1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hasler enemies lose Manly Sea Eagles board boilover

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    GEOFF Toovey's coaching appointment is the first piece of positive news to emerge from Brookvale in more than a week. But don't be fooled into thinking the dysfunctional board is suddenly united.

Read the full article

[​IMG]

Divided: Manly directors John Walstab, Peter Spray, Melinda Gainsford-Taylor, Bob Reilly and Scott Penn finalise Geoff Toovey's appointment last night. Picture: Braden Fastier Source: The Daily Telegraph

2. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Thanks BE on the ball as usual.

Hmmm i wonder who the Hasler haters could be. Thankfully they came around as it sounds like the players would of been pissed.

Who are these idiots having ago for the board appointing Tooves so quick?

Lol at the haters. Don't like us but so want to be us.

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Greenburg ?
    Osbourne ?

Ricky Stuart must be pissed lol

4. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Hahahahaha poor old Ricky.

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Many fans would have been pissed if Stuart got the gig. He's a divisive crock of ****, and more of that, we don't need.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Newcastle_Scotty

Newcastle_Scotty Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Don't know peoples fascination with Ricky Stuart. Yet to be convinced he is anything as a coach. His stint at Cronulla just had me thinking his ego couldn't let anyone settle into a halves role, and when he went to Roosters, it was widely known that Gould coached that side to the Premiership; and when Stuart got sick of the innuendo that he wasn't coaching, got rid of Gould and the Roosters side slid into oblivion. He then took an Australian side of superstars and eld them to defeat by the kiwi's, and then the NSW side filled them with purpose and commitment to win at least ONE SOO.
    Just because some of the board members didn't like Des personally, and wanted him to fit their mould of what they thought a coach should be, I think is the reason the board stumbled with this whole fiasco.
    I look forward to Des, Toovs, and Crusher rubbing their noses in it next year with B2B. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll realise it was THEIR mistake until they have no place on the baord.

7. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    load of crap about haters!! stop getting sucked in!!

8. Maroon&White

Maroon&White New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hasler enemies lose Sea Eagles board boilover

*Thanks M&W for putting this through as a news article. Cheers, MB*

9. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,462 / 80
    Finally we got a pen that writes. Funny we can sign tooves up in 72 hours but have had years for hasler and come up short.

Great news about tooves but u suspect this was the real agenda with some of the board members from the start.

It will be very interesting to see who will keep their seats come election time.

10. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/toovey-appointed-manly-coach/video-e6frf3ou-1226163405835?subcat=1225914677120

11. Dan79

Dan79 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    72 hours was long enough to come up with a new head coach. Even with a fighting board a succession plan was in place. Not many other clubs have such an animal. It took most fans 7 minutes to come up with it. I think they made all the right decisions.