How Manly brought Des Hasler home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just a poorly written puff piece that said the same thing over and over.

As Woodsie said, nothing about how they were putting Hasler through the KPI wringer, or any spotlight on how they undermined Toovey from late 2014 onwards.
No one is perfect mate. There are two sides to every story... I love Toovey... and Des? What an incredible human. I understood the article to be nothing more than a feel good story about some cut to the bone Manly people burying the hatchet and getting on with the business of being winners. A redemption story up their with the best of them.

Why sh1t on the parade? We’re coming fourth. Think back to last season. Do you really for one second think this would have come out without Des’s approval?

Last edited:
Goodish article, but glosses over tooves taking an ageing manly team to a grand final.

Agreed. The article felt like it talked down Tooves in order to pump up Hasler’s tyres. The article also explicitly mentioned that Hasler took premiership winning coaching staff with him to Canterbury and a comment from Penn seems to imply that he and Tooves had to rebuild the coaching staff as a result.

Very proud of the new leaf that Penn has turned over and I’m very grateful for the cash that he pumps in to the club but 2016-2018 was self-inflicted. I hope Scott never forgets the harsh lessons that that period taught us.

The article said that Hasler’s departure in 2011 ripped the club apart so I want to give a massive shout out to Tooves for holding **** together during a tough time

Last edited:
The Penns and Zorba both have a premiership to their names, what history making contributions have you made to the club?

You dismiss the fact that “Scotty” foots the bill friend. Are you prepared to stump up the two million plus out of your own pocket to keep the doors open?

We are truly living in the give me something for nothing day and age.
Owners,Ceo's ,Every business ,someone always foots the bills.
Doesnt mean I must lick their coits.
We all have different feelings ,you honestly cannot expect everyone to have the same opinion as you.
You see them as saviours ,I see them as fools who almost ran us into oblivion.
Your cup when regarding Penn is half full (probably overflowing )when mine is half empty,no biggie.
Its not just the Tooves thing ,its the years of infighting we all sat through.
It must have been the faults of everyone else (numerous Presidents,Gm's,the football club ,Delmege,Hasler,Tooves,Quantum,the list goes on.
They bullied and lied their way to the top and just because they had the most financial backing behind them ,that makes them right,no it doesn't.
The club looked like a laughing stock for years because of these rich clowns ineptitude.

In regards to the, truly living in the give me something for nothing day ,I come back with-
I was supporting this club long before these clowns became involved ,although after reading that blow my own horn puff piece on Penn,I atleast remember the club before "the Family",where their perceived history of our club starts when they became involved.

I have moved on ,But I just haven't forgotten the **** show we have endured since they "Bought" in
Again ,its just my opinion ,you have yours.
That's the beauty of this place.

Last edited:
The Penns and Zorba both have a premiership to their names, what history making contributions have you made to the club?

You dismiss the fact that “Scotty” foots the bill friend. Are you prepared to stump up the two million plus out of your own pocket to keep the doors open?

We are truly living in the give me something for nothing day and age.

It is not a secret, or even debatable .. that Manly has been run on a shoestring budget for 7/8 years ......

Therefore ... One of the following statments is true ....

a) Penn doesn't have enough money to run the club at a professional NRL level and has refused sell to someone that can ....
or
b) Penn has plenty of money and has chosen not to fund Manly at a Professional NRL level .....

Either scenario makes him a **** ....

And the most troubling tid bit of info to come out of that entire thing is that we could have got Jason Taylor.... FMD
Not to mention that he/they still thought the solution might be to bring in another outsider, like Maguire. OK he has runs on the board, but the solution to last season’s woes was staring them in the face for months before they finally turned to Hasler.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8