Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hey Guys

Who cares why they are here?

These guys, much like the bronco's fans, have added a nice different perspective

I do not think they have been trolling / creating problems...it is a shame some of you seem to be so overly sensitive

RE: leave the hoppas alone

I dont really care about this.. WE WON THE COMP 2011.. he wouldnt have been able to play again till 2014 .. no bigdeal .. Atleast we got some money freed up..
Had we lost the GF i be filthy then.. but the win kind of made me numb to the whole Hoppa situation..

& dnt forget Hoppa SNR only got 11weeks in 06 he would have been back around late july early sept anyway(& he would have been welcomed back by BK & others with open arms, we needed him then we were on a 9game losing streak but still managed to hang onto 8th spot at the end), but manly released him because of the pressure from the media & gallop ,who then had to take up boxing to feed his family.. So thats how much Loyalty Hoppa senior was shown by manly.. i`m sure JOHN HOPOATE will never forget that..

lsz said:

These guys, much like the bronco's fans, have added a nice different perspective

I do not think they have been trolling / creating problems...it is a shame some of you seem to be so overly sensitive

Some of us are so retarded we judge based on colors, theres alot about para I dislike but Hindy has showed us all respectable things can come in a blue and gold (horrendous colors to stuff together btw, yuk) outfits

Hey Parraman! Cheers for the comments. Winning Grand Finals are sublime!

If Will plays in 2012, the concern for parra is that Sandow, Hayne and Hoppa will be taking up a large chunk of the salary cap (about 50%). If still contracted, I'm sure money towards Mortimer is poured down the drain too. A number of players will have to be cut. Hope there are plenty of forwards that are willing to take minmum wage.

The Eagle said:
lsz said:

Some of us are so retarded we judge based on colors, theres alot about para I dislike but Hindy has showed us all respectable things can come in a blue and gold (horrendous colors to stuff together btw, yuk) outfits

I prefer to see how people are before i "judge" them

Thanks for some support guys.

As for people who say i came on because of our signing. I only done this because i want to reply to some criticism that we are getting as a club.

Just the way you will defend your beloved club i will defend mine. No hard feelings i just don't like the way you guys are bragging out Hopa when he signed with us but previously you guys praised him. So a few people out there should learn to accept it.

By the way i visit all fan forums cause i like to get latest news on every club cause nrl is **** when it comes to dishing out news. But fan forums have always inside scopes.

This is actually refreshing

My opinion is with the Salary cap you can't keep everyone and i like that it makes the game more even. Whilst it kills me to see Hoppa go to Parra you can't blame the kid for the kind of $$ on offer.

I actually felt Parra deserved to finish higher on the ladder than they did. They gave us a run for our money in both games we played and were so close on many occasions. Should be interesting with Sandow there next year

Jatz Crackers said:
Has anyone considered that, in part, Hoppa may have withheld disclosure about signing elsewhere due to concerns he might have been left out of the GF ?

Probably a long bow but possible.

.....or the possibility that at the time of his comments that he actually didn't know until his father told him where he was going to sign. I lay the whole blame of this fiasco on the shoulders of his father.

The only thing that dissappoints me about the 2011 season is that Parra didn't win the spoon.

I agree that with the cap we are going to lose players and we have to accept that. Luckily for Hoppa he has got a premiership in the bag, the only thing he will put in his bag out Parra way is the cash, before he looks for greener pastures.

The Wheel said:
The only thing that dissappoints me about the 2011 season is that Parra didn't win the spoon.

I agree that with the cap we are going to lose players and we have to accept that. Luckily for Hoppa he has got a premiership in the bag, the only thing he will put in his bag out Parra way is the cash, before he looks for greener pastures.

He will also need to put a gun in his bag for protection while walking in Parramatta. He will also need to decide which gang to join out there - the bloods or the crips.

On TEN news last night a reporter interviewed John Hopoate and asked him if he was happy with his sons deal at parra? Hoppa snr took a step to the side, pulled out his phone and made a phone call. Presumably to Will. His words were "did you tell the channel 10 bloke WE was signed with Parra." And that was that.

We, John? Make your own money.

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

mickqld said:
But it's fun to bag Parra. They are such a freakin joke how could you not bag Parra. It's every Manly supporters god given right to bag Parra. In fact I'm not sure you could be a true Manly supporter if you didn't bag the crap out of Parra. They are Westie scum, the mortal enemy. Every season they finish out the finals is like an added bonus. I sat there at the 1982/83 grand finals getting the s**t bagged out of me from Parra scum supporters so I will never ever let up on them while we dominate over them.

:heart:

I wasn't even alive in the 80s but I have no problem hating Parramatta with a passion. Half of my family are Parra supporters, but it doesn't matter. Hating Parra scum is part of being a Manly fan.

Look Hoppa Snr is an imbecile and is turning into the aussie version of Mike Tyson.
Who cares?. He contributed as a player and fathered a future star who contributed to the 2011 grand final win massively and for that I have been grateful. Otherwise I couldn't give a stuff.
To Will, well done, and congratulations on securing a very lucrative deal for yourself. I persoanlly think Will will become one of the very elite rugby league players when he returns so the money is very well spent, despite the risk.
And to be honest, good on Parramatta and it will be fun to take them on over the next few years with all these marquee signings. It will be great to renew the rivalry between the clubs when they are both on top of the table.
NYEagle

Leave the WHO'S alone? Never heard, nor want to hear that name....especially if the bloke has a filthy Eels jersey on.

jjai said:
I dont really care about this.. WE WON THE COMP 2011.. he wouldnt have been able to play again till 2014 .. no bigdeal .. Atleast we got some money freed up..
Had we lost the GF i be filthy then.. but the win kind of made me numb to the whole Hoppa situation..

& dnt forget Hoppa SNR only got 11weeks in 06 he would have been back around late july early sept anyway(& he would have been welcomed back by BK & others with open arms, we needed him then we were on a 9game losing streak but still managed to hang onto 8th spot at the end), but manly released him because of the pressure from the media & gallop ,who then had to take up boxing to feed his family.. So thats how much Loyalty Hoppa senior was shown by manly.. i`m sure JOHN HOPOATE will never forget that..

It was Round 2, 2005 jjai, and he wasn't banished from the team. I saw him at the players warm-up in the St Augustines grounds before the Melbourne game early that year a few weeks after he was suspended. And that was not an isolated event. However it was obvious to all and sundry that he was a marked man with the referees (I think it was Bill Harrigan who said as much at the time) with no future left in the game.

There had been a number of indiscretions, including ironically one at Parramatta Stadium, between his rejoining the Club and that sickening hit on Keith Galloway. Manly gave the guy plenty of chances.

So let's not try and rewrite history.

He's gone now. Just another player at another club. He was lucky enough to play in a GF with Manly. Not in the clubs future plans and therefore irrelevant.

lsz said:
Time to grow up and move on lads

Totally agree..suck it up and let it go. He's going and we have other's who will step up. Amazing how people can feel so cheated about a players decision. Its a job opportunity for him which I for one would be jumping at the dollars without knowing what sort form I would return in after 2 years of door knocking :flogger:

In addition to the 800/850K or should I say subtraction, Hoppa's Chruch gets an automatic 10% of everything in his contract, pretty good return for not doing a lot!!!!

anthonyb1965 said:
In addition to the 800/850K or should I say subtraction, Hoppa's Chruch gets an automatic 10% of everything in his contract, pretty good return for not doing a lot!!!!

reLOLgion all it managed to do is brainwash our poor hoppa farking parra

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8