He's our next BK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
He's our next BK
John Greco

7 August 2008

EX-TEST forward Mark Geyer has paid Manly's Glenn Stewart the ultimate compliment, declaring he's capable of matching the feats of former Australian lock Ben Kennedy.

As Stewart and the Sea Eagles squad prepare for a major test of their title credentials against premiers Melbourne tomorrow night, Geyer labelled Stewart the ``complete package''.

It's enormous praise for the 24-year-old who has played just 63 first grade games and made his representative debut for Country Origin in May.

Asked if he believes Stewart can surpass Kennedy's exploits in the game, Geyer told the Daily: ``There's no reason he can't.

``I've got a lot of respect for BK and I think him coming to Manly is the reason why they are doing so well now.
``But I just love the way Glenn Stewart plays ... he's got everything.

Not only can he run hard and tackle but he's great with his hands.

``He's the complete package. I'd love to see him in a rep jersey at the end of the year.''

Former Sea Eagles premiership-winning backrower Owen Cunningham is another huge admirer of the Wests Wollongong junior.

Cunningham believes the in-form backrower can still take his game to another level and be held alongside Kennedy and Steve Menzies by the end of his career.

``(Stewart's) probably not as spectacular as those two but he's the bloke every team needs,'' OJ said from his Queensland base last night.

``When he plays Manly have a much better chance of winning. You only have to look at the Roosters game a few weeks ago.

``He's only young and if he gets a chance at rep footy he will reach those heights. I think he's the unsung hero of the team.''

Geyer believes victory against the Storm is vital if Manly want to win the premiership.

``They need to get rid of any self doubt,'' he said.

``They need to send a message to Melbourne they're the real deal. If Manly lose they can't win the comp.''

The Storm arrive in Sydney this afternoon ahead of tomorrow night's match. Kick off is 7.45pm.

On Front page -> I use to go to school with John Greco :) I keep forgetting to put that in. And play soccer with Simon Dean the photographer for the Daily

Geyer seems to be a bit of a Manly fan, he's made a few comments this year praising the team in someway (he also tried to fire up the forwards after our disappointing start, and it seems his words might have had some effect ;)). Maybe he likes the way we play?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
MG was a huge Manly fan when he was young

Yeah, I remember him saying that a while back.

I just noticed that stupid fat loaf Roach in the Penriff coach's box at Brookvale last Friday.  With him in there it's no wonder their forwards are so crap. 

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8