1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head of footy, todd greenbers likes the standard of the refs

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by jbb/james, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    So the head of football operations has give the refs a big tick. Thats sad. Until you admit you have a problem its very difficult to address

If they honestly believe they have this covered they are idiots. regardless of the high shot on cherry I thought the way maxwell handled the situation was poor. He was ruffled and acted accordingly.As a Manly fan i even feel some sorrow for parra in the way it was handled.Nah.....only kidding.

In saying that there were 2 play the ball infringements in the game that I am still at a loss to understand. After 12 years playing the game and 42 supporting it i still have no idea what the infringement was, even though the ref explained it

On the footy show the clear message was that round 4 there would be a clamp down on the play the ball. using the hyphenator JWH as an example it was about the players not using the feet.Remember this chestnut. Every few years the same old same old. This is not a new rule. It was never scrapped BUT the refs let it slide. In all of the video sessions, refs bosses on salaries,team meetings, whistle polishing sessions no one saw it or cared to rectify in the course. But greenberger is happy and has got it sorted

Now its week 4 we have a grand final rematch as the first game of the round BUT, it is set to be destroyed by an over enforcement of a rule that they forgot about, but Fishberger is happy they have it covered

I challenge the almighty Tacoberger and his team to visit every League forum and compile a report on whether the Fans think he has it sorted. 8 of those teams were winners last week so its not all sour grapes.

The Baconberger was a myth at Canterbury. They had very little success under his tenure. The Leagues club is a goldmine and the No 1 sponsor would support them financially even if Charles Manson was the CEO. His dealings in poaching a successful coaching team were clumsy , unethical and sloppy. Sure he loves his head on the box, he is a decent mouth piece and was very happy to admit errors of the former management over the rorting of the cap. The trick here will be if he can accept his own errors. ben barber and the refs is a good start

But cheeseberger is the least of my worries. Im falling out of love with my sport. I know longer think about my sport when im alone.
    The spark has disappeared, we are just going through the motions for the kids sake.We had a break up through the super League, got back together but its never the same .Now I have all these new rules I have to adhere to, i feel like a prisoner in this relationship. We both need out of this relationship and to move on and start seeing other sports. Ill try to remember the good times but its hard to do that when i know you dont respect me anymore

xoxoxoxox

PS. At least i appear to have my appetite back

• Like Like x 5
  2. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 10
    After the Storm v Knights game on Triple M, Sterlo, Johns & Constable Bill thought the penalty count was over the top.
    Though they didn't say it outright,
    Point being, poor refereeing.

3. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Our collective views of Greenturd are thus validated :cool:

Yesterday's charging of Kingy, has me wondering why I pay to be aggravated by nincompoops, albeit 'happy' ones :dodgy:

Someone artistic could do a 'Bill and Todd's most Excellent Adventure' Poster to celebrate the standard of Refereeing :idea:

4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Has the NRL actually considered that the introduction of two refs has been a failure?
    Has the NRL considered that trial-by-video has been a failure?
    They are now talking about reverting to basics when it comes to rules, yet they are the ones who are changing rules and interpretations all the time.
    Currently we have a confusing system where two on-field refs interpret the match differently. That's human nature. You should only have one boss.
    Then we have a video ref (how many people do we now have in the video box making "decisions by committee"?) chiming in whenever a player stays on the ground. They don;t jump in and tell a ref when he's made an obvious mistake.
    By trying to make decisions 'perfect' - which is impossible - the NRL has worsened what used to be an uncomplicated game. They have eroded the power, and confidence, of the whistle-blower. It has led to more penalties, and the outcome of more matches being decided by referees than the players.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I've made the point on other threads about my utter disillusionment with NRL. To be honest the only thing that keeps me going is this Forum. I will continue to financially support the club I have passionately followed for over 50 years but the administrators of our great game have ruined it.

I'm ashamed to admit, but I plan to watch the AFL this weekend, but I won't watch any NRL. I will continue to financially support the club I have passionately followed for over 50 years, but that's where it ends until there are some changes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,782 / 58
    You're welcome Ralphie, I know it's me that keeps you going.

Plus...I watch other sports...no biggie. Go the swans! And aussie cricketers...and the canucks (you guys suck) and the list goes on!

7. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    No Manly fans will be complaining after the last 2 weeks surely.

Refs gifted us both games, and of course there will be no complaints if we get a rough deal this week.

Keep it real people.

8. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,743 / 57
    Why do the refs need to be told to police one of the fundamental rules of rugby league , the play the ball. Because instead of reading & learning the rule book, like refs of old, they have their heads full of Greens**t's corporate marketing spiel about speeding up the game.The refs have to play to the Ch9 tune & the NRLS fashionable rule of the week instead of policing the rule book. That bald headed twat is happy with it is he. I'd be happy if he fu**ed off into the Bermuda triangle never to be seen again.

9. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    MH 370 ?

10. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Greenberg as head of footy in the NRL, and him overseeing the referees and refs boss = the blind leading the blind.

The NRL has a bright future under this knob lol

11. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Does anyone expect him to come out and bag the ref's?

Consider the commercial nature of the NRL - do you really think the head of operations is going to come out and say we have a problem with the refs?

I am not saying this is the right approach but I am not sure what else you would expect regardless of who is in the role

12. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,743 / 57
    They keep getting his name wrong. It's Todd Aspergers.

13. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    I thought that it was dickhead of footy

• Like Like x 1
  14. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,805 / 53
    It's a simple game. The officials insist on making it as complicated as possible so nobody understands the rules and referees have more discretion and scope to help their chosen teams win games. It happens in every match every week. Welcome to NRL 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Greenturd is not a good leader, not transparent either.

The example he set over the Barba affair last year pointed to that.

He has overseen major inconsistency in the refereeing and match review committee. Some of the charges are a joke. Especially the should charge where Kingy gets done for a bump when Teo hits a guy late and escapes charge.

The fans are voting with their feet. Only 14K at Brooky on a warm Sunday against an old foe is worrying. The fans are being ripped off by unprofessional leaders in the game and Greenturd is the head of that snake.

• Like Like x 1
  16. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    I can't go past F*Head for my choice adjective but you creativity is commendable.:)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    Never forget the Dogs thought it was proper conduct to cause a rift at Manly and in the media in the days after a grand final to agitate to get the coach released, ruining Manly's celebrations and probably costing the Manly club the usual post grand final financial windfall from extra merchandise, corporates, sponsors and membership. Every sporting club knows you lose money most years and only make serious financial gains after a championship win. For a club to do that to another in the days after a grand final win was in my view despicable and selfish.

• Like Like x 1
  18. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,342 / 111
    When Manly arnt playing I actually cheer for the refs. It's the only way to watch the footy and not get frustrated.

• Like Like x 3