how much money do we have left in the cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
do we have anything left in the tank do you think? what could we reasonably play with
I don't know, but I read today there is $200,000 discount for each player who has been in the top 30 squad for 8 years at the club or 10 years across multiple clubs & for players developed in a club's junior system

If we let go all the people who finish their contracts this year I reckon it frees (from the 8 players) around $2.7 mil. I would keep Saddler at $200K a year. Question really is who's there to buy in those positions, that means we look towards a centre, a winger, a spare fullback given we are not giving Harper a go? another second rower or 2?

If we let go all the people who finish their contracts this year I reckon it frees (from the 8 players) around $2.7 mil. I would keep Saddler at $200K a year. Question really is who's there to buy in those positions, that means we look towards a centre, a winger, a spare fullback given we are not giving Harper a go? another second rower or 2?
Given that fullback seems to be a coveted position by a few, as it's a spine role and attracts more $$ (think Valentine Holmes, Josh Addo-Carr, Latrell Mitchell, etc) - maybe there are a few talented outside backs out there somewhere who can really play fullback who might cast a glance in Manlys' direction?

After all, you would be guaranteed a lot of games every season. At fullback. Every season. Yes. At fullback......... lots and lots.

I don't know, but I read today there is $200,000 discount for each player who has been in the top 30 squad for 8 years at the club or 10 years across multiple clubs & for players developed in a club's junior system

Not each mate. It's to a whole team, and spread among the players who qualify. $200k

It's a veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

For us, that would be: DCE (8+ years at one club), Kieran Foran (10+ years across the game), Jake Trbojevic (8+ years at one club), Marty Taupau (10+ years across the game)

Not each mate. It's to a whole team, and spread among the players who qualify. $200k
Are you sure? It is not so clear in the link above. It wouldn't be much discount if spread amongst a dozen or so players.

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

As well as the players you mention, there would also be developed players such as Turbo, Parker, Cust, Schuster, Burbo & other young players in the top 30 who've been in the club system for sufficient time

Are you sure? It is not so clear in the link above. It wouldn't be much discount if spread amongst a dozen or so players.

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

As well as the players you mention, there would also be developed players such as Turbo, Parker, Cust, Schuster, Burbo & other young players in the top 30 who've been in the club system for sufficient time

Unfortunately I'm sure mate

Unfortunately I'm sure mate
Yes, you are correct. I found the info on the NRL site - see images below. I would assume every team receives this allowance. It is only a token amount relative to the overall increase in the salary cap over the years - the salary cap in 2003 was $3.55m with $0.1m Veteran Allowance. In 2020 the salary cap was $9.3m with $0.2m Developed & Veteran Allowance.

2003.jpg

2018.jpg

Last edited:

It's a veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

For us, that would be: DCE (8+ years at one club), Kieran Foran (10+ years across the game), Jake Trbojevic (8+ years at one club), Marty Taupau (10+ years across the game)
Jorge Tafua

Yes, you are correct. I found the info on the NRL site - see images below. I would assume every team receives this allowance. It is only a token amount relative to the overall increase in the salary cap over the years - the salary cap in 2003 was $3.55m with $0.1m Veteran Allowance. In 2020 the salary cap was $9.3m with $0.2m Developed & Veteran Allowance.

View attachment 17401
View attachment 17402

Stupid, hey - there should be a much better incentive

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8