1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Groom for 5/8th?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Pepi, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 20
    I know it Des wont have the balls to do it, but what about Groom at 5/8th?
    Personally i don't think Monas, Burns or Lyon are the solution to out 5/8th problem.
    Groom reminds me a lot of Benji Marshall, the way he holds the ball out and can step at the last second. He has a great running game and knows how to put his backs into space.

Im pretty sure he is 20 this year - old enough IMO.

2. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He was favoured for a chance next year, but coaching staff in PL reckon he's not doing enough

3. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    He would be better at half then we can release orford and buy some decent players with his money

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,147 / 291
    I'd definitely give him a shot. Surely couldn't be worse than what is happenning now....but as you say...it would need / take balls to move Lyon back to the centres.

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    So we chuck him in, he has 5 games that aren't matchwinners and all you blokes turn on him, where to then ?

6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    To be fair I dont think I have seen Kiwi say that Orford should be flicked for Monas or anyone else.

I am prepared to give Lyon more time at 5/8, he is showing some good signs and it was hardly like he was setting the world on fire in the centres anyway.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Too early for Groom. He is not established in PL. Silly to put him there until we have to. We are still second and had a bad night against a good side.

What is suggested reeks of panic. It is not balls that Des lacks.