Hate for Nate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Phil Blake

Reserve Grader
I seriously don't see how he can let his team mates down week in week out, especially the younger guys who he should be mentoring and look them in the eye.
How he collects his pay cheque is beyond me!
Any other coach would drop him to Blacktown and embarrass him which might give him the kick he needs.... Zoolander will persist and play him every week.. I've seen corpses with more energy than Miles

Ned

Bencher
I agree he's crap, but wishing someone would die is a new low for Silvertails!!

Look at what I wrote, I never wished his death or any other harm on the guy.

wishing harm on any player, is terrible

Poor Ned you need a hobby obviously nothing in your life but footy.

Wrong

Wishing death on someone? Really?

Looks like a contestant in the Lurker Lookalike Contest,

Criticising someone's physical appearance, big call from a guy with a movie scene as his avatar.

Wow. Wishing death on someone ?

None of us disagree with the sentiment on how Myles is playing ( although for 20 minutes yesterday he wasn't too bad), but I don't wish death on anyone.

Okay, I wrote that after getting back from the game, I'd had a few and people seem to be inserting more into what I said than what I said. I never wished death on anybody, nor a season ending injury, which someone else in the post ACTUALLY DID want.

I don't know how many of you were at the game but I was. The whole thing was a disaster after the first 15 minutes. From where I wrote that post I had just seen us throw away a game and to me Myles was the greatest culprit. I don't hate the guy, the 'Hate for Nate' was just a funny rhyming tag line (from my perspective) and the emotion got the better of me. I hope Myles plays for 5 more years...just for another team starting immediately and then lives happily for decades after.

But let's get real. Here's the reason I was overly emotional in writing that post (aside from the beer) I have a real concern we will be fighting against the titans for the spoon this year!! That was an embarrassing capitulation and it embodies what all of the perceived 'Negative' have been concerned about. I will admit I was extremely negative about Uate coming to the club but he has been excellent thus far so I'll eat my words on that one but for all Myles 'Talk' of picking up his game after being sh1t last year the results have shown he just isn't up to it. Maybe he's busted, maybe he's too old (he's only 31 from memory) but the guy can't play at the first grade level, it's interesting he did ok when playing for QLD though, BJ's stats put Myles to shame but can you see him being picked for NSW? Compare him to BJ, a guy that had a disc replacement, a horrific procedure and recovery and he comes on and shows up a guy getting paid probably twice as much as him.

I know he'll be there until Tapau and AFB get back but after that Trent HAS to try other options, give everybody in reserve grade a chance because I'd be amazed if there's no body out there that can perform better than this guy.

And I'll stand by what I said in that this guy has no heart, has no brains and has no balls because all I see is a passenger out there, making up the numbers on the field, but definitely not in the stats afterward. Just a paid mercenary making a pay check.

End of rant #2

Wrong

Criticising someone's physical appearance, big call from a guy with a movie scene as his avatar.

Okay, I wrote that after getting back from the game, I'd had a few and people seem to be inserting more into what I said than what I said. I never wished death on anybody, nor a season ending injury, which someone else in the post ACTUALLY DID want.

I don't know how many of you were at the game but I was. The whole thing was a disaster after the first 15 minutes. From where I wrote that post I had just seen us throw away a game and to me Myles was the greatest culprit. I don't hate the guy, the 'Hate for Nate' was just a funny rhyming tag line (from my perspective) and the emotion got the better of me. I hope Myles plays for 5 more years...just for another team starting immediately and then lives happily for decades after.

But let's get real. Here's the reason I was overly emotional in writing that post (aside from the beer) I have a real concern we will be fighting against the titans for the spoon this year!! That was an embarrassing capitulation and it embodies what all of the perceived 'Negative' have been concerned about. I will admit I was extremely negative about Uate coming to the club but he has been excellent thus far so I'll eat my words on that one but for all Myles 'Talk' of picking up his game after being sh1t last year the results have shown he just isn't up to it. Maybe he's busted, maybe he's too old (he's only 31 from memory) but the guy can't play at the first grade level, it's interesting he did ok when playing for QLD though, BJ's stats put Myles to shame but can you see him being picked for NSW? Compare him to BJ, a guy that had a disc replacement, a horrific procedure and recovery and he comes on and shows up a guy getting paid probably twice as much as him.

I know he'll be there until Tapau and AFB get back but after that Trent HAS to try other options, give everybody in reserve grade a chance because I'd be amazed if there's no body out there that can perform better than this guy.

And I'll stand by what I said in that this guy has no heart, has no brains and has no balls because all I see is a passenger out there, making up the numbers on the field, but definitely not in the stats afterward. Just a paid mercenary making a pay check.

End of rant #2

Sorry Ned. I have a few classless Silvertails members on my ignore list, and after reading your diatribe (pissed or not) you are now part of it.

Welcome to that list, glad I won't read anything you post ever again.

Ned

Bencher
Sorry Ned. I have a few classless Silvertails members on my ignore list, and after reading your diatribe (pissed or not) your now part of it.

Welcome to that list, glad I won't read anything you post ever again.

Stop it, you're making me cry.

Ned

Bencher
Wrong

Wishing death on someone and not caring if they died are not the same thing.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    538.3 KB · Views: 3

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Wrong

End of rant #2

I quote from your first rant " the sooner he leaves the club or dies the happier I'll be".

My case rests your honour!

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wrong

Wishing death on someone and not caring if they died are not the same thing.
Well not exactly but pretty close! Anyhow, you didn't say you wouldn't care if he died, you said the sooner he died the happier you would be!

By the way, there is an edit function. As most of us (including myself!) who have been here for any length of time can attest, there are times (eg after 'a few') when discretion seems the better part of valour and you just go back and edit or delete your post. There are some disadvantages to this tactic but its probably better than denying it happened while the post is still there!

Last edited:

Ned

Bencher
Yeah ok, well I've already clarified that I don't want him dead and I was a bit pissed and emotional

I hope Myles plays for 5 more years...just for another team starting immediately and then lives happily for decades after.

What about anything else I said to do with football that didn't inflame peoples sense of moral outrage?

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Yeah ok, well I've already clarified that I don't want him dead and I was a bit pissed and emotional

What about anything else I said to do with football that didn't inflame peoples sense of moral outrage?
No one cares about the rest of the rant - most on here are frustrated with him and the decision to recruit him....it was the whole death thing that was off

Ned

Bencher
No one cares about the rest of the rant - most on here are frustrated with him and the decision to recruit him....it was the whole death thing that was off

Fair enough, just stew in the moral outrage, I have clarified my statements were over the top and have moderated them but that's not good enough for a perfect human like yourself and SER8. But regardless whether you care about my rant this team is in all sorts.

Who would you rate us a chance in this comp to beat?? No other team is afraid to play us at home or away, and with good reason.

When we get Marty and AFB back we'll look a bit better, the longer Nate is in the team we'll be worse. This is going to be a very very long season.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We all share your feelings Ned, and I understand you were emotional ( and pissed).

As stated, a post to follow with an apology, and editing the post would have been better.

Im not sure you are as yet contrite but it's probably time to move on.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Nate Myles put up better numbers in 46 minutes yesterday than Curtis Sironen did in 80 minutes.

I'm not a fan of the Big Giant Head. I think he's overpaid, overrated and I 100% agree that his form has generally sucked at Manly. But to want him dead?

Since when did we descend into wanting players dead for crying out loud?

This employee has hit rock bottom and continues to dig.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
@Ned I'm not going to bitch at you for disliking my post. That's you're choice and you're entitled to do that.

I do get your frustrations with Myles. The guy hasn't played a good NRL club game since about 2010 or 2011 and he is living on his reputation for Qld. I also think that the only reason we went after him was to sweeten the carrot we were dangling in front of DCE to get him to backflip because there were definitely better player options we could have spent the cap money on.

I, like most others here it would seem, just think you went over the top in your original post. I get that you don't actually want him dead and that what you wrote was just caught up in the anger and emotion of yesterday's loss. But next time, take a moment or two to actually think before you post. Saying in a public forum that you want him dead was never going to go down very well.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader

End of rant #2

Don't concern yourself. I am still a handsome man. Modest too. Much better looking than wild-eyed Lee Ermey.

And boy, did the world's longest online quasi-mea culpa take some editing, just to get to the relevant paragraph.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Fair enough, just stew in the moral outrage, I have clarified my statements were over the top and have moderated them but that's not good enough for a perfect human like yourself and SER8. But regardless whether you care about my rant this team is in all sorts.

Who would you rate us a chance in this comp to beat?? No other team is afraid to play us at home or away, and with good reason.

When we get Marty and AFB back we'll look a bit better, the longer Nate is in the team we'll be worse. This is going to be a very very long season.
Mate as others have said just chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on - everyone else has

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I usually decide not to post in some threads.

This is one that I will leave untouched except for this comment about not posting.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13