1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Joe - pick up the phone!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Sep 12, 2011.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    "Its Des Hasler"
    "I hear Russell Crowe thinks you should be a priest & in the past few years at Parra & Souths you faded away to only a shadow of the player you were at Penrith"
    "Heres the thing, at Manly we can bring out your career best form with your direct robust running with the football, fearless defence & rejuvinate your attitude like a rookie - we believe in you"

In recent times Manly has transformed many unwanted NRL players like Bryant, Robbo, Le Strange & many more but imo - this turnaround considering Joes age, form, injury clouds & self doubt is absolutely massive.
    Congrats again to the coach who flies under the Radar!!

2. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    And congratulations to Joe for his great attitude!!

Not good to see him go off (again) concussed on saturday night - was it an elbow to the chin that he copped in a tackle?

The week off to freshen up will undoubtedly benefit everyone. Go Joe!!!

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Probably my favourite player, although that's a difficult thing to say in a team of marvellous players. Apparently he's a very good role model off the field with the younger guys. All good.

4. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    How many times this year has he been concussed?

5. Cliffy4PM

Cliffy4PM Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 4
    Career best form? I don't think so. Our best forward? Yes. Well at least until Kite wins us another Premiership.

6. MK Eagle

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    He is playing like the new kid with something to prove at 100 mile an hour, every game - maybe a bit to do with it.
    I recall a concussion 2-3 weeks ago where he picked himself of the canvass & put a shot on the next play causing a turnover - inspirational in a team full of leaders, he has definately earned the right as 1 of them!!

[hr]
    He may not have the dynamics from the hair bear days in the premiership winning Penrith side but he now plays for longer periods & in tighter. I guarantee the job he is doing with that direct running much closer to the rucks though maybe not as spectacular without as many linebreaks or tries is every bit as effective for the Seaeagles as it was for his role at Penrith, plus his tackling is definately better.
    Career best for mine.

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    His leg drive is great. He always carries two players ten metres. I think he's never played better.

8. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    To be fair, he was pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good for Parra in 09.

9. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    Not a pretty sight.
    I've been there... wearing a wobbly boot.

Perhaps I didn't get mine with breathtaking defence that Joe gives.

10. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Was about to say this. They did make the GF that year and may have won it if not for cheats.

11. MK Eagle

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    True Volley - was pretty ,pretty good in 09 but has been very ,very good 2011. :p

12. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Perry, Kennedy massive changes in performance and attitude.

13. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Curb it buddy ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. MK Eagle

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Have to agree Joe went well as an impact at the end of 09 when they won 12 odd games straight Bones, but the leaders of that pack were Fui & Hindmarsh. One of the main things imo with Joe is he is not JUST impact, he now leads from up front & has been on many occasions the 1 laying the platform with an infectious positive attitude that seems to rub off on the Seaeagles pack. Since the loss of Kingy i think he has lifted another level.

15. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,855 / 192
    Des IS the coach of the year as only he can turn kids ( DCE ) into men and priests (JOE) into gladiators.

16. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Also he did play in a premiership winning team with the Panfers

17. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
  18. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    this week off will do Joe a world of Good.

If Joe can put a perfomance like his days @ the panthers, theres no stopping us!!.

I remember the semi final game against the Bulldogs, Joe was a machine.

19. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    With all the travel he has to do it shows just how close all the boys are for him to re-sign with us. Even Trex commented on how the team play like Brothers and it is showing on the field.