1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half Witt wanted by Warriors

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SilentBob, Jul 16, 2006.

1. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The Warriors are chasing Manly's Michael Witt as they look to find a solution to the five-eighths position.

It's understood the 22-year-old half and accomplished goalkicker still has a year remaining on his Manly contract but the Warriors are prepared to take over his $200,000-a-year deal.

Read the rest
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10391483

For 200k they can have him.

2. earl

earl Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well pay for his plane ticket over there. Could do with some freed up cash.
    Bye Bye Witty.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a god.

Intresting comment on fox last night stating that lyon was going to play 5/8 next year and Burns would move to the forwards presumably hooker.

I wondr if to replace Dunners or Monnas? Not sure where this leaves Ballin through. Second row maybe?

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Warriors management are believed to have told Witt he would likely be the starting five-eighths next season and, while he's tempted by the offer, is hopeful of negotiating a two-year deal.

Doesn't this mean they are talking to a player mid way through a contract, and isn't this illegal?

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I would say he would have permission Ryan

He wouldnt be used much, would basically come over an play Bartercard Cup for the season. Rovelli is a star at halfback, fien is there as backup, and Ropati is going dan well at 6 too

6. ants

ants Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Is that a joke, we have a player in PL on $200k!! 8| Quick where is the chunder bucket, I think i'm going to be sick!!!

7. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    I am missing the point here, but why would they want to pay $200K for a back up player?

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    I am missing the point here, but why would they want to pay $200K for a back up player?

[/quote]

If he IS on that, I bet a hell of a lot of it would be being subsidised by Parramatta.

9. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    He wouldnt be on anywhere near that if he came over, they wouldnt have much free under the cap so i wouldnt take that price figure as legit at all

Also, no expert on contracts here, but wouldnt manly still pay part of his deal, eg Payten being paid by 3 clubs at 1 stage

10. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    the article said Cleary sees Ropati as a centre so by the sounds of it he would be given first crack at starting in the No 6.

11. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    hmmmm very strange Garts, didnt read the article, but Mannering and Martin are going pretty well in the centres, maybe Martin will go to the wing

12. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    I hate any player leaving our club, but in all honesty guys, I don't see MW as the future of this club. That's why Wells / Groom / Halden / Cherry should be fighting for the PL 1/2's position. All these players can play a large part in Manly's future.

I really hope Groom continues to develop like he has. Word on him has been quiet this year???

13. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Jerome Ropati is the worst no.6 in the comp!!

Witt would actually be an improvement there...

In regards to the Fox comments... i told you all this at the start of the week when rumours were flying about mona's wanting to go elsewhere 8) 8)

14. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Well, I thought Monnas stood up last night, and our teams attitude was good, unlike last year hen "negotiations" were going on...

15. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  16. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Is that a joke, we have a player in PL on $200k!! 8| Quick where is the chunder bucket, I think i'm going to be sick!!!
    [/quote]

Not as bad as having a PL evel hooker on 240k that is guaranteed a first grade spot!

17. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Havent seen a lot of the Warriors lately i take it ?

18. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yeah, mate prolly watched their last 7 or 8 matches

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And also a PL prop on $260Kpa(?) guaranteed of a spot

20. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Berkely - with that response, I'm making the assumption the acid hasn't worn off yet mate?