Haumole Olakau'atu re-signed (to 2024)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Great news on Olakautau, interesting timing, perhaps waiting till Des was confirmed?

What’s the point in re-signing a player if the coach doesn’t play him?

In 2019 Des played Olakautau off the bench in finals against the Sharks over Tony Williams because Olakautau had been able to play reserve grade and Des voted youth.

In 2020, there was no reserve grade, and we had plenty of experienced, 'safe' backrow backup options (Waddell, Jetski). As we saw eventually w/ Hoppa (unfit + confidence died) and Schu (cramped up + injured), bringing in underdone players was a risk.

In 2020, if reserve grade was a thing, I'm sure we would have seen some Olakautau and more of Schu.

In 2021 I think Des will use players like Olakautau, B. Trbojevic (maybe), Harper and Schuster because they're at least playing some football in reserves. While rd 1 selections were too conservative I agree, rd 2 has seen Des make 4 or so slight changes. And I expect that he will gradually make more this season, when they are ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic!! Great to see the signing officially confirmed..

Just need him fit and picked in the 13 when his elbow is good.

Awesome that he wants to stay and great signing for us longer-term.

Hope he recovers well from his current injury and plays a part later in the year.

And as many have pointed out - there are good things happening amongst all the apparent doom and gloom. People need to get some perspective sometimes.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic. Now we need him to become our version of Kikau (I believe he can).
I think his style is very similar to kikau and David fifitas.. isnt a hole running backrower but likes early ball and causes defenders havoc with line bending, tackle breaking qualities

icegif-67.gif

Cust in. Funa out.
That’s the only real change and that was a ridiculous decision anyway - having Funa as a utility.

Keppie in for an injured Boyle isn’t a deliberate change.

Gosie to bench and Davey starting isn’t really a change.

And it sounds like Siro is out so that’s another forced change.

I hope Des starts using his squad because at the moment he is only making scary decisions and forced ones.
Cust in = new spine rotation, he and Croker probably aren’t 80 min nrl hookers. Important in vs Funa.

Davey starting is big. Davey played only a short stint in both trial and rd 1 yet ran with energy and sured up the defence of his edge, whereas Jetski struggled.

Keppie was originally dropped and probably for the right reasons with his form over the last year or so. So even though he was forced to come into the bench, he will have plenty to prove.

That’s really it, and yeah it is minimal but a good few steps. The most important change hasn’t happened (Garrick dropped), although I think these changes will be effective. Hopefully Harper in, Garrick out before tomorrow

Lol. What do all the doomsayers think of this signing I wonder? All I've read on here lately is how our best players are going to leave.

So soon after the Des re-signing.
Bang on.

Let's do away with the 'my mate knows some guy who i can't name who knows that xxxxxx is leaving for another club honest he is really.

He will get his chance when he's ready. Simple.

Last edited:
I am so glad there is finally some good news hahaha
Apart from turbo and the ****house performance on the weekend the only bad news has been unfounded rumours and complete BS on here as usual.

Normal service will continue tomorrow I'm sure with Schuster once again looking to leave.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10