Has there ever been a more negative end of the year for a premiership winning team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have won. 2013 is a while away and there is no need to speculate on the future. Hopefully in a week all the negative articles will be on page 2 and we will be able to celebrate again

It certainly has been different but I tend to think the media have had a field day trying anything they can to put a downer on our premiership. And I for one will not buy into the BS we won the comp and I'm as happy as a pig in mud!

Whatever will be will be as they say, the club will go on and when I wake up tomorrow and the next day we still won the Comp Go The Mighty Sea Eagles!

Back to Back not matter who's the bloody coach! As long its Manly I'm solid!

True Daniel but I can't remember a premiership where the day of the victory was the only day there weren't headlines about the club blowing up. Zorba was handled badly, then it was the Hoppa speculation then the Stewart vs Gallop malarky then speculation on Des before and after the win. It's a weird feeling, I know I should still be buzzing from it rather than worrying about the coaching in 2013. I think a lot of it is the media enjoying having a go at us and I'd speculate it has a bit to do with the payouts to Brett. I know Weidler is all over this ****.
But some of it is bad management, they are too worried about running the club like a business and less worried about running it like a football club. There are loyalties that have been tested because they're too worried about the bottom line when they should have been looking at getting sponsorship and increasing revenue. Des put us in a great position to be a success off the field, it's up to the management to capitalise on that.

Come on it's not that bad. Hoppa was already going for 2 years and we might have found a better player by that time anyway. Dragons also lost their coach while being premiers. It's disappointing to lose Hasler but we have good options

At least in 2008 we had the off season and WCC to celebrate. We didn't even get 2 days this time around...

Lost in the mire of the brouhaha today but Osborne has been quoted in the Herald as apologizing to Manly for the way things came out that 'rained on Manly's parade" following the Premiership win. In the end it was Hopoate connections that released this info, rather than Parra.

The Dogs are desperate for stability which is why they would be pushing this other one!!!

• 👍
Reactions: DMN
This guy, no fan of Manly either, posted this in the Bellylaugh today. Puts it into perspective for those contemplating slitting their wrists:

North Sydney Bear of Cammeray Posted at 1:14 PM Today
You Manly fans who have suggested throwing jerseys away and the like ought to stop being so fickle. You have just won multiple premierships, defied the Storm Cheats and have the players to create a dynasty for years to come. Try having no first grade team, two lousy premierships back before the Sydney Harbour Bridge was built and no hope for reinstatement, yet still having a team in your heart. For Christ's sake!
Comment 49 of 67

I dont give rats patanza about all the negitave crap, I am as happy as pig in ****. I wonder if we could send North Sydney Bear of who cares where a sympathy card, he is spot on though in what he is saying and I feel for the Bears fans, a little!

Phantar said:
This guy, no fan of Manly either, posted this in the Bellylaugh today. Puts it into perspective for those contemplating slitting their wrists:

North Sydney Bear of Cammeray Posted at 1:14 PM Today
You Manly fans who have suggested throwing jerseys away and the like ought to stop being so fickle. You have just won multiple premierships, defied the Storm Cheats and have the players to create a dynasty for years to come. Try having no first grade team, two lousy premierships back before the Sydney Harbour Bridge was built and no hope for reinstatement, yet still having a team in your heart. For Christ's sake!
Comment 49 of 67

He makes a very valid point. Having said that though, I would never throw jerseys away or walk out on the club. Just annoyed that this sh*t storm has taken the gloss off our premiership.

The worst part of it is that the Hasler and Hopoate names are synonymous with Manly. To see them turn down very good offers from us to grab more money from two of our most hated rivals is a very bitter pill to swallow. It's hard to continue cheering them on.

I would gladly give back the premiership this year to retain Hasler. And to be realistic Haslers focus will be on manly for 2012 but at the same time I am sure he will be thinking about recruitment options for the bulldogs in 2013. I hate to say it but I believe there is a massive conflict here and would hate to see the stewart brothers and Foran wearing that dirty blue and white!!

Only with the champs known as Manly could this happen post gf! Funny thing is seems so similar to 2008/2009!! Unbelievable!!

Remember Bozo said there were more agendas at Manly than in Bold and Beautiful. This is going to knock us backwards the way it is heading.

That's what i was thinking!! at least we had the summer to enjoy the 2008 premiership victory!! This time i don't think we've had a day go by since Sunday without negative stories coming out and most of them our own making !! Situations that could have been avoided through better management of the various issues, not sure who is to blame? probably a few different people but now they sure have got some cleaning up to do !!!
This has taken alot of the shine off Sunday now!! Still a great day and victory but will always be remembered with bitter sweet afterthoughts

Phoenix said:
I would gladly give back the premiership this year to retain Hasler. And to be realistic Haslers focus will be on manly for 2012 but at the same time I am sure he will be thinking about recruitment options for the bulldogs in 2013. I hate to say it but I believe there is a massive conflict here and would hate to see the stewart brothers and Foran wearing that dirty blue and white!!

This is the big point no doubt Des would do a great job next year,but the conflict of interest in player signings is something we can't wear

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6