How many grand finals have Melbourne Scum won according to Rabs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
The players did what they were paid twice - and sometimes probably thrice - to do. The idea they were oblivious to what was going on is laughable, although I'm willing to concede Greg Inglis probably did (and still does) believe in the Speedboat Fairy.
Not the players job to manage the cap, their job is to play League and gain as much financially as possible.

Agree that it's not the player's fault..however nor the other players involved in the competition that played for clubs that didn't rort the system.

Not the players job to manage the cap, their job is to play League and gain as much financially as possible.
Hmm it was pretty clear that the players, managers and at least a few sponsors knew. Especially the sponsors who were paying cash for the marquee tent rort. Players and managers signed 2 contracts for the same years with different amounts, then received a combination of cash and eft payments.

Don't let them off TC.

An Olympic athlete is an individual and totally responsible for what they put into their bodies, they would not lose their medals if their governing body is caught doing illegal activities or encouraging doping(but the individual is clean)

Team sports at Olympics----- yes they do lose medals if other members are found to be doping.
and how is that any different to the Storm players?

I am still of the belief that they should have been forced to return the Premiership rings too. I don't know how many times I have heard Greg Inglis skite that they won those Premierships because they have the rings to prove it.

100% right!!

If the NRL was serious about policing salary cap think how strong a message this would send!
For anyone suggesting the players are not culpable, this is pretty naive.

The spin I read was 5 grand final wins for three premierships

What a load of crock - almost anyone (bar parra) can win when you cheat like they did. As for the players that defence is the same as the old "I was only following orders".

If you read the stories about it they knew what they were pushing for via their managers

and how is that any different to the Storm players?
Doping is cheating, over the salary cap is mismanagement from others.

Salary cap is a restraint of trade and unfairly limits the earning potential/capacity of players(in my opinion and also previous judgment but not set in complete stone)----why have the players earning potential been restrained but other staff members at a club are not.

The spin I read was 5 grand final wins for three premierships

What a load of crock - almost anyone (bar parra) can win when you cheat like they did. As for the players that defence is the same as the old "I was only following orders".

If you read the stories about it they knew what they were pushing for via their managers

Yeah a few teams probably did win over the cap with a variety of methods but i guarantee you most wouldn't because the level of coaching was crap.

Every team other than Manly(going off wiki) have had breach fines in the last 15-20 years which tells me it is more the accepted norm than we think and probably at a bigger scale than we can imagine.

Hmm it was pretty clear that the players, managers and at least a few sponsors knew. Especially the sponsors who were paying cash for the marquee tent rort. Players and managers signed 2 contracts for the same years with different amounts, then received a combination of cash and eft payments.

Don't let them off TC.
The above doesn't bother me as long as they are paying tax on their earnings and that is a matter for the Tax Department.

The above doesn't bother me as long as they are paying tax on their earnings and that is a matter for the Tax Department.

So, so long as something isn't government regulated through legislation then the sheer fact it is community based means it should be susceptible to corrupt practices. Hmm...that's nice. That sounds so melbournish.

Yeah a few teams probably did win over the cap with a variety of methods but i guarantee you most wouldn't because the level of coaching was crap.

Every team other than Manly(going off wiki) have had breach fines in the last 15-20 years which tells me it is more the accepted norm than we think and probably at a bigger scale than we can imagine.
It is a fair point re coaching however the fact that they could retain players at a time when they could have been vulnerable to move was a pretty significant factor in their ongoing success

It is a fair point re coaching however the fact that they could retain players at a time when they could have been vulnerable to move was a pretty significant factor in their ongoing success

Yep, not have to re-learn the basic plays has allowed them to perfect and upskill other members which all links back to the cheating days

They knew what they were upto

Reading the other day, player managers got banned that were involved in the rort. 1 didn't though, his name, C Smith who was acting as his own manager at the time ...

And now that Greenturd has fullfilled the 2017 fairytale for Smith & co, onto the next for the cheating slime to fulfill theirs by guiding them to premiers in 2018!!

Melb were nice to Manly and handed them an improved Orford and Bell to allow Manly to compete, what more do you want Melb to do, even handed Manly Green to get us back in the 8.

Melb were nice to Manly and handed them an improved Orford and Bell to allow Manly to compete, what more do you want Melb to do, even handed Manly Green to get us back in the 8.
That was what started their cap cheating - the pressure given to Waldron from the football department to make sure they did not let anymore players leave

So, so long as something isn't government regulated through legislation then the sheer fact it is community based means it should be susceptible to corrupt practices. Hmm...that's nice. That sounds so melbournish.
Obviously Melb have a lot to learn in the accountancy/management areas to hide their tracks better.(great structures on the field poor off it)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10