Guess the crowd - Eels v Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
At the game’s magnificent centrepiece stadium, a wonderful advertisement for the big stadiums policy, 2 of the most popular clubs in the comp are facing off tonight.

Who wants to guess the crowd? The person with the closest guess wins everlasting respect on Silverails.

My guess is 752 (assuming coaching staff are included). It makes a Roosters game look like the super bowl (how appropriate given SBW played like he was in the super bowl in 2013).

The NRL don't give a toss about crowd numbers!! The game day experience stinks for fans these days. It is all about TV ratings, Thursday night and Friday at 6 Pm are the kick off times from hell, most certainly an idea by non-football people and rubber stamped by Greenturd and his cronies!! shame our game is a prisoner to this.

It’s really embarrassing if everyone involved in rugby is being honest. Piling every team into big stadiums won’t increase crowds. Get as many or more for a mediocre game at Brookie than tonight and most nights at the stadium. We are not AFL at the moment in terms of membership and crowds. Out game is built for suburban grounds and will be for some time.

If the KPMG report was fair dinkum, it would reveal the expenditure required to rebuild the stadiums, and most importantly in any business case, the ROI and over what period of time. The truth is they are using and destroying suburban clubs like ours to justify their plans, and taxpayers should be royally fkn pissed off as there is absolutely no benefit to the taxpayer, or the rugby league fan base.

The TV networks have been on to them about it to no avail.
These pelicans listen to no one.

Manly has 3 games this year with lower home crowd attendances than 8,047 people.

We actually hold the lowest 3 home crowd attendances of 2018 of any club. 1 at Gladstone (which can be excused) but the other 2 at Brookie (which can't be excused).
Not disagreeing with what you are saying but how does 8,047 at Brookie look on TV compared to the 8,047 at ANZ?

Manly has 3 games this year with lower home crowd attendances than 8,047 people.

We actually hold the lowest 3 home crowd attendances of 2018 of any club. 1 at Gladstone (which can be excused) but the other 2 at Brookie (which can't be excused).

But Souths have 30,000 passionate and paid-up members and Parramatta have 20,000. Out of 50,000 members they can only muster 8,000?!

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with what you are saying but how does 8,047 at Brookie look on TV compared to the 8,047 at ANZ?
It's the equivalent of about 1,500 people at Brookie.
Imagine the media jackals if that happened !!

But Souths have 30,000 passionate and paid-up supporters and Parramatta have 20,000. Out of 50,000 members they can only muster 8,000?!
And we know supporters of both those teams are all dole bludgers so the Thursday night excuse goes out the window too! (They also have no teeth or hygiene standards of any kind)

But Souths have 30,000 passionate and paid-up members and Parramatta have 20,000. Out of 50,000 members they can only muster 8,000?!
Simple explanation for a cold Thursday night.

The Eels supporters knew they would lose so didn't bother and the Bunnies supporters knew they would win so also didn't bother.

So why do we have Thursday night games and Friday games at 6pm, more stupidity from the NRL or maybe it's Toddy's grand plan to make local grounds look bad to move all games to the big stadiums.

Oh wait, it was in a big stadium .......... back to the drawing board Toddster.

BTW, I swapped to the AFL and the Port v Bulldogs game in Adelaide had a bad crowd compared to the usual ones there.

Maybe Thursday night games don't work for either code.

The Eels supporters knew they would lose so didn't bother and the Bunnies supporters knew they would win so also didn't bother.

So why do we have Thursday night games and Friday games at 6pm, more stupidity from the NRL or maybe it's Toddy's grand plan to make local grounds look bad to move all games to the big stadiums.

BTW, I swapped to the AFL and the Port v Bulldogs game in Adelaide had a bad crowd compared to the usual ones there.

All well and good, but all I hear about is how passionate and dedicated Souths and Parramatta fans are, compared with Manly's fickle, insular fans. The media, and their own fans, tell me this regularly so a cold Thursday night shouldn't douse that amount of dedication, surely.

And Port Adelaide played against an interstate team that is struggling. For the NRL, two Sydney teams were playing with the biggest fan bases (so they tell us) in town. The game in Adelaide was also described as cold and WET, as opposed to just cold in Sydney.

We need Rod Marsh to stand out in the middle and count the crowd between overs......:p

It just makes me laugh because Doesn't-matta are getting a brand spanking new, 30,000 seat state of the art stadium built for them to replace the smaller (21,000 seat) and perfectly good stadium they already had....and could rarely fill even when winning games.

And Port Adelaide played against an interstate team that is struggling. For the NRL, two Sydney teams were playing with the biggest fan bases (so they tell us) in town. The game in Adelaide was also described as cold and WET, as opposed to just cold in Sydney.

I can tell you from personal experience that last night in Adelaide was very cold and very wet. Lots of wind, lots of rain and it was only about 13 degrees so it was bloody cold.

Adelaide's weather is a bit of the extremes. In summer we get hot northerly winds straight off the dessert. In winter we get cold (I say freezing cold lol) southerlies straight off the Southern Ocean that usually brings rain with it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8