Has Des lost the dressing room??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I would suggest in the modern professional game .. to get the best coach available ..
Problem is the best available has ususlly been fired by their previous side.

The word key to it all is available.

2 premiership winners yes but.....

Paul Green - fired by cowboys. Crap at State of Origin. Not a great rep with players apparently.

Flano - Stood down in a cheating scandal. If as everyone continues to say he demands complete control at whichever club says to me he DID know about the doping and Salary cap at the sharks.

The rest unknown.

Then you have the golden ones.

Bellyache.
Cleary
Robinson

None of which would ever come here.

So who do we go for thats better than what we have?

Problem is the best available has ususlly been fired by their previous side.

The word key to it all is available.

2 premiership winners yes but.....

Paul Green - fired by cowboys. Crap at State of Origin. Not a great rep with players apparently.

Flano - Stood down in a cheating scandal. If as everyone continues to say he demands complete control at whichever club says to me he DID know about the doping and Salary cap at the sharks.

The rest unknown.

Then you have the golden ones.

Bellyache.
Cleary
Robinson

None of which would ever come here.

So who do we go for thats better than what we have?

We are discussing the myth of only ex manly players can coach at manly ... not who is a good coach or if Des should be replaced

We are discussing the myth of only ex manly players can coach at manly ... not who is a good coach or if Des should be replaced
in the 'should we sack des Hasler thread'????

it all ties in, you are discussing manly v non-manly and why some succeed and others don't. at the moment Des is in charge, He's Manly thru and thru. the only coaches that could possibly replace him are NON-manly with not great histories.
Any up-and-coming coaches are also non-manly so do we risk another Barrett disaster or stick with what we have?

It appears the Myth has taken on a life of its own thanks to outsider journos needing a story to write. Lowe had a great record and I don't ever recall it being mentioned back then. Sharpe was a mess but that was during the northern eagle's days so doesn't really count. other than that you have Barrett and the less we say about him the better.

Sorry mate we were never close, I was in a front row seat for that game at Suncorp, that game was gone before kickoff.
we can agree to disagree. last year after 4 rounds there was no way on earth we were making the finals let alone doing what we did. the knives were out for Des, DCE, Foz, and pretty well everyone in the team including turbo and his never-ending injury curse. Well, it turned out ok in the end didn't it?

I've always felt RL is a game better watched on the TV to see actually what's going on. Of course, at the ground, you get the atmosphere, the vibe etc but you don't get the breakdown or detail of what's going on.

just my opinion but had those 2 tries stuck we could have won.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11