Gus Exposes V'Landy's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Fair interview but I hardly think Gould tore him a new one.

If this rule keeps up you will see the players change their tackling style , if they don’t they risk losing games as a result.

Id expect another weekend of it this weekend ( they’ll have to otherwise last weekend was a farce).

Quite a few of the concussions are from "friendly fire" because coaches want multiple defenders in each tackle and they end up clashing heads. If we could teach more players to tackle like Jurbo there would not be a such a need for gang tackles.
As long as a low one-on-one tackler is given some extra time to regain his feet and get to marker then I think we'll have a better spectacle.
Low tackles are good to watch; there's nothing to admire about three blokes holding up an attacker and dancing with him.

PV blaming poor roster management for the blow out scores is comical. The clubs have had one off season since the rule was rushed in mid season 2020. You can't rebuild a roster in one off season. Sudden changes to the game of the magnitude of the six again rule is just bad business and dumb. The rhetoric of seeking to protect players after hurriedly introducing the six again rule is dribble. It appears that the speed of the game is more important than protecting the players from higher instances of injuries. I see this focus on stopping contact with the head, which was already illegal, as nothing more than a smoke screen for the six again debacle.

Last edited:
PV blaming poor roster management for the blow scores is comical. The clubs have had one off season since the rule was rushed in mid season 2020. You can't rebuild a roster in one off season. Sudden changes to the game of the magnitude of the six again rule is just bad business and dumb. The rhetoric of seeking to protect players after hurriedly introducing the six again rule is dribble. It appears that the speed of the game is more important than protecting the players from higher instances of injuries. I see this focus on stopping contact with the head, which was already illegal, as nothing more than a smoke screen for the six again debacle.
I enjoyed listening to V'Landys pathetic counter argument when Gus started that the blowout scores are ruining the game. It reminded me of a Monty Python sketch for some reason.

i think it was not that long ago that we were all complaining that the refs have an obvious mandate to direct penalties to keep the games competitive rather than to award them when they're due
this situation has been building for a long time and it's not the send-offs' fault

I enjoyed listening to V'Landys pathetic counter argument when Gus started that the blowout scores are ruining the game. It reminded me of a Monty Python sketch for some reason.
Hmmmm. I think rosters and coaching play a huge part in these blowouts...which brings us back to the biggest problem in the game, the inequality of roster monies available to each team.
Just sayin'.

Hmmmm. I think rosters and coaching play a huge part in these blowouts...which brings us back to the biggest problem in the game, the inequality of roster monies available to each team.
Just sayin'.
Absolutely - his attempt to explain away the problem as being bad roster management by clubs was entirely comical. John Cleese, come on down. V'Landys implication that they all have an equal amount of money tied up in their rosters made me spit a mouthful of coffee across the room.
Just replyin'.

I think Gus is besotted with PVL, there was a lot of eyelid fluttering going on there.

Is it just me or has Pete got a touch of the Alan Jones' about him ??

Is the NRL going to ban player's getting on the drink too heavy? What about playing in hot weather and dehydrating? What about poor tackling techniques? All these can impact the well being of the brain.

Not even the NFL leaves the two teams with uneven numbers. It ejects the player from the game, but doesn't rob the fans of two even teams.

What mummy wants is irrelevant if the kid never wants to play rugby league anymore anyway.

The NRL is supposed to be in the entertainment business. The ARL is meant to look after the sport. The NRL should go like the NFL and be entirely independent & just pay the ARL a % to keep it going.

If the NRL know there is a gulf between talent in teams, why would you ruin the appeal of your money making competition by putting in rules that expose the gulf between the teams. Fix the talent spread first.

As every Manly fans knows from a month ago, getting flogged every week is a quick lead to turning your back on the game permanently.

Last edited:
Is the NRL going to ban player's getting on the drink too heavy? What about playing in hot weather and dehydrating? What about poor tackling techniques? All these can impact the well being of the brain.

Not even the NFL leaves the two teams with uneven numbers. It ejects the player from the game, but doesn't rob the fans of two even teams.

What mummy wants is irrelevant if the kid never wants to play rugby league anymore anyway.

The NRL is supposed to be in the entertainment business. The ARL is meant to look after the sport. The NRL should go like the NFL and be entirely independent & just pay the ARL a % to keep it going.

If the NRL know there is a gulf between talent in teams, why would you ruin the appeal of your money making competition by putting in rules that expose the gulf between the teams. Fix the talent spread first.

As every Manly fans knows from a month ago, getting flogged every week is a quick lead to turning your back on the game permanently.
People forget so quickly when their team is the one handing out the weekly thrashings. Unless it is Manly who are flogging the opposition - I ALWAYS turn off the tv when the contest is over in a game. But I'm guaranteed to be watching a tight match right to the very end - even if it is nil all. Must just be a numbnut thing.

If rugby league is to survive in the modern era the head high hits / concussions have to be removed. We are moving towards a society that is litigation crazy. Once the lawyers get some hard evidence & a few ex players sign up then it will kill the clubs & the NRL financially.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8