Holden cup - Bulldogs 56 defeat Manly 0.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eh, they made the grand final last season and our first team still sucks. Still, very disappointing. Our club, from top to bottom, has just been utter **** this season.

Do we actually have anyone recruiting for our 20's .... It's a fairly young team but need some Big props in our 20's in '17 - 4 of them .

To be fair, compared to last year, we have probably the youngest and smallest team in the U20s.

Most of last years team had been together for 2-3 years, with a lot having to be moved up to NSW Cup/other teams due to age increase.

From Zorba

Performances prove players are close to where they need to be

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/19d7fbe935fbdd66a76e77a25794380e

What a load of garbage. I know this article is about the firsts, but this team is miles away in it's current form, and to relate to this thread, where is 2017 coming from?. Need at least two speedy buys in firsts and a whole new squad in Holden Cup - good luck management figuring that out.

I did find one thing. Most teams still lose the week after they play Manly. But the reason is not than Manly beat them up, it is because invariably the team found out they were not as good as they they thought they were after playing Manly. Touche!

NYEagle

Cant be bothered reading ZtH's propaganda.

With his media spin at the beginning of the year I expected a top 8 finish across all of our grades and how did that work out. Now the spin continues and he can deny we have any issues and gloss things over all he wants, but the truth is we failed this year big time.

Our recruitment and coaching staff among other things has simply not been good enough and we are nowhere near where we need to be IMHO.

Our lower grades have a curious history I remember asking a water bottle runner at Manly in the early 90s what was happening in the lower grades.He said reserves were good but the under 21s were awesome. I followed the 21s progress in the papers and was a little surprised to see they missed the finals. I do recall that they scored a huge number of points. Emerging from this team was Menzies and a huge number of top players.

1st grade: 11th from 16 (we had 8 wins from 21)
NSW Cup: 11th from 12 (we had 5 wins from 22)
NYC: 16th from 16 (we had 3 wins from 21)
SG Ball: 12th from 18 (we had 1 win from 9)

As a club, 17 wins from 73 games @ 23% win percentage this season. I also fill this may drop, and we'll end in the teens.

The Penn family, and Mr Kelly must be so proud.

I've been going back through the years, to see when as a club, we have been this bad historically, but its taken too long, and I'm too far back. Likely, this may have been the clubs worst year ever on record as a club.

It's also quite rare to FINISH a season without a major sponsor. But when a club wins only 23% of their games (to date) on the whole, jeez.

^ Didn't you read Zorba's "Manly Daily" column? Even though our results are worse than last year, we're heading in the right direction. Nothing but sunshine, roses, puppies and lollipops from now on. That whole "rugby league is a results-driven business" thing is so 2015…

We could have this squad for 10 years in a row and never make the finals.
Individually not good enough to make up a team - too slow and unskilled. And no depth on top of that.
It is very sad if the club as a whole feels like Zorba does.

Surely our lower grade coaches will do the honourable thing and fall on their sword. After all, it's a results based sport.

Not as bad as it looks.

We were in until that 'kick'.

Pity it was the "Kickoff".

Last edited:
Penn and co are no where to be seen funny that last year they were all very vocal about 2V's.

Management must go , were are a complete rabble of a club at the moment, it is embarrising .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6