Hicks, Stewart should play...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
According to the Manly Daily:

Hicks hopes for Manly swan song
Jason Avedissian

MANLY winger Chris Hicks is set to make a remarkable recovery from injury and play in tomorrow night's preliminary final against the Cowboys, just two weeks after fearing his career at the club was over.

In a massive boost for Manly on the eve of the club's biggest match in a decade, Hicks is considered a near certainty to play North Queensland.

The Warrington-bound winger had a light run at Narrabeen yesterday morning ahead of tomorrow night's grand final qualifier at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Manly coach Des Hasler will give the 30-year-old until the final hours leading up to the game to prove his fitness.

If he returns, it will be a miraculous comeback after initial fears Hicks had broken his ankle when he was tackled awkwardly against South Sydney at Brookvale Oval a fortnight ago.

``It looks like I'm playing at this stage,'' Hicks declared last night.

``Des is giving me right up until Saturday to play.

``I have still got a bit of time but it all looks pretty positive.

``Just having that opportunity to play when I feared the worst is very exciting.

``Hopefully it will all work out and I'll get out there and play well.''

Fellow injured teammate Glenn Stewart is also on the improve after badly spraining his ankle in the victory over the Rabbitohs and should play.

Both will have another run at Brookvale Oval tonight before a final fitness check tomorrow.

The Sea Eagles have been installed as strong favourites despite Johnathan Thurston being cleared on Wednesday night to play.

Manly second-rower Anthony Watmough said the team always expected the inspirational Cowboys half to play tomorrow night.

``There wasn't much in it and we knew he was going to be there,'' Watmough said.

``It's going to be a good challenge and I think we're ready for it.

``If you worry about Thurston too much then other guys will cut you up.

``We're going to have to really concentrate on their team as a whole to stop their go forward.''

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8