Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fluffy

Journey Man
Hodkgo In ... Walker to centre ..... Suli to wing .... M. Wright to #14 .....

I'm a Suli fan ... went well, but I must of missed the 6 tries he scored if people are talking about dropping Kelly ......

you might have been watching a Kelly youtube highlights if you saw him score 6 tries.

Did the game have a silly soundtrack behind it?

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Is it realistic for a player to join and play the same week? I mean he would have to get to know our structures etc?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
you might have been watching a Kelly youtube highlights if you saw him score 6 tries.

Did the game have a silly soundtrack behind it?

Bit slow this morning so I am not sure if you are taking the piss .... but my point was Suli went good .... but not that good that I would be dropping Kelly .....

Sue

Bencher
Structure ?
We have been playing attacking off the cuff high risk stuff and completing at 60 percent. That is why we lose games. No possession, a good forward pack gets tired and we concede tries. Last weeks second half showed the way and I’m sure Barrett learned a lot.

If Hodko can’t direct the big powerful props we have to surge up the middle then he’s not the man for the job. Anyway a seasoned five eight will always be better at that job than Dylan even after two sessions. Dylan is a star, at centre.

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
i feel Hodkgo will be much better half partner to DCE than Green & Croker.
his defense, kicking game is right up the with the best.
and he can kick goals.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Just listened to the podcast and Baz did say hopefully today we’ll get Hodko. 2 sessions this week and depending when he arrives will make a decision to include him against the Storm.

Well sounds like its basically a done deal then. Fingers crossed.

I think the club will want to push to have it done by today so they can name him tommorrow in the 21.

Also Baz will want him to have a week at training to settle into the group.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
In regard to Hodo the relevant point at the present time is whether he does actually have the match fitness level [ on the injury front ] and playing good enough footy and at a sufficient level to warrant changing a winning back line grouping . If it seems that he can offer something more to the side right now , fair enough , but what he has offered worthwhile in the past is still no indication that he can produce it now. Cut from the knights and now running around with Newtown , maybe he is playing o k , maybe he has been struggling a bit. , it is not really clear . To be recruited as a depth player in the short term seems with in reason but to be injected into a winning side straight away is really another matter. Like Walker , Jamie Lyon was certainly better then most N R L centres [ if not the best ] at the time when he played 5 / 8 and that did not preclude him from playing at 6 and for the best interests of that successful Manly side then. Really can not see any difference now in Walker"s instance and now in the 6 .

I take your point.

Walker is a centre, and he is always thinking like one. He plays like a centre in the halves (tries to run around the guy in front), and really doesn't have a kicking game. He has been solid the last 2 weeks, but he is too talented to waste out of position. Teams like Storm will pick us apart without a short kicking game.

Hodko is an organiser and has a solid kicking game. Green and Hodko are similar, so we are going back to that formula. Hodko is also a goal kicker (so now we have 2). The biggest concern is Hodko's knees.

This decision is more about taking pressure off DCE so he can focus on playing his natural game. Walker can go back to doing what he does best.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Whilst we’ve been improving this last two weeks, I get the feel that we will be stronger again with a DCE/Hodko halves combination and Kelly/Walks in the centers. Suli has impressed the hell out of me in the centers so far, so the question is wether you’d keep him on the wing with Wright on the bench or vice versa. Either way we are a better team in my opinion.

Bubbler

Reserve Grader
I take your point.

Walker is a centre, and he is always thinking like one. He plays like a centre in the halves (tries to run around the guy in front), and really doesn't have a kicking game. He has been solid the last 2 weeks, but he is too talented to waste out of position. Teams like Storm will pick us apart without a short kicking game.

Hodko is an organiser and has a solid kicking game. Green and Hodko are similar, so we are going back to that formula. Hodko is also a goal kicker (so now we have 2). The biggest concern is Hodko's knees.

This decision is more about taking pressure off DCE so he can focus on playing his natural game. Walker can go back to doing what he does best.

Can Hodkinson play on crutches?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14