1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horo Charges.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by damiennp90, Jul 14, 2014.

1. damiennp90

damiennp90 Well-Known Member

Menai, NSW
    Ratings:
    +327 / 17
    Horo has be charged with dangerous contact. And will miss 3 weeks with an early guilty plea and 4 weeks if they fight it and loose. Just on the radio.
    Manly loading.

2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    WTF :huh:

Manly loading is alive and well :mad:

Bring on The Army of One :)

3. davohan123

davohan123 Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +986 / 56
    That does not suprise me one bit from the nrl- if that was for any other team probably grade 1-2 at best with 1-2 weeks max on the sidelines

Half our team are now getting mini breaks this season. Maybe we may see our full strength team on the park this year

We can cover for Horo's lose- I would accept the 3 week ban and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    I thought it was very bad, not to mention cheap.

Take the early plea.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,410 / 35
    Yeah take the early plea.

Choc is back this week move lui to cover Horo.

6. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Yep ...if Josh Reynolds played for Manly he would have received 3 weeks for his shoulder charge instead of the 3 weeks he was given.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Related article:

Horo facing up to four-week ban

By Dan Walsh, Staff Writer
    NRL.com
    2:07pm Mon 14th July, 2014

Sea Eagles second-rower Justin Horo faces at least three weeks on the sidelines for a crusher tackle in Manly's 40-8 win over the Tigers last Friday night.

With an early plea to a Grade 3 Dangerous Contact Charge, Horo will cop a three-match suspension for his 11th-minute tackle on Tigers fullback Mitch Moses, while an unsuccessful appeal would rub him out for a month in total.

Tigers skipper Robbie Farah was also charged with a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw out of Friday night's clash, though he will be available for his side's Sunday afternoon showdown with the Bulldogs with an early guilty plea.

http://www.nrl.com/horo-facing-up-to-four-week-ban/tabid/10874/newsid/80218/default.aspx

[hr]

Nothing on the NRL Judiciary News page at NRL.com as yet.

8. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Manly loading or not, its nothing unexpected really as Horo has form at the judiciary. With Choc back his loss is covered, and we should get him back close to when Gifty returns for one last shot at the title with the champs ;)

9. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    What a crock. A big man tackled and a little sook who laid down for a penalty. For that he gets 3 weeks? I saw a Dogs player do more to a Storm player on Saturday night and there wasn't even a penalty.

This is up there as a season highlight with Jason King getting suspended for a week for doing nothing but making a tackle against the Tigers at Leichardt.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    Grade 3 is ludicrous, Moses took a dive as one expects from a tiger. They should fight it for a downgrade

11. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    It was a disgusting tackle.

Edit. Thanks @jethro

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    He definitely had a case to answer and deserved a suspension, but 3-4 weeks seems a little steep to me. 2-3 would have been more fitting. His record is Ok isn't it ? I don't think there are any carry overs or loadings in that are there ?

13. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Were you really? I never noticed :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Agree, he bounced up pretty quick after his acting put him on report. Picked him up and slammed him down, didn't see a great deal of pressure, crunching his head and neck. Geez, there has been plenty of Manly hating loading this year.

15. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,572 / 45
    Well, at least Tyson should hold his bench spot with a bit of luck!

• Like Like x 2
  16. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    And look at it as a chance for Horo to freshen up for the run home, and finals footy.

It was an ugly, unnecessary tackle.

3 or 4 weeks is a bit harsh for mine, too.

17. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,796 / 58
    Maybe he can use this time to put down the x-box, stop watching nfl 24-7 and review some of his footage from last year where he and Foz actually had good chemistry going?

Now ferris is hitting the gaps a lot better.

18. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642 / 74
    It was like horo tackled him too easily, so he picked the kid up again so he could re-tackle him.

Wonder if hoz will be back in 1sts after watmough and Glenn return.

19. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    I hate that sand bagging type tackle. Inglis and Hodges both do it and it's dangerous as. It's a serious neck injury waiting to happen and should be a penalty everytime.

20. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    I have to say I thought our mob went over the top with that young fullback. Even Boris dished out some punishment. A good hard "welcome to 1st grade son" is OK but some of the crap we dished out was ordinary - including the Horo tackle of course.