How long will it take Des to win a comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
lets have some
Fun and dare to dream.

Now we have a decent coach with a squad with some potential how long until we win premiership no 9.

My tip is 2020
Or 2021

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not sure if there is some sort of mass hallucination or shared delusion at play among Manly fans, but I suddenly feel we are back as contenders already. The mental aspect of the game is so important, surely our camp will be buzzing all summer.
(Provided, of course ... that Barrett isn't a continuing distraction!)
So I'm with Cambo, 2020 or 2021. A grand final at least.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Not sure if there is some sort of mass hallucination or shared delusion at play among Manly fans, but I suddenly feel we are back as contenders already. The mental aspect of the game is so important, surely our camp will be buzzing all summer.
(Provided, of course ... that Barrett isn't a continuing distraction!)
So I'm with Cambo, 2020 or 2021. A grand final at least.
On the flip side how triggered would Bulldogs fans be if he got the job done in 2019.

I don’t think we have the cattle yet to do that.

I’m expecting a mini cleanout either before the season starts or before the start of 2020

People I expect to be moved on would be
Perrett if he isn’t gone already
Crocker
Hodko
Winterstien
Groweski or whatever his name is

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Let's not get ourselves into a Parramatta "2 premierships by 2020" scenario.

Be satisfied with being back in the 8 and not being a team that loses games like that Riff one from last year.

In saying that - obviously we MUST keep our "decade" streak going...

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
I'll be happy with top 8 next year but expect to be right up there from 2020 onwards, that said I'll be putting a pineapple on us for 2019 when I'm at the tab Saturday .

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I want to see how he and DCE work together before I get too excited. When Des was here before DCE had a team of champions around him so he had very little on his plate other than playing what he saw. There were options left, right and centre in that team of 2011......these days not so much.

Defence can be fixed with a bit of an attitude change, and Dessie's teams always seem to man up in that department. But can Des turn around our attack ?? I think we have the core of a very good side, we just need a couple more signings to fill a hole or two. Average age of the squad would be reasonably low, so we have something we can work with for another 4-5 years one would think.

I think it'll be a bit of a progression .... 2019 Top 8, 2020 Top 4, 2021 Premiership .....2022 Des signs with Melbourne Storm to replace Bellamy and we start the cycle all over again

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
It's the time of year where anything's possible. Just imagine after being the basket case we were in 2018 and then winning 2019. This scenario was impossible a month ago. But now, the dream might be highly unlikely, but it's there.
Go you good things!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
How long will it take Des to win a comp ?
Des cant win it on his own. He needs to get the right players to help him achieve this task.
The answer is when Des finally sorts out the quality players from the average players that's when he will win a comp .
The moral of the story is Quality wins comps
To win the comp we need to be more dominant than the opposition
We need to be stronger , faster and more smarter .

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I'll be happy to just see us competitive for the 8 for a start. After this year's debacle.
I'll be happy with a top 6 finish. I believe the 8 with this squad and des at the helm the eight is a given. Yes it's a big prediction, but I'm so sure of it I will be putting money on it today. Let's see if I'm right come september

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12