1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys saying storm won 3 minor premierships

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Ok I'm p@@@ed after watching this game, but how can leading nrl commentators keep saying the storm won those minor premierships or premierships they had stripped? No wonder the storm have such a chip on their shoulder about it.

It's a joke. When an Olympic athlete loses a gold medal for cheating the commentators don't say 'oh well we'll still let them have it'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. skull61

skull61 Active Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 15
    To be fair I think Gus later said didn't they take them off them

3. Fibro Eagle

Fibro Eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +721 / 30
    He did then he said oh give it to them anyway when Manly was the last team to win 3 in a row

4. Eagleheart

Eagleheart Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 40
    The Channel Nein commentators are ****ing muppets......they have **** for brains and can't for the life of them say anything remotely intelligent.

The Storm are ****ing cheaters, they broke the ****ing rules and are a disgrace to the NRL. The Nein muppets or anyone for that matter have no right to reference positively or to say the Scum have won premierships or minor premierships for the years they were actually found out for cap cheating, they were stripped and should be referenced in those years appropriately as what they are/were as "****ing cheaters".....!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,549 / 32
    Can't imagine too many other sports where cheaters are constantly lauded as winners...
    Lance Armstrong...cheated a bit, who cares, give him back his seven tours
    Ben Johnson...great runner, not his go
    Fine Cotton...first past the post, that's good enough for me
    Tonya Harding...break a leg

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ManlyMatt

ManlyMatt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 13
    Was Manly the last team to win 3 minor premierships in a row? I'm showing my age here but i haven't seen them win one.

7. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,549 / 32
    Yes we were the last in 1995,96 and 97. In the list of minor premiers the years 2006, 07, 08 say no winner. These are the years the cheats were stripped.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    The media has gone easy on the scum in all departments since the cheating scandal.
    In fact I believe there was more media uproar over the battle of brookie fight.

****s me that they still refer to the players of that era as premiership winning players and the 2012 team as multiple premiership winning players.
    AND ****s me even more when they whack off over Bellamy having such a high winning percentage as a coach. Those 4 years shouldn't be counted in the calculations.

It's an ugly incident involving a bunch of channel 9 darlings from a town that the NRL desperately wants success in. So therefore it's become the camouflaged elephant in the room that no one likes to mention.

9. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    I think rabs is just forgetting more these days when he talks about the storms premierships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5
    In one of the newspapers two weeks ago they said the last time a team won it three years in a row was Manly in 71-74.
    Must of been the Telegraph as 97 there was only a super league competition.
    I really hope Bronco's get it this year, I can't stand the Rorters.

11. skull61

skull61 Active Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 15
    Might not like the rorters but at least they are not super league scum

• Agree Agree x 1