly select M Wright or B Parker in front of him, former players including the Stewart bros, Lyon & Matai black listing the club,.........have i missed anything? I feel done & dusted, I feel like the club is constantly pushing s!%t uphill. Is it the Penns'? Is it Barrett & Co. The world is against Manly yet i still have a weird feeling that we will come out of this sooner rather than later & that 2019 will be the complete opposite to what has transpired over the past few season & this one in particular. I'm tempted to relinquish my membership.....but i won't! The club is suffering & so are we supporters.....it's not time to dessert the sinking ship. The Sea Eagles need us & we need the Sea Eagles, otherwise what would we have to talk about!!

As @madmax just stated Manly need us and we need them. We the fans OWN the game without us there is no game, no clubs, no merchandise, no media, no money. So Manly need us more than ever.

So don’t hand in your membership @bazeagle , Manly need you. For every fan that hands in there membership or stops supporting Manly takes us one step closer to oblivion. So get Angry, be sad, be motivated but don’t be invisible...

If i could be a season ticket holder id be a member. But when the club became private, not just in ownership but as a toy thing that treats its members like sausage roll eating nuffies i kind of think, well screw that
Penns play with the club and have to support the bottom line loss. I do not. If they start treating it like a community commodity again, count me in. But why should i subsadise a organistion just to pay out staff they treat poorly

Not a shot at you @bazeagle my old mate but just in general.

1) did our troops at Gallipoli throw the towel in at the first sign of a drama??

2) did the Rats of Tobruk bend over at the worst air attack of WW2 to remove them??

3) did the diggers at Long Tan in Vietnam give up even less than 300 of them were fighting over 20,000 Viet Cong???

The answer to all of those is no.

Maybe this is Penn’s plan anyway BUT if you want to see the NRL control Manly and move us to Perth then the very best way to do so is,

A) not attend games
B) not renew membership
C) bag the club at every opportunity

Do I personally like what’s happening , of course not.

Did I bang on for years about how important the Football Club was and how important having at least two Owners was, absolutely.

I’ve been a fan for over 50 years, yes I’ll agree I’m not as heavily invested as I once was ( and possibly could be again).

But **** me dead with a big stick one thing I’m not doing is “ deserting a sinking ship”.

If the end is near so be it but I’ll at least be able to say “ I went down with that sinking ship”.

In the spirit of Where's Wally, I must ask: Where's Penn?

The man who tells us its a results-based business as justification to axe a club legend and by all stats a decently performing coach, has gone missing.

Where is this man who decided to pay a lion's share of the cap to one player and give them a near decade of tenure?

We'll never field a competition winning team with DCE cause we'll never afford it. We couldn't even keep players like Blake Green, and instead, with the new 'culture' of me-money-first, we see the Turbo brothers on big coin too - and that's the club now. Milking the past and the legacy of players who made sacrifices.

Where also is Peter Peters? He was no Tooves fan. All gone quiet. I just hope Penn's silence is because he's working on a sale. He has failed. He knows it. Time for new owners and a fresh start.

In the spirit of Where's Wally, I must ask: Where's Penn?

The man who tells us its a results-based business as justification to axe a club legend and by all stats a decently performing coach, has gone missing.

Where is this man who decided to pay a lion's share of the cap to one player and give them a near decade of tenure?

We'll never field a competition winning team with DCE cause we'll never afford it. We couldn't even keep players like Blake Green, and instead, with the new 'culture' of me-money-first, we see the Turbo brothers on big coin too - and that's the club now. Milking the past and the legacy of players who made sacrifices.

Where also is Peter Peters? He was no Tooves fan. All gone quiet. I just hope Penn silence is because he's working on a sale. He has failed. He knows it. Time for new owners and a fresh start.

In the US making more millions ( so I believe).

The way I see it ..... every few decades we need a season like this to clear the decks ...

... have a couple of bad years and you get rid of the deadwood fans .... the bleating, the bum sore, the whinging moaning who the hell can I blame, over entitled, pathetic weak kneed, jelly spined, whiteants and baggers .....

... a worthwhile process ... on balance ..... so long, farewell .... and piisss off ....

Disclaimer .... the views expressed herein in no way .. (however true) reflect those of Silvertail management.

The way I see it ..... every few decades we need a season like this to clear the decks ...

... have a couple of bad years and you get rid of the deadwood fans .... the bleating, the bum sore, the whinging moaning who the hell can I blame, over entitled, pathetic weak kneed, jelly spined, whiteants and baggers .....

... a worthwhile process ... on balance ..... so long, farewell .... and piisss off ....

Disclaimer .... the views expressed herein in no way .. (however true) reflect those of Silvertail management.

I well remember going to the 2008 GF and seeing about 60,000 Manly fans and thinking “ where the **** are they week to week”.

Sadly there’s a lot of fair weather fans of this club, in fact probably a lot more than most others!!

Good point baz,even wayne my mate that starts the manly chants that sits not far from you on that stand only goes to the occasional game now.He’s over all this crap to.

I well remember going to the 2008 GF and seeing about 60,000 Manly fans and thinking “ where the **** are they week to week”.

Sadly there’s a lot of fair weather fans of this club, in fact probably a lot more than most others!!

20 minutes into the 2nd half we had at least 70,000 on that great day and by full time 79500.

Agree Where are all the fans that supported Manly in the 2008 and 2011 grand finals? Only supporting the team when they are winning!

It is that type of supporter who will see the club fold and disappear

The last 3 home crowds of 5,500, 6k and 9k are a huge concern because if supporters don't go to the games the team will eventually have to move all home games elsewhere due to economics or we will be relocated

FFS everyone get to the last 4 home games and support the team

I flew from Hong Kong to Melbourne last year the weekend that Hawthorn played Sydney in the AFL at the MCG, and that Storm played Manly at AAMI. I can tell you which game was far more enjoyable to watch....
I had the same weekend (swap HK for Syd) and I couldn't agree more. The AFL was a great night out, professional all the way. The NRL felt like some provincial try hard backwater.
I was surprised.

Maybe there is a lot of fans who don't live within an easy commute of Brookvale, who made a once a year pilgrimage to the GF?

Tell anyone in Narrabeen that they are needed in Brookvale on the weekend and watch them cringe! "I have to go that far..?"

Agree. Where are all the fans that supported Manly in the 2008 and 2011 grand finals? Only supporting the team when they are winning!
You might well ask where the team is. I'm not being facetious, but while there's been discussion of last year in Melbourne the difference between their 10 year anniversary of a 'premiership ' and ours this year was bloody depressing. The majority of their 2017 (cheating) team were there last year and celebrated grandly. We had maybe six brown's cows and that was about it.
Until we get a real club back again, I fear we'll be a basket case.
You'd have to think that the constant bickering and discontent at the top of the organisation has finally driven the fans away. Can't say I blame anybody. And it's not like the old days where there wasn't that much competition for the entertainment dollar.
Frankly I think Manly's future is
Penn free or perish.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10