1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hodges

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rodo, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    Wow, what a performance from Hodges. Would have to have been Manly's best player. Such a courageous effort after being taken to hospital last week. Some great runs from him from dummy half.

Manly's found another top player whose going to be a superstar for us in the future.

• Like Like x 5
  2. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    He should be a permanent fixture in the side next year sharing the hooking role with Matty Ballin.
    Will add another dimension to our attack, which is desperately needed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Agree great effort, but for mine JSL was the man

In fact JSL, Starling and Hodges showed equal passion. JSL just had more to show tonight

• Like Like x 4
  4. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    Considering we usually don't use the last member of the bench, seeing him there for a twenty minute stint would not be a bad option.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    JSL tred and starling were huge and Lyon in defense in the last 30 was huge that was a captains knock and if you watch the game again keep an eye on him. Masking 3 huge tackles in a row holding off the overlap and defending against two. His effort should not be disregarded.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    He was super. Gives me great hope for the future. Its not all bad. We will be back

7. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    I thought every one of our forwards were fantastic. How good did we look without the constant crabbing of watmough! Hard and fast and straight they all did it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    In another thread someone was calling him a gun. TBH, thats just way over the top and im certain he wont benefit from the added pressure.

Long long long way to go with Hodges and if you look at the game again (ie without the heat of battle stress) you will find a plethora of mistakes, poor service out of dummy half and some bad reads from the ruck play.

Im not knocking him at all but very early days with his development.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +442 / 4
    in all the good this guy has for the future, gee he took some wrong options tonight on the 5th tackle. In saying that, it would be hard to come into manly's 1st grade team with Ballin being there so long and be able to just slot in.

Still, it's experience for next year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
  11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    If he is not on the bench next year then tooves is taking the piss

12. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +949 / 40
    That's a strange post!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Brooke

Brooke Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 9
    I thought the same. I was sitting really close to where the boys were warming up and they looked happy. DCE had a spring in his step and a smile on his face that had been missing for too long. Some people are saying they still hope Watmough stays. Why ? We don't need him derailing another season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,657 / 14
    Lol

15. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    He was awesome tonight a real game changer. He adds some spark.

16. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Manly signed him to a 3 year deal and he knocked back a vacant first grade spot at the Cowboys knowing it could have been his and he came down to play behind Ballin. The club most definitely has a long term plan for him.

17. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,524 / 134
    I thought he was outstanding at times, but noticed some poor options. In saying that, what a huge ask of the young guy to come in and take the right option in the pressure cooker of semi-final football. He scored the try that got the ball rolling for us, so well done.

I do think we win with Ballin tonight though, because the Dogs marker defence in the second half was terrible. In saying that, with experience, Hodges will do just as a good a job as Ballin I am sure.

18. HK_Eagle

HK_Eagle Well-Known Member

Hong Kong
    Ratings:
    +898 / 20
    I disagree. While Hodges MAY not have taken full advantage of poor Dog marker defense (which I'm not convinced of anyway... Did you not notice the nature of our first try?) I don't think Balin would have taken any better advantage of it. Though we do lose something in having Balin to shore up the middle in defense.

19. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Comparing ballin to hodges is am unjust travesty.

Ballin is 5 times the hooker hodges is but hodges had a decent game and more time will serve him well

20. rifraff

rifraff Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +682 / 19
    Not that they seem to mean anything anymore but the contracts run out at the same time... It's a good problem to have