How do we beat Storm? 'Give it to Turbo' answers not accepted :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Everyone needs to stand up.. tom foz and DCE played great tonight, but to beat the storm, Croker, Parker, Harper and Schuster all need to step up... I feel like our centres lately are our weakest link along with hooker... Adequate... But that's not good enough against top teams with top centre pairings..

And Schuster... I said tonight I wanted more from him if the game was a tough, tight affair, and just like the last few times, never heard the blokes name when. The going gets tough... To beat penny, melb etc, were gonna need the playmaker version of Schuster, not the backrower who doesn't do much version

Get on top of Bromwich, Welsh and Finucane in the first twenty.

Start with Tent and Aloiai in the middle, Marty and Keppie both have good energy and can inject themselves into the game.

Win the middle, minimise the errors and the team can shift the ball at will to the edges.
It is true...like the last GF when the chooks beat them.
Win the point of contact at the start and keep it up from there
We win the point of contact early and I have confidence we will win.
We have the points if we are willing...

Learn from the last Melbourne game. We can't give a team like Melbourne so much ball and field position. We gotta control the game on our own accord and value the ball, and complete high. A full 80-minute performance, second-half Melbourne are a scary proposition so we absolutely cannot play in patches. We scored first and took the lead in that last Melbourne game in the second half and within 2 minutes let them back into the game and take the lead off us. We punished our own selves. If we learn how to not beat ourselves, then we can beat Melbourne, we have the talent, the ceiling, and the players to do it.

I believe in JAC being doubtful because hammys are always tacky but Munster one is definitely early mind games. Get prepared for a full-strength Melbourne side.

Agree with this part...but none of the rest. Frog, Scorpio and Lionel were very good tonight on my screen.
Hopefully Des is saving Shoo plays for the finals games.
Harper has really annoyed me the last 2 weeks... Constantly hogging the ball and causing our sweeping plays to breakbdown.. he did it worse last week, I counted about 5 times when we swept right, tom got the overlap, passed to Harper, he has Saab unmarked and just needs to let the ball go, and instead cuts back inside himself and shuts the whole movement down...
Saab scores in the corner last night if Harper just catches and passes but no, cuts in himself and gets stopped easily..
I'm a big fan of his, he plays his guts out and defence is usually on, but he does have that hog the ball aspect to his game that can really stifle our attack..

Parker didn't do anything wrong tonight, but he just has zero impact.. every time he hits the line he just drops... Can't remember the last time be penetrated and gave opponents somthing to worry about .. compare that to suli the other week... Made a linebreak nearly every time he hit the line... Parker is solid and trys hard but again, he's just an average first grade centre... In my opinion, we have a better chance against the top teams if we had centres with a little more X factor to them...
Personally I'd keep Harper on, but prolly play suli over Parker this week ..

Same way we beat them in 2008. Beat them through the middle, then use Turbo to run the decoy plays freeing up time and space for Cherry and Foz to feed it to the wings. Then just when they start pushing men out to the edges, start injecting Turbo back through the middle. All starts with the right attitude though and I have no doubt Des will have the boys ready for this one. Go Manly

Same way we beat them in 2008. Beat them through the middle, then use Turbo to run the decoy plays freeing up time and space for Cherry and Foz to feed it to the wings. Then just when they start pushing men out to the edges, start injecting Turbo back through the middle. All starts with the right attitude though and I have no doubt Des will have the boys ready for this one. Go Manly
Yep. Our forwards are going to have to be able to at least match their Storm opponents, especially containing big Nelson when he comes on.
I'm a little concerned about The Shoe, who I believe is a special talent. But over the past month he hasn't shone. I don't know if he is under instruction to just tackle and let others ball-play, but I wonder if he should be played off the bench for the first part of the final? Use our big boppers to hold the Storm then bring him on fresh to weave his magic.
To win a final often only takes one piece of brilliance; they are much tighter than the regular high scoring matches we've seen. The Shoe is the most brilliant attacking forward in the comp and it has been looking to me that he is being worn down by all the defensive work.

They seem to be allowing the scum to hold down in the ruck like in the past. We need to try to play the ball quickly to encourage 6 agains. Who am I kidding

Last time we played Melbourne had the measure of Tommy. (sorry had to mention his name). They will have noticed how Foz turn the ball back into him. Maybe use Tommy as a decoy.

Des was right, the skinny 10m and the leeway in the ruck has been slowly creeping in. Refs warming up for finals footy where they don' t want to draw attention to themselves. They are afraid of having too much influence on a game so they will err on the side of caution when it comes to penalties and set restarts. Welcome to NRL 101, the rules will change as the season progresses. Does anyone want to lay a wager on how many players get sin binned for high shots next weekend ?? We had 2 or 3 per game at the height of the NRL circus crackdown, I'm betting we'll be lucky to have 1 all weekend over the 4 games.

All that hesitancy to police the rules will favour Melbourne, they are the masters at manipulating the rules and playing cynical football. It's in the DNA down there.

Have to go wide off the ruck coming from our own end and early in the sets and hit them through the middle on any fast play the balls (the few we will be allowed). The key is to tire their forwards and go through the middle.

Game Plan should be pretty simple:
1. Keep completion rate at 85%+
2. Use Turbo as a decoy from the get go. They will target him like they did in the first game. He should be the decoy for the likes of DCE, Foz and Shoe to carve up the edges
3. Rattle Munster. Hit him hard, hit him often. Get the niggle going with him. He will get grubby and retaliate and then his game goes to poo
4. Spread it wide on the third or even second tackle. Get the forwards moving sideways early and wear the bastards out.
5. Do not substitute Walker on to defend in the middle. They targeted him last time with great success. Slide him to an edge in defence and have a second rower cover him.
6. Keep the throttle down for 80mins. There is no such thing as too many points against the Scrum.

I honestly believe that Melbourne don't want to play us in the first final. Des has a fantastic record against them (the only coach who does) and Turbo seems to be in the kind of form that he can flick a switch and just take over a game at will against any competition. I know Turbo will be up for it and DCE / Foz will be in good touch. Really need a big game from both our edge forwards. Ball playing and power on the edges is Melbourne's weakness.

Des needs to get into the refs ear before the match and have a chat and DCE needs to be in the refs ear respectfully but forcefully the whole match..
Smith/Hughes and Munster are the main guys at walking off the mark and stumbling into the markers and this needs to be constantly brought up by DCE.
The last split second flops in a tackle as held is called needs to be constantly pointed out.
The last second arm around the head on the ground forcing the guy already on the ground to be twisted backwards and facing their own goal line which gives a few extra moments for the defence and markers to get set needs to be constantly mentioned.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8