I ask 1 question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Forget Barrett's coaching for this thread....
Do we simply have a poor Manly team that lacks quality players??

We've got some outstanding players, some good ones, some average ones and some not quite up to standard. Pretty much like every other NRL side. No side has a team of 17 representative quality players - that's what the cap is for. You've got to make the most of your dollar in recruitment and then get the right mix of coaching and player attitude to maximise it.

We have by far the worst backrow in the league. I think our backs are fine and our props can hold their own.

Sironen, Winterstein. I mean really! How can we compete with these two starting. Jake is a good ball playing prop but hardly a dynamic backrower.
The roosters have Cordner, Guerra, Aubusson, Matterson, Takieho, Tetavano, Carter, Butcher.
The Bulldogs have Jackson, Klemmer, Eastwood.
Penrith have Merrin, Cartwright, Fisher-Harris, Yeo.
Even Knights have Buhrer, Barnett and Matautai who I would rate above ours.

Most if not all teams have at least 3 good backrowers. We have no true proven ones!

Forget Barrett's coaching for this thread....
Do we simply have a poor Manly team that lacks quality players??
We scored 3 tires in 12 minutes yesterday . We looked unstoppable . Souths had no answers until we lost focus and made our repertoire of mistakes and our light weight bench took its toll on our game as Souths Big forwards continued to roll over ours
We will have players coming back from injury and our combinations and confidence can only get better and not worse feathered friend
a718d80093917db1e944dd0425b54a5b_eagle-head-mascot-clipart-eagle-head-clipart-free_361-361.gif

You need to put your hand up to ask a question or go to the dunny.......
I think the coach has had to work with two years worth of change and squads that hardly know each other.
However I thought last year's squad was better.we just didn't build on we threw it out and started again.
70s and 80s style premiership buying quick fixes don't work anymore and we've had two in two years.
We got no more of those cards left in the deck.

The whole club lacks quality. I know no one would be keen for another rebuild but it needs to happen again but properly this time, not just players but the coaching staff, fitness staff, penn and bozo. Basically everything's needs to be changed and re built but has to be done properly this time and no rushed recruits, wait until the righ recruits are off contract. I'd make Hasler an absolute must, it takes manly people to run this club.

Forget DESpicable. If the club wants to compete we need Bellamy. He's the most successful coach by miles, if you judge success purely on wins.

the club needs to go back to the us vs them mentality... successful manly clubs play with aggression and a huge chip on their shoulder... this mob smile for the media and run with next to no intensity at all.... a top line prop, decent hooker and a decent half couldnt hurt either... (personally, ide like to see a trent hodkinson at 7 to control the team and dce to focus on his running game... but thats just me)

The whole club lacks quality. I know no one would be keen for another rebuild but it needs to happen again but properly this time, not just players but the coaching staff, fitness staff, penn and bozo. Basically everything's needs to be changed and re built but has to be done properly this time and no rushed recruits, wait until the righ recruits are off contract. I'd make Hasler an absolute must, it takes manly people to run this club.
Wishful thinking but:
Dessie: head of footy.
Tooves: coach.
Zorba: defensive coach. ( tackle bag )

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10