Honey, where is my PITCHFORK .. IF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How did Canberra get the NSW winger Ferguson?
They said he comes from The Entrance Tigers.
‘Why would anyone move to Canberra.
We should’ve got him.
‘We’ve got beaches, and we love buying anyone that’s
at the Tigers, been a tiger, or it’s just your junior clubs name/emblem.
‘That big bastard Clydesdale looks like Tommy with 20kg of meat on him.
The Qlders did a pretty good job of containing the Fainu bros, but that left the
door open to Fergo, Strange, and Clydesdale.
The talent across the board was brilliant.
I really hope we can keep the Fainus’.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Important announcement ...

The proposed looting, pillaging and burning of the Penn Centre of illogical Incompetence has been cancelled.

apparently all is on the up as our glorious leader has spoken to Lodge personally by phone and after an in depth 2 minute conversation, has assured all of us sausage roll eaters that he, Lodge, is indeed the waited for Messiah and inspirational leader we need...

Nothing but blue skies to come ... Praise the Lord.

Psssh

I followed through with my 'non-march'

quitters.

lulz

Eagle 1

First Grader
I'll just feign outrage in a drunken, offensive word state on Sat night after we lose and then calm down to meek acceptance that we are so sh*t as a club again.
ha ha..looking forward to your rant on Sat then Mick...never fail to entertain that's for sure.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
And we are now exactly like the ESL, only a few clubs will ever win a premiership with the rest making up the numbers for the broadcast deal, you only have to look at the clubs that have won since we last did.

Only the one in 2016 for the Sharks was “ out of the box” the rest come from the big , well funded , juggernauts.

And if you really look at it closely you cannot see that trend changing anytime soon.

I bet , if I’m still alive in a other decade , that the majority of premierships have been won by,

Panthers ( huge leagues club & nursery)

Broncos ( the wealthiest club )

Easts ( the best connections on the game )

Storm ( well run, lots of legs up due to where they are )

And you’ll get the occasional one maybe once a decade that’s different.

But really the other 12-13 clubs are just there to prop up the competition.

I disagree to an extent on the above.

6 different premiers in 11 years is not that crazy.

This has been mirrored plenty of times across the years.

For example 1960 up to and including 1970 had 3 premiers - St George (7) Souths (3) Tigers one

1970 up to and including 1980 had 5 premiers - Souths (2) Manly (4) Roosters (2) Saints (2) and the Dogs (1)

1980 up to and including 1990 had 4 premiers - Parramatta (4) Bulldogs (4) Manly (1) Canberra (2)

1990 up to and including 2000 had 7 though that is including a split comp in 97. - Canberra (2) Penrith (1) Brisbane (4 plus SL) Bulldogs (1) Manly (1) Newcastle (1) and Storm (1)

2000 to 2010 was an outlier with 9 but then back to 7.

Its logical that clubs have a run when their administration and squads align as the Panthers have now. However this wont last forever.

Look at your so listed juggernaut the Brisbane Broncos, last premiership 16 seasons ago.

On the otherside of the coin, Panthers nursey and leagues club hasn't change, but before the last 2 years they had won one premiership in 29 years.

These things go in cycles.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
How did Canberra get the NSW winger Ferguson?
They said he comes from The Entrance Tigers.
‘Why would anyone move to Canberra.
We should’ve got him.
‘We’ve got beaches, and we love buying anyone that’s
at the Tigers, been a tiger, or it’s just your junior clubs name/emblem.
‘That big bastard Clydesdale looks like Tommy with 20kg of meat on him.
The Qlders did a pretty good job of containing the Fainu bros, but that left the
door open to Fergo, Strange, and Clydesdale.
The talent across the board was brilliant.
I really hope we can keep the Fainus’.

Ferguson is at the Knights and heading to the Bunnies I believe.

Ethan Strange is at the Raiders.

The Raiders, knowing the struggle to attract top players have been out hoovering up all the young talent they can. They have done a good job of it too. Some good talent down there.

danno101

Total bull**** mr Tartak..
Your a fly in and only post crap about the Fainus and how great Tartak is..
People aren't stupid it's pretty obvious your a Tartak stooge.
And if this is the type of low **** that organisation is peddling then all the more reason we support the clubs stance
In short.. f@#k off
Hey keyboard warrior, do you talk this way to people that you disagree with in the real world?
Dont act tough behind a computer. If we had this conversation in person I guarantee you would be a lot nicer haha.

Show me where I have posted about "how great Tartak is" ? He is just a regular player agent who negotiates for the best deal just like every other player agent in the game. DCE's agent did the same in 2015 with the whole titans backflip saga.

Tartak never controlled manly like what people on here think. Des was not a Tartak client. Isaac Moses actually controls Manly. Seibold is a Moses client. Manly have signed 6 Moses players in less than a year (condon, brooks, talau, cooper johns, woods, lodge). A few of those no other club wanted so Moses told Seibold to sign them so that he can collect some easy commision money.

Why has woods been getting game time over Samuela or Keppie? I dont want to hear that woods is cheaper. All 3 are contracted this year and healthy so all 3 are available for selection. Woods is by far worse than them but Seibold continues to select him. Dosent take a genius to figure out the real reason, but then again Im not dealing with the most intelligent people here.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So:

1 - Posted 'what does it matter who the agent is'- then has gone on and on and on about Moses.
2 - Tells people not to be a keyboard warrior - then types as a keyboard warrior threatening that if you met 'in real life you'd be much nicer'
3- Calls out a poster for being impolite - then says all ST posters "are not the most intelligent people."

Well, we're smart enough to realise we've had enough with the single track posting, and anti Manly tirades, because the club hasn't asked you who they should sign.

No need to post anymore, we'll just re-read one of your exact same posts if we need a refresher.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Tartak never controlled manly like what people on here think. Des was not a Tartak client. Isaac Moses actually controls Manly. Seibold is a Moses client. Manly have signed 6 Moses players in less than a year (condon, brooks, talau, cooper johns, woods, lodge). A few of those no other club wanted so Moses told Seibold to sign them so that he can collect some easy commision money.

Controlling Manly is such a lazy narrative, in Bullemor and Brooks he'll have two certain top 17 players next year, hardly enough to be some sort of puppet master.

Also Woods is being paid by Saints so Moses commission doesn't change and Lodge is earing what, 7k??

I agree we need to be mindful of agents and at the current time in Particular mindful of Moses (considering what happened at the Bronos) but IMO you are being quiet alarmist.

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Controlling Manly is such a lazy narrative, in Bullemor and Brooks he'll have to certain top 17 players next year, hardly enough to be some sort of puppet master.

Also Woods is being paid by Saints so Moses commission does change and Lodge is earing what, 7k??

I agree we need to be mindful of agents and at the current time in Particular mindful of Moses (considering what happened at the Bronos) but IMO you are being quiet alarmist.
I’m beginning to think he’s either Tartak or an employee of Tartak.

One thing we can be assured of , he’s not Moses or an employee of Moses.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
Don’t know if it’s worth anything, but last year pre the stabbing trial verdict I had lunch with one of the major sponsors.

They know I’m a huge Manly fan so they chat around a few things. They are both huge fans also and talk about all the players.

When the trial came up they were super positive thinking Fainu was not guilty and they had chipped in to help the family and the club with legal issues.

They were adamant that he was innocent and couldn’t wait for it to be proven.

Maybe, just maybe the club and the sponsors who have a big say are not too happy with the elder brothers lies and want to see the back of the whole family.

Just a theory, but I know the sponsors were red faced about the whole stabbing incident.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Hey keyboard warrior, do you talk this way to people that you disagree with in the real world?
Dont act tough behind a computer. If we had this conversation in person I guarantee you would be a lot nicer haha.

Show me where I have posted about "how great Tartak is" ? He is just a regular player agent who negotiates for the best deal just like every other player agent in the game. DCE's agent did the same in 2015 with the whole titans backflip saga.

Why has woods been getting game time over Samuela or Keppie? I dont want to hear that woods is cheaper. All 3 are contracted this year and healthy so all 3 are available for selection. Woods is by far worse than them but Seibold continues to select him. Dosent take a genius to figure out the real reason, but then again Im not dealing with the most intelligent people her
Apparently the people on here have some intelligence, enough to see through your posts and your agenda
As for Keyboard warrior im pretty sure your describing yourself, we are not friends and if i met you face to face i would still give you my opinion including finishing it with f@#k off

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
It’s sad when you just accept it as the norm now.

I’m so pleased ( and lucky ) my 10 year involvement with the club was 2003-2013 , during most of that time we were very competitive and it was great fun to be a supporter.

And in the 10 years since I retired I’m lucky I have new interests now which means I’m not as heavily invested as I once was.

I feel really sorry for our captain , and Jurbo / Turbo , they bleed for the club , and will probably never see a Premiership before they retire ( yeah I know Daly already has one ) but you know what I mean.

It’s only them, and a few others who give a ****.

And we are now exactly like the ESL, only a few clubs will ever win a premiership with the rest making up the numbers for the broadcast deal, you only have to look at the clubs that have won since we last did.

Only the one in 2016 for the Sharks was “ out of the box” the rest come from the big , well funded , juggernauts.

And if you really look at it closely you cannot see that trend changing anytime soon.

I bet , if I’m still alive in a other decade , that the majority of premierships have been won by,

Panthers ( huge leagues club & nursery)

Broncos ( the wealthiest club )

Easts ( the best connections on the game )

Storm ( well run, lots of legs up due to where they are )

And you’ll get the occasional one maybe once a decade that’s different.

But really the other 12-13 clubs are just there to prop up the competition.

If the NRL were really fair dinkum about giving each of the 17 sides ( 18 soon ) an equal chance they’d introduce a fairer system to spread the talent , the salary cap has failed in that sense.
AFL manage it by having a draft. Until these NRL clowns adopt the same system and stop being dictated to by the players and that di*k Newton nothing will ever change.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
A decade of pathetic returns for a club that spent so long at the top. The Penn era has been a complete shambles of failure after failure. Coaching fiascos , a circus in recruitment and just rubbish after rubbish of signing reject journeymen players who've proved they are nothing but average. This club has become one of those also ran, make up the numbers joke clubs that will never win sh*t. Nothing will change until we get owners who are winners and not clueless show ponies only interested in showing off that they own a club.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
They will go to the Tigers, they won't want to leave Sydney's western suburbs as they have family there and Sione being at the Tigers has the Tigers in the box seat.

The Dolphins are being used to push up their price but I'm guessing the Dolphins offer hasn't been that huge as they would have either signed by now, or are really wanting to go to the Tigers and waiting out for the Tigers to feel the need to up their offer on the back of the "Dolphins talk".

Either way having these boys at one club under one manager will be an issue for any club going forward..yes lost talent for us but it may be very destabilising for any club that has these boys playing for them. Just my thoughts

manly al

First Grader
Think that Latu has some real talent but is not going to have a walk up start if he goes to the Dolphins
Not in the immediate future anyway, their current halves are quite capable.
Even with Samual in relation to the existing Dolphins pack and with Fleger signing with them now .
Would seem more opportunity at the Tigers for Latu but they seem pretty intent to recruit Sezer or Cooger with Doueihi set to return as the 6 all things normal and have some good forwards as well .
if it strictly based on money or cap issues and partially [ or maybe more ] player agent politics ] , understandable for the intention to not retain them but if it was or is still viable to keep them at Manly, would not seem the worst best option as priorities can be subjective .
Get that Brooks is on his way but Latu is still young and learning and could still be doing that at Manly for a while yet and who knows how it could pan out then . Ditto for Samual
Certainly a lot less attention on Kaeo Weekes in recent times , not sure how he has been going at Blacktown recently but good if can stay in the Manly system ongoing , .
Still has the makings of a good footy player and no reason still also sooner or latter at a higher level

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
They will go to the Tigers, they won't want to leave Sydney's western suburbs as they have family there and Sione being at the Tigers has the Tigers in the box seat.

The Dolphins are being used to push up their price but I'm guessing the Dolphins offer hasn't been that huge as they would have either signed by now, or are really wanting to go to the Tigers and waiting out for the Tigers to feel the need to up their offer on the back of the "Dolphins talk".

Either way having these boys at one club under one manager will be an issue for any club going forward..yes lost talent for us but it may be very destabilising for any club that has these boys playing for them. Just my thoughts
What's going on at the Tigers between Benji and Fulton has a lot to do with the Fainus and why they havnt already signed.

Benji may already see the writing on the wall having the Fulton/Tartak combo too intrenched into the club

Personally if The Fainus management want to do the "best" by their clients they would let the boys sign where they actually want and not nessasarily as a package deal.

Lots of clubs need a half and Latu would be best served to seek a deal alone and build a future.. Samuela likewise.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You might ask yourself why would the Tigers club management sign Fulton without telling Sheens or Marshall what they were planning to do? Firstly it suggests a real lack of confidence in the coaching staff, and secondly it raises real issues as whether the current coaches are in management's future plans. I suspect Fulton's relationship with our players may have played some part in his signing. It is interesting that Latu and Sameula have not agreed to terms with the Dolphins as yet and may well be hanging out for the Tigers to joint their brother. I always thought a recruitment manager was their to make recommendations to management and coaches not to dictate who they do or don't sign. I reckon the volcano is about to blow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12