Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: leave the hoppas alone

Phantar said:
jjai said:
I dont really care about this.. WE WON THE COMP 2011.. he wouldnt have been able to play again till 2014 .. no bigdeal .. Atleast we got some money freed up..
Had we lost the GF i be filthy then.. but the win kind of made me numb to the whole Hoppa situation..

& dnt forget Hoppa SNR only got 11weeks in 06 he would have been back around late july early sept anyway(& he would have been welcomed back by BK & others with open arms, we needed him then we were on a 9game losing streak but still managed to hang onto 8th spot at the end), but manly released him because of the pressure from the media & gallop ,who then had to take up boxing to feed his family.. So thats how much Loyalty Hoppa senior was shown by manly.. i`m sure JOHN HOPOATE will never forget that..

It was Round 2, 2005 jjai, and he wasn't banished from the team. I saw him at the players warm-up in the St Augustines grounds before the Melbourne game early that year a few weeks after he was suspended. And that was not an isolated event. However it was obvious to all and sundry that he was a marked man with the referees (I think it was Bill Harrigan who said as much at the time) with no future left in the game.

There had been a number of indiscretions, including ironically one at Parramatta Stadium, between his rejoining the Club and that sickening hit on Keith Galloway. Manly gave the guy plenty of chances.

So let's not try and rewrite history.

ok 05 sorry .. still we were short of players & we could have used him .. Delmege didnt want him to go but all the rest did , because of the media & gallop..
& of course he was still with the team he was suspended for 11weeks , but the club didnt have to give in to refs media & gallop..contract was terminated..

i dont know... my friends brother is mates with willyhoppa and he said he was happy to return in 2 years i dunno wat happens since:huh:

RE: Hey Guys

The real concern I have for Hoppa is this ......

Who was the last player to go to Parra an became a better player for it ?

Seriously , Who ?...... Fui maybe , but that's about it .

F**k em!! The club has done a lot for that family and now they are all going to our most hated rivals. The money was obviously to much to refuse. But don't forget most people usually regret leaving Manly and it wouldn't surprise to see them back one day.

For now though, forget about them and don't let them ruin this premiership celebration!!

Manly paid overs for young Hoppa when he was a young potential star. They showed great loyalty at picking up Hoppa Snr when he was a joke and untouchable after his Wests Tigers Antics.

Sadly, the behaviour of the family in all this is quite mercenary. Did Manly get the chance of a counter offer - was any consideration given to what Manly has done for all the Hoppas? Did Manly even know he was gone. The saddest thing is that Will, who by all accounts is a nice guy, seemed not to know of all this and even told the papers the day after the GF he was looking forward to playing for Manly after his mission service.

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Just heard tosser Osbourne say Will wanted to be part of what they are building at Parra lol

Before you build don't need to run a bulldozer through it. The slime wouldn't know how to.

Well at least Shane Shackleton has two team mates he can send up : Fuifui and liar liar.

MK Eagle said:
i mean shaking hands with supporters & promising to return is not exactly honourable from a man of god?
Indeed I have lost all faith in the church of latter day saints and will no longer greet them with a warm smile and a hearty welcome when their representatives next come knocking at my door.

RE: Hoppa Selection.....secret agenda?

You were on the money clon, so the deal was done that far back.

What a two faced ankle (4 foot lower than a canuck)

Grow up guys.

This is a career. Players may not have long in the game. One injury and the payday may come to an absolute and total halt. The difference in offers was HUGE. I rate Hoppa right up there. Great ability, great potential. But he signs elsewhere and we move on. Plenty of other options.

Being bitter about it serves no-one. Not one of his team-mates would be bitter. Disappointed, yes. Bitter, no.

Hoppa may be telling the absolute truth when he says he loves Manly, and wants to play with Manly in the future. And this is his career. Manly may well want him to return in the future and he may well want to return.

The character assassinations here are not in Manly's interests, and would do us no favours, and could do irreparable harm, if he or one of his brothers are wanted by Manly in the future.

Rex said:
Grow up guys.

This is a career. Players may not have long in the game. One injury and the payday may come to an absolute and total halt. The difference in offers was HUGE. I rate Hoppa right up there. Great ability, great potential. But he signs elsewhere and we move on. Plenty of other options.

Being bitter about it serves no-one. Not one of his team-mates would be bitter. Disappointed, yes. Bitter, no.

Hoppa may be telling the absolute truth when he says he loves Manly, and wants to play with Manly in the future. And this is his career. Manly may well want him to return in the future and he may well want to return.

The character assassinations here are not in Manly's interests, and would do us no favours, and could do irreparable harm, if he or one of his brothers are wanted by Manly in the future.

He lied to us,period

I don't care about anything but the truth which he failed to tell, Burns left for cash, he had the nuts to admit it and deserves our admiration for it, cut it how you see fit but I see a lying mormon

FFS he is a young kid. He obviously did not know what to say when asked about his future by the media, he is only 19. I dare say the deal was not meant to come out this quickly but it did, **** happens. If he said to the media straight after the GF that he was leaving for the Eels you would all whinge about him saying it straight after a GF win and taking the shine of it, even though he was honest. No win situation. No one likes giving bad news, it would have been especially difficult for him.

RE: Hoppa Selection.....secret agenda?

This makes hopoate an even bigger wanker. Hopefully the family will go live in Parramatta as well now.

I wonder if he told the club back in June when he made his decision or did he really only confess to his team mates and coach after the grand final?

ParramattaEel said:
Its funny how the members on here say they don't care about the signing yet every second post is actually about this topic. I say let it go, most of you guys are saying his awful yet you commenting on how the eels signed him.

That only proves you guys are all worked up about it, let it go. After all he will be away from the game for 2 years.

ParraFan, its not about the fact that we lost a Junior. That would be fine as we've taken many of yours and turned them into Premiers. After all, you are our feeder club.

However, what we are dirty about is the fact that we were loyal to the Hoppa family for 2 decades and this is how we are repaid. Its like a spit in the face. It would be the same if we went after Eric Grothe Jr or one of your other sons. Its the same as how the Buldogs felt when you took Daniel Mortimer.

Taking Juniors is one thing, taking children bred within the club is like a punch in the guts. That's one reason we don't like Vautin. You can't call yourself a clubman then allow your son to go somewhere else. Seeing a Hoppa in Yellow and Blue will be heart breaking.

Honestly, I have thought about it the past few days: he can piss off. In the end, Sunday is the closest he will ever get to a Premiership ring if he continues to follow his Dad's advice.

dceagle said:
The real concern I have for Hoppa is this ......

Who was the last player to go to Parra an became a better player for it ?

Seriously , Who ?...... Fui maybe , but that's about it .

I agree. Will can kiss any future premierships goodbye.

As the saying goes: Parramatta breed the Green and Gold. However, it takes leaving Parramatta before they will reach that potential.

The Eagle said:
Rex said:
Grow up guys.

He lied to us,period

I don't care about anything but the truth which he failed to tell, Burns left for cash, he had the nuts to admit it and deserves our admiration for it, cut it how you see fit but I see a lying mormon
Where is the link to his lie? I haven't heard it.

Someone mentionEd our salary cap. The inside talk in parra is we are releasin morts to roosters [to replace carney] which frees up 250k and justin poore which frees up 200k we also lost fringe players which = around 200k total = 650k now rumor is we signed the hoppa boys for 800k the both so it leaves 150k which we hand anyway since we were down almost a million anyway plus all the Old bags who retired so fitting him in should be easy. To other people who claim we are ****. We gave you a good game and we are ****.

With the purchases of
Tonga brothers
Hoppa brothers
Sandow
Roberts
And our juniors we are decent contenders. I know you will argue my point but we went against all odds in 09 and went from a spooners to GRAND FINAL

So its the spin of the bottel

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8