Heart Surgery for Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
Sorry guys - had WAAAAY too many beers last night. That post was out of control...really, really sorry..
  Ryan's drunken postings are one of my favourite parts of this site.

That drunk Ryan post was mad.

Lowe was a terrible appointment, health issues aside.

The Mayer axing was disgusting. We reached the pinnacle with Mayer, but because Delmege is a douchebag we lose a great administrator and end up with some poor old retiree who should be sipping cocktails on a beach but is instead needing bypass surgery 1 week into the job.

Was copping a bit about this yesterday, but as I said to the lads, would the CEO of any other club die for the cause, at least we have a passionate bloke haha

Volley link said:

The Mayer axing was disgusting. We reached the pinnacle with Mayer, but because Delmege is a douchebag we lose a great administrator and end up with some poor old retiree who should be sipping cocktails on a beach but is instead needing bypass surgery 1 week into the job.
  It wasn't just Delmege.  It was 5-2, lest we forget.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=182147.msg247340#msg247340 date=1260639103]

It wasn't just Delmege.  It was 5-2, lest we forget.
[/quote]
Apparently so. But would his position have been any more tenable if it was 2-2?

All water under the bridge now and no going back, though the unfortunate situation of GL's health was unforseen. I just hope that we can perform on the paddock in order to relegate these things to the background.

Ryan link said:
Sorry guys - had WAAAAY too many beers last night. That post was out of control...really, really sorry..

Hi Ryan,
I only logged on late yesterday over the weekend and saw the quote of your post on a 3rd party's post

I had no direct input on the recruitment of the CEO as it was a decision made by the board of the Sea Eagles.

That said, as you know the FC has 2 representatives on the Sea Eagles board and I'm comfortable that they would have made the right decision from the pool of people available to do the job that needs to be done.

If this proves to have been a wrong decision then that is something that will need to be dealt with at some time in the future.

In the meantime, Wayne Honeywood is acting CEO and is more than capable of covering that role until Graham is on deck.

From the research I've done and the people that I've spoken to in the UK and NZ I'm hearing only good things about Lowey so wish Graham good luck and a speedy recovery and all the very best in his new role (I'm lead to  believe he's expected on deck in early February)

Vid
ps Are you going to be able to get to the FC AGM on Thurday?

Vid - yeah - sorry mate...I dreaded that somebody cut n paste it. Like I said - stupid post by me.

eggson link said:
He'll be as sweet as a nut...
Dear me
How many times will he say that,or his other favourite"good as gold." 5 times already,by my count. And if Mr.Honeywood is more than capable,then why not give him the job full time?

New Manly CEO Graham Lowe will not have double bypass heart surgery

* By Dean Ritchie
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/new-manly-ceo-graham-lowe-will-not-have-double-bypass-heart-surgery/story-e6frexnr-1225810365623

GRAHAM Lowe has avoided double bypass heart surgery and will start work as Manly chief executive on January 11.

Lowe collapsed at Auckland Airport last week awaiting a flight to Sydney and was taken to hospital to visit a cardiologist.

But Lowe will have stents inserted to prevent further problems rather than complicated heart surgery.

"The news isn't as bad as first thought," Manly Leagues Club and football club chairman Bob Reilly said.

GRAHAM Lowe will move to the northern beaches in two weeks and continue in his role as Manly’s CEO.

The 63-year-old has averted heart surgery and will instead have a stent inserted.

The former Sea Eagles coach will continue in his role as Manly CEO full-time on January 11.

His young family will also move across to the area in the new year.

Lowe was initially told he would have to have bypass surgery after collapsing at Auckland International Airport last week while waiting to board a flight to Sydney.

Extensive tests revealed several blocks in his arteries, with double bypass surgery scheduled for this week.

However, heart surgery has now been avoided with Lowe free to continue in his newly-appointed job at the Sea Eagles.

Manly Daily

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8