Hayne to be a Niner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
I just heard he was going to the San Francisco 49ers.

Damn, they are (where) my NFL team. I've followed them for years. Even way back during Joe Montana and Steve Young as QB's and Ronny Lott as Free Safety back in the 90's.

Man I even followed them when Jeff Garcia was QB - I even have the T shirt with his name on it.

I just can't see Colin Kaepernick, who is on a guaranteed $60 million over five years with up to $80 million with bonuses throwing a TD pass to Hayne. Although CK is on the outer with the niners.

If I don't follow the niners anymore I'll just have the Chiefs (Alex Smith as QB) as my favourite team.

Great effort to take a chance and have a crack in my opinion.Could have copped a million here and instead tested his ability o/s.Needs to be applauded for taking the first step.
And if he fails and wants to return to Doesn'tmatta will Dave Smith guarantee his salary?

But it can't be.... the Daily Tele had assured us that it was a done deal with the Detroit Lions - Hayne must be mistaken...can someone tell him he's got it wrong?!

Yeah I wish him all the best. He walked away from solid money, and top of his field to give another sport a go, good on him.

I think he will give it a good go. If not for anything the NFL is probably liking the exposure from Australia as we track his progress.

I watch the occasional game here and there, mostly when my lil bro is watching cause he is a big patriots fan. Of the games I have watched I like the packers.

I follow the Packers so it's a shame he didn't go to Detroit as they are Divisional Rivals. Even though he was an Eels player i hope he makes it because he hasn't been guaranteed a contract so it's a case of all or nothing. Not like other league defectors. He is following a dream and hope he does well. The other (lesser) reason is i will be fuming if Parra sign a certain player (not mentioning his name) and get dispensation to sign Hayne lol

Congrats to Hayne for getting a start was hoping he went to the Sea Hawks as there my NFL team 1 cause there a sea bird and 2 there like Manly you either love em or hate em

I really hope he does well. I have zero interest in the NFL, but if he did end up getting a start (still a long shot I know), I'd be keen to watch.

As others have said, good on him. This is a real punt (pardon the pun), and okay if he fails and comes back there will be no shortage of clubs to take him, but he would be just hounded by the media for taking such a huge gamble. So he is really putting himself out there.

I hope that he does well just so that Smith cannot use his bucket of money to allow him to re sign with Parramatta

I hope he makes the big stage...then gets pole-axed and gets sent home strapped to a wooden pallet.
(not really, just had to break up this little Hayne love-fest).:mm:

But it can't be.... the Daily Tele had assured us that it was a done deal with the Detroit Lions - Hayne must be mistaken...can someone tell him he's got it wrong?!

well...he was going there (apparently) until SF guaranteed him 100k contract payments whereas the others didn't.

But then errr...it was according to hayne "the coach has had other aussies cross over and I bonded with him (lol@ SF bond) so I chose SF. Which I probably would too if someone offered me 100k and others nil.

But to keep in with the theme of your post.....DT suxxorz!

well...he was going there (apparently) until SF guaranteed him 100k contract payments whereas the others didn't.

But then errr...it was according to hayne "the coach has had other aussies cross over and I bonded with him (lol@ SF bond) so I chose SF. Which I probably would too if someone offered me 100k and others nil.

But to keep in with the theme of your post.....DT suxxorz!
I think what it will be @globaleagle is that over there they don't usually cut blokes with guaranteed money in the 90 man training camp. Therefore he'll get longer to train in a pro system and try to prove himself. He has a lot of information to absorb. I don't think he'll end up on a 53 man roster (player limit at season start) but he may get a practice squad spot. They are less money but you train with the team and get to prove yourself. When people end up on injured reserve (great system btw) they usually promote practice squad players. The longer he has in a 90 man squad the more likely another team is to pick him up and kick the tyres to see if he is worth some time. Practice squad players get cut and picked up all the time. You can have players that might be in multiple cities in the one year.

Also I don't think 100k is really going to that big of a deal to him considering he walked away from about a mil a year.

^ All true. That's my learn something new each day moment. :)

Now...off to the pub.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6