1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW GOOD WOULD IT BE!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bold_eagle, Sep 29, 2005.

1. bold_eagle

bold_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The eels lost both fleg and premier league finals.
    that would be gold!

2. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    The only concern is that those filthy slime seem to have a bit of depth - plus they've pretty much retained their current first grade side........

3. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    No worries Mata.

THey will just choke again next year.

4. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    The problem I see is the minute Parra start to go well, it rushes to Brian Smiths head and rubs off on the players. He honestly thought they would win that match, you could see right through him in the pre match interview.

5. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 1
    To be honest i would have preferred Parra to have beaten the Cowboys and played in the grand final.

It hurts a hell of lot more to lose a grand final then a semi/prelim and the more pain inflicted on Smith and his dirt farming sidekick Fitzgerald the better.

6. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Smith is to Fitzgerald as Chuck Wood is to David Strassman

7. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    I cant believe they keep a dodgy coach like Smith for so long.

8. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I actually think that a 29-0 flogging and missing the GF is better. Minor premiers and all the promise in the world and then a total capitulation is tops in my books. Saving Hindmarsh for the GF was the master stroke in a memorable season. :)

9. sue ridgepipe

sue ridgepipe Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    much as i hate the eels arent a few of you forgetting the record halftime semi scoreline a couple of weeks ago.28 nil at halftime in a semi.i think we have problems enough of our own to sort out.only 2 of their players made the train on squad so they are not a bunch of stars like roosters/bulldogs ,just a very good team,something we should aspire to.wasnt too much choking when they embarrassed us im afraid.

10. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    parras flogging does help take the edge off

11. kiwigirl

kiwigirl Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Sue thats true. I am just enjoying the present moment and would love to see Parra lose all grades! I don't really believe they will - just wishful thinking. I'll be cheering on the Dragons and the Roosters! :D

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

The reason that Parra lost against the cowboys was that their legs were so tired from scoring so any tries against us that they could get out of a gallop againt the cowboys. It was our plan to lose so badly to them that they would get beaten the next week.

A master stroke by Dessie. That is why he said that we didn't choke - we actually overacheived our goal and it wasn't until last week that we could understand what he meant by overacheiving this year.

I hear that next year we are actually going to try and beat them in the semi final and not prepare them to lose the following game. No wouldn't that be something different.

13. sue ridgepipe

sue ridgepipe Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    agreed kiwi girl.i hope they get their as kicked from here to breakfast in the lower grades.

14. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I was slowly starting to forget about that game, why did you need to remind me :((

15. Peter Squared

Peter Squared New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How good is it to see all three Manly grades absent from all Grand Finals?? And for the last five years!!!!

PS Manly Fans: There's more than 11 rounds in a season.

16. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    is that the best you have?

If your going to come on a manly site and try to cast a fishing line at least put some decent bait on it....

clearly a westie!

17. Peter Squared

Peter Squared New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But you still took a bite.

Collectively, all three Manly grades have had more off-seasons than the Annandale Rugby League Club who have been extinct since 1920.

18. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    You're obviously not a Cowboys or Tigers fan as you have the time to troll through other teams websites...

19. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    peter, if you think thats taking a bite our obviously not quite up for a challenge against many of us!

When does school start up again champ?

20. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    What an insanely stupid retort.