Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hey Guys

ParramattaEel said:
Someone mentionEd our salary cap. The inside talk in parra is we are releasin morts to roosters [to replace carney] which frees up 250k and justin poore which frees up 200k we also lost fringe players which = around 200k total = 650k now rumor is we signed the hoppa boys for 800k the both so it leaves 150k which we hand anyway since we were down almost a million anyway plus all the Old bags who retired so fitting him in should be easy. To other people who claim we are s**t. We gave you a good game and we are s**t.

With the purchases of
Tonga brothers
Hoppa brothers
Sandow
Roberts
And our juniors we are decent contenders. I know you will argue my point but we went against all odds in 09 and went from a spooners to GRAND FINAL

So its the spin of the bottel

Who gives a **** go away. Onto ignore.

RE: Hoppa Selection.....secret agenda?

Get over it children.

Over the years Manly would have made plans to appoint or move on players or coaches months, maybe years, before it becomes public. Who's to say decisions on plans with Rodney & Robbo weren't made many months before they were advised. By either party. Just as you might do in your own career planning or business planning.

It's a 2 way street. It's business. It's careers. He played out his commitments to a high standard, and Manly's offer for Hoppa's future was simply not in the ballpark. That flick pass alone may well have ultimately been the difference between being the premiers and being runners up. Who knows?

Jono said:
ParramattaEel said:
Its funny how the members on here say they don't care about the signing yet every second post is actually about this topic. I say let it go, most of you guys are saying his awful yet you commenting on how the eels signed him.

That only proves you guys are all worked up about it, let it go. After all he will be away from the game for 2 years.

ParraFan, its not about the fact that we lost a Junior. That would be fine as we've taken many of yours and turned them into Premiers. After all, you are our feeder club.

However, what we are dirty about is the fact that we were loyal to the Hoppa family for 2 decades and this is how we are repaid. Its like a spit in the face. It would be the same if we went after Eric Grothe Jr or one of your other sons. Its the same as how the Buldogs felt when you took Daniel Mortimer.

Taking Juniors is one thing, taking children bred within the club is like a punch in the guts. That's one reason we don't like Vautin. You can't call yourself a clubman then allow your son to go somewhere else. Seeing a Hoppa in Yellow and Blue will be heart breaking.

Honestly, I have thought about it the past few days: he can piss off. In the end, Sunday is the closest he will ever get to a Premiership ring if he continues to follow his Dad's advice.

dceagle said:
The real concern I have for Hoppa is this ......

Who was the last player to go to Parra an became a better player for it ?

Seriously , Who ?...... Fui maybe , but that's about it .

I agree. Will can kiss any future premierships goodbye.

As the saying goes: Parramatta breed the Green and Gold. However, it takes leaving Parramatta before they will reach that potential.

J Hoppa was hardly like a Grothe or Mortimer. Don't forget he went to the Tigers. Some people need to realize it's only a game and we will move on.

Im sick of all these "Footy is a business" "family to feed" self rightious people saying to "Get Over It" all the time. We all have a right to say what we think. If you want to wish these blokes well then go ahead, But dont come on here telling the rest of us to get over it or to pull our head in. It May be a business these days but it is also about having a bit of respect for the company you have delveloped and currently signed with.

If i worked for Coke and we had just been named best soft drink in the world for 2011 do you think my boss would be happy that the day afterward whilst showing off my award to the papers I told everyone that I had got a job with Pepsi. Coke would go beserk and probably try to sue me and Pepsi would be happy they stole Coke's thunder.

So this garbage of get over it its a business doesnt wash with me. Its a bit like religion its is fine as long as you dont force your opinions and lifestyles on someone else so stop saying to get over it because i wont if i dont want to. I dont care that he is going but i am seriously annoyed that he chose to let the cat out of the bag a day after our GF win and spoil our celebrations it shows a complete lack of respect for the fans he pissed on our parade.

And if anyone else says "He helped us win a grand final" they can get stuffed. We helped this kid develop his career into what it is today from the u7's to now and to be honest we would have won that game with Wolfie or T Rex on the wing so dont make out like he came in and was the messiah hes not Wayne Bennett or Jamie Lyon FFS. We helped him get a premiership ring and he chose to let the world know the day after the GF because the guilt was killing him. No sympathy or thanks will be going the Hoppas way from me.

ParramattaEel said:
Someone mentionEd our salary cap. The inside talk in parra is we are releasin morts to roosters [to replace carney] which frees up 250k and justin poore which frees up 200k we also lost fringe players which = around 200k total = 650k now rumor is we signed the hoppa boys for 800k the both so it leaves 150k which we hand anyway since we were down almost a million anyway plus all the Old bags who retired so fitting him in should be easy. To other people who claim we are s**t. We gave you a good game and we are s**t.

With the purchases of
Tonga brothers
Hoppa brothers
Sandow
Roberts
And our juniors we are decent contenders. I know you will argue my point but we went against all odds in 09 and went from a spooners to GRAND FINAL

Copying Souffs recruitment policies hey????

conanu said:
Im sick of all these "Footy is a business" "family to feed" self rightious people saying to "Get Over It" all the time. We all have a right to say what we think. If you want to wish these blokes well then go ahead, But dont come on here telling the rest of us to get over it or to pull our head in. It May be a business these days but it is also about having a bit of respect for the company you have delveloped and currently signed with.

If i worked for Coke and we had just been named best soft drink in the world for 2011 do you think my boss would be happy that the day afterward whilst showing off my award to the papers I told everyone that I had got a job with Pepsi. Coke would go beserk and probably try to sue me and Pepsi would be happy they stole Coke's thunder.

So this garbage of get over it its a business doesnt wash with me. Its a bit like religion its is fine as long as you dont force your opinions and lifestyles on someone else so stop saying to get over it because i wont if i dont want to. I dont care that he is going but i am seriously annoyed that he chose to let the cat out of the bag a day after our GF win and spoil our celebrations it shows a complete lack of respect for the fans he pissed on our parade.

And if anyone else says "He helped us win a grand final" they can get stuffed. We helped this kid develop his career into what it is today from the u7's to now and to be honest we would have won that game with Wolfie or T Rex on the wing so dont make out like he came in and was the messiah hes not Wayne Bennett or Jamie Lyon FFS. We helped him get a premiership ring and he chose to let the world know the day after the GF because the guilt was killing him. No sympathy or thanks will be going the Hoppas way from me.

Get over it :p

I'm not here to tell you what to do. If anything i would be pissed but that doesn't mean i bag out a player and say his got no talent. Some of you are attacking me when i've been nothing less than a nice person. Not in a post have i attacked anyone. Pretty much said whats on my mind and some people don't accept it.

ParramattaEel said:
I'm not here to tell you what to do. If anything i would be pissed but that doesn't mean i bag out a player and say his got no talent. Some of you are attacking me when i've been nothing less than a nice person. Not in a post have i attacked anyone. Pretty much said whats on my mind and some people don't accept it.

Don't let it worry you mate. Just let it go over you like water off a duck's back. There are just a few passionate fans here who are a bit upset over the whole situation and are just venting and you are just providing them an outlet. Don't take it to heart too much.

RE: leave the hoppas alone

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The Eagle said:
Rex said:
Grow up guys.

This is a career. Players may not have long in the game. One injury and the payday may come to an absolute and total halt. The difference in offers was HUGE. I rate Hoppa right up there. Great ability, great potential. But he signs elsewhere and we move on. Plenty of other options.

Being bitter about it serves no-one. Not one of his team-mates would be bitter. Disappointed, yes. Bitter, no.

Hoppa may be telling the absolute truth when he says he loves Manly, and wants to play with Manly in the future. And this is his career. Manly may well want him to return in the future and he may well want to return.

The character assassinations here are not in Manly's interests, and would do us no favours, and could do irreparable harm, if he or one of his brothers are wanted by Manly in the future.

He lied to us,period

I don't care about anything but the truth which he failed to tell, Burns left for cash, he had the nuts to admit it and deserves our admiration for it, cut it how you see fit but I see a lying mormon
Where is the link to his lie? I haven't heard it.

The unfortunate thing is that we heard it from his very own mouth on Sunday night. Now this. Whatever, he lied and my opinion of him has gone down ten-fold. Hopefully the church will tear him a new one and get him back on track.

ParramattaEel said:

With the purchases of
Tonga brothers
Hoppa brothers
Sandow
Roberts

Mate "Contenders" Your off your head. Did you see how lazy 3/4 of your team are.
Just like the hoppas leaving wont be that huge of an effect on us (he was injured for alot of 2011.) Him going to your club wont save yours, If you signed the Stewart Brothers I would say yeah maybe you would improve to top 8 maybe, but Hoppa??? 1 bloke im sorry great player but just like Hindmarsh is a great player now you will have 2 blokes doing the work of 17 instead of 1. he aint going to fix your problems. And neither is Kearney he is the "Token Melbourne Player" that was an assistant coach under Bellamy we all know Bennett was behind the Kiwi victories I really think Kearney is a pretender. Michael Maguire will be the next Bennett clone you guys bought the Dud horse from the top stable Souths got the gun. Cant believe you got rid of a coach that brought you from the ****house to the penthouse cause your superstar didnt get on with him.
Parra prediction maybe 9th or 8th next year if you are lucky Sandow will lose you more games than he wins way too risky.

Jethro said:
ParramattaEel said:

Don't let it worry you mate. Just let it go over you like water off a duck's back. There are just a few passionate fans here who are a bit upset over the whole situation and are just venting and you are just providing them an outlet. Don't take it to heart too much.

Yeah, you'd probably be better off coming here and rubbing it in our faces.

Jethro said:
ParramattaEel said:

Like i said i would be frustrated. But the way i see it is, the kid didn't care for loyalty he wanted money. I'd be angry as well. But hey we got to cheer for this signing but you guys get to cheer for the ring which every other team is craving right not .. envying you guys .. you guys are the envy of every other team right now

ParramattaEel said:

Are you refering to my post when you say your not telling me what to do.

Cause i wasnt referring to you it was all the Manly fans telling people to get over it and go easy that was annoying me. But same goes for you too. The difference between you and them is I somewhat care what the rest of these guys think, your posts on the other hand are a like bad song playing in the background. But you seem like a nice enough bloke.

Well thanks for the complement.

I might be bad music in the background but hey at least i'm being heard lol. Some people on here are cool i guess. :heart: Share the love. After all we are all human (Now this is getting awkward)

ParramattaEel said:
Jethro said:
ParramattaEel said:

Like i said i would be frustrated. But the way i see it is, the kid didn't care for loyalty he wanted money. I'd be angry as well. But hey we got to cheer for this signing but you guys get to cheer for the ring which every other team is craving right not .. envying you guys .. you guys are the envy of every other team right now

Mate, I'm not happy about the whole Hoppa situation either but I just realise that whinging about it isn't going to change anything so I've moved on and I'm sure that after a period of time, the others will move on too. Go Manly. NRL Premiers in 2011 :p

Im over the signing that was easy cause he was going for 2 years anyway.This is probably my last day of venting too. I get more revved up when people tell me to calm down. Maybe if everyone was saying get revved up i would be over it. Ha Ha

Yeah im over it, but its kinda like your mrs cheating on ya and the whole town knows except you and then they tell you on your birthday. You never really get over that.

Are we the F***'n Premiers cause i nearly forgot. MANLY 2011

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8