Hayne tests water to find true value

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
SMH.com.au

Jarryd Hayne‘s manager, Wayne Beavis, has been whispering to rival clubs that Hayne will test his worth on the open market as the Parramatta Eels stock up on big-name backs. Squeezing Hayne in under the cap in years to come will be a challenge if Israel Folau‘s management team get its way.

Take it as fact – the asking price from Folau’s agent is $1 million a season. Good judges in the game say that is about $400,000 more than his market value. Folau is not being greedy. He has had talks with the Eels without his agent and knows what he is worth.

Hayne will be a prime target for teams across league, rugby and perhaps even AFL when he comes off contract at the end of next season. The issue for the Eels is that they will have about $2 million invested in Will Hopoate, Chris Sandow and Folau.

Haynes value should be calculated before sticky moves him to 5/8 because his value will drop pretty quick when he does.

Under a good coach he would be the best player in the game by far. His natural talent is phenomenal.

If he doesn't get on the field and start playing some football he won't be worth **** all. Too many injuries to justify a huge chunk of salary cap.

As Parra generally pay roughly 3 times market value for players, if I was Hayne I would probably be expecting $1.4m to $1.8m a season to stay.

Hayne would still expect to be their highest paid player, and probably rightly so when his current contract finishes, however with Hopoate and Filau there, things could be different and that may upset the apple cart.

I can help you Jarryd.

The true price of water is free from the tap and approximately $0.33 for the 600ml bottled variety.

Ben Horne AAP

Parramatta star Jarryd Hayne is more concerned with getting his body right for the opening round of the NRL season than the threat Israel Folau could pose to his Eels No.1 jumper.

Hayne confirmed fullback remained his preferred position, but said he was aiming to get himself into the physical and mental shape necessary to handle whatever new coach Ricky Stuart asked of him next season.

While he has yet to sign with the Eels, Folau has been heavily linked with a move to Parramatta, with speculation he could make a play for fullback duties in 2013 and push Hayne to five-eighth.

Hayne battled knee problems last year and is working on building up muscle bulk in his legs over the summer.

The NSW Origin star is expecting to have his first full pre-season since he was a teenager, but will leave it up to Stuart to make the hard calls on positions and team captaincy - both matters which affect Hayne.

"If I get my body right, I can play anywhere and that's my biggest concern," Hayne told AAP.

"I haven't had (a pre-season) where I've been able to partake from day one since I was 17.

"If I can get through it, it will do wonders for me. So really hoping to prepare my body as best I can."

Hayne has run into Folau at church recently and knows the recently ex-GWS Giant is desperate to get back into the league environment.

The 24-year-old said fullback would be a major challenge for a man returning to the code after two seasons out and said speculation surrounding Folau has brought a mixture of excitement and anxiety to Parramatta.

"There's boys here who, if he comes, are going to be out of the team, so yes and no," said Hayne.

"I don't think I've ever seen him play fullback so it would be a test.

"But with the hunger he's got and the desire to get back into the game, he'll be good wherever he plays."

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2