1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horo

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by NFN2IT, Apr 13, 2015.

1. NFN2IT

NFN2IT Active Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    I was at Pepper Stadium watching the game sat night, not sure how his stats were but geez i thought he played well. He was strong in defence and ran pretty hard for chicken legs!

I always thought he built a decent combo with Foz on the left side and could never see why he fell out of favour with Tooves.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,080 / 284
    I actually mistook him for Luke Burgess a few times - and that's a good thing.

3. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    Or you need a visit to OPSM..
    But Horo did play reasonably well.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Having Horo and Matai running the right angles helped Foz out a lot.

DCE on the other hand couldn't find a runner on the right all night

5. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    He was one of our best ... it seems they have managed to put the fire in his belly again .... hes coming off contract i think... so if he wants to stay at Manly he needs that attitude week in week out ! Its amazing how much the MENTAL side of things can really make a break a player or coach ... a good coach can extract the best MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY out of his team ...

6. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Horo is playing for a contract @:cool:

It was great to see him running straight at the line.

Yesterday the Dragons forwards played like manly used to - barging runs and never stopping to look for support, they knew that the support would find them.

I hate seeing our forwards start the sideways crawl a meter from the defense. They just get picked off @:(

7. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,241 / 131
    Just like Watmough now does for Parra.

• Like Like x 3
  8. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,585 / 63
    How many times did DCE'S passes fall infront or behind their intended target ?
    Was atleast 5 or 6 times..

9. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    I bagged him big time so far this season, he played pretty well the other night. Hopefully the trend continues. We need some serious mongrel and grunt to start appearing.

10. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,514 / 134
    He played a solid game, but it was hardly a stirring 80 minute performance of dominance; more like a bench cameo with a couple of strong runs and a Johnny on the spot try. If it was anyone else in the pack, we wouldn't even be discussing this. Yes, it was an improvement from a much maligned player, but he needs to do it week in week out for the remainder of the season before he deserves a contract renewal and his own thread on the Silvertails.

It was only three weeks ago we were talking about him never playing FG again.

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Keep Lui, start with Horo with Buhrer on the bench, Horo plays hard for 20 then changes out. Buhrer is ineffective in the first 20 most games.

• Like Like x 3
  12. The Indian

The Indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 9
    He was OK yes - can certainly play when he wants to. Unfortunately he only seems to want to when its contract time or when he's got something to prove etc.

Sign a guy like him in an average team ( like we aspire to be at best in 2016 ) where he thinks his first grade spot is assured and then we'll see how much he puts in.

13. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    Would be good if t red could come on and actually play some second row rather than thrown in to the centres because of injuries. Would give an extra 2 bodies who know their position to run some lines

14. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Exactly right, losing a center or winger kills 2 positions at once - we have done that every game this year.

Our goal for Saturday should just be to finish with 17 players

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    I have been a bit critical of Horo last year, but sign him on 1 year deals moving forward.

16. highlandeagle

highlandeagle Still hating Gallop

Ratings:
    +159 / 8
    Horo on the left ,T red on the right,Buhrer in the middle,Lui has more impact off the bench

17. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,551 / 68
    Yes, I think the Fly is a better option from the bench. Horo has shown enough in the last few games to warrant a starting spot.

18. Freagle

Freagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    He's also bulked up quite a lot over the off-season. The website cites him being 105kg now, as opposed to about 98kg when we signed him from Parra. Doesn;t seem to have lost speed either.

19. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    I thought Horo was pretty good last Saturday, I really like him as a player and he's a really top fella as well , if he can bring back his first years form when we get some troops back then alls good !!

20. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    Need his 2013 form back....

Played well on saturday, had his angry face on.