Grant Mayer replied to my Contract Negotiation thread !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Get to SFS or Homebush and we get guaranteed money. It's a no brainer and with crowd numbers, locals aren't going much anymore either so not much point keeping loyal to them and the council.

Meh, I'm just not going to bother anymore. People got pissed of with ME for offering my season ticket as a gift, because I've become dissollusioned. The contents in this email are the reasons why. I hope people understand that.

It's as though they are honestly attempting to get us out of Brooky, and into another stadium. No wonder the players are not committed. I don't think Kelly / Penn / Toovey and their cronies could inspire a virgin in a brothel.
Why would a Virgin be inspired by Kelly Penn and Toovey in a Brothel makes no sense.

They may inspire a virgin to "go" to a brothel but nothing inspirational about paying for an act to confirm your pathetic lack of "rounded skills/skillset lol" when you can achieve the same result at a fraction of the price elsewhere.

Secondly why are the three leaders of our club at a Brothel to start with, could this be the underlying cause to our poor efforts this year.

The way things are going to Penns will be facing a huge loss this year and will tell everyone they have no choice but to take an offer from say ANZ stadium who pay $100k a game compared to having to pay Warringah council hundreds of thousands of dollars to play at Brookie each year.

A no brainer for people who are only in the game for the money.

Cw
The way things are going to Penns will be facing a huge loss this year and will tell everyone they have no choice but to take an offer from say ANZ stadium who pay $100k a game compared to having to pay Warringah council hundreds of thousands of dollars to play at Brookie each year.

A no brainer for people who are only in the game for the money.
Bulldogs and South's playing away from Belmore and Redfern ?

I'd be devastated if we lost Brookvale Oval, and the club sold. We aren't Manly anymore.

There is nothing better than sitting on the hill in an afternoon game with mates have a cold beer and a pie.

Jane Try would be devastated and rolling in her grave god bless her.

Sorry guys, I just can't accept ever giving up our fortress no matter what.

If we leave, and the Leagues club is sold, we are actually supportimg a different team all together.

No fans want to leave Brookie.

But I believe it is inevitable, unfortunately.

I can realistically see a scenario where we play one or two marquee games at Brookie each season. Rest at CC Stadium.

Here's hoping that management find a way to make playing out of Brookie a profitable exercise! !

I wrote to Joke Elly twice now, and have been completely ignored. I actually introduced a potential major sponsor to Pat Wilson those years ago (NAB). He couldn't sell it, so NAB went with Souths.

Without a major sponsor, I attempted to get ANZ in touch with Kelly and his team, but the first time, I received that pre-populated e-mail, and the second attempt, I was completely ignored. The head of ANZ marketing then told me not to bother.

Also, Grant Mayer was the reason I got off my arse to create that actual manual petition, where we got people at the ground, clubs, pubs, everyone to help, and got 10k odd signatures, that Mayer, Gallop and Annersely provided to Morris Iemma just before we got 10 mill in funding (don't know where that went).

I don't get it.

Some CEO's inspire buy-in and loyalty. Others make you want to tear up your membership. Kelly is an A-grade shocker - sorry - both on and off the field.
Well done on trying, but I am astounded ANZ even entertained the prospect of sponsoring Manly. I just can't see how it ties in to our Super Regional Strategy, let alone where a sponsorship of MWSE would fit in with their segment strategy. It just doesn't seem to align to their existing Australian sponsorship portfolio, you would have thought they would look at AFL over NRL should they consider heading down that path.

Well done on trying, but I am astounded ANZ even entertained the prospect of sponsoring Manly. I just can't see how it ties in to our Super Regional Strategy, let alone where a sponsorship of MWSE would fit in with their segment strategy. It just doesn't seem to align to their existing Australian sponsorship portfolio, you would have thought they would look at AFL over NRL should they consider heading down that path.

People said the same thing about NAB, but I got them in front of Pat Wilson, who basically sold it on what NAB could do for the club, and nothing else.

Two months later, NAB signed up with South Sydney.

I make the introductions. Up to the club to sell their brand. In this case, The Sea Eagles must be above major corporate sponsorship.

People said the same thing about NAB, but I got them in front of Pat Wilson, who basically sold it on what NAB could do for the club, and nothing else.

Two months later, NAB signed up with South Sydney.

I make the introductions. Up to the club to sell their brand. In this case, The Sea Eagles must be above major corporate sponsorship.
so you are saying ANZ was keen on this? Seriously who from marketing were you dealing with? Had you spoken to or even engaged with our head of sponsorships? I still just can't see how Manly could have sold themselves to ANZ as major sponsor material - maybe, just maybe the people at MWSE knew this.

The thing you're ignoring here as a major inconvenience is Warringah Council. I worked for the joint for 8 years and the ineptitude is astonishing. The ground management is appalling. If I wanted a decent playing surface I would threaten to go. The council thinks they don't have to do anything to the place to get the hundreds of thousands. Its appalling. Worse is that the media half the time blames the club who have nothing to do with it.

One of the councils bug bears is that the facility services the whole northern beaches but only Warringah pays for it. The councils on the beaches are in a holding pattern at the moment. My thoughts is that they will all amalgamate which IMO is the best option. Its also the most ideal option for Brookie oval. Until they can either agree (the councils) or the state government forces amalgamations of councils (which they will do because the current model is inefficient and broken) they are all in a holding pattern not committing any big funds. Also employees have a distinct lack of desire to stick their necks out for anything because roughly half to a third of the workforce will be made redundant when they amalgamate. This is causing a bit of a perfect storm for our club. The ground is falling to ****, the council is not spending unless they face forfeiting money (if the ground is declared unfit to play on) and the team is doing poorly which is making people think management is trying to move us.

If we were winning and this amalgamation/ brookie oval situation was happening it prob wouldn't get as much press. Later this year early next year things will come good.

Any move to any other ground would go like this. Rnd 1- 10,000. Rnd 4- 8,000. Rnd 8- 6,021. Rnd 26- mad Monday. November- off season deal to Brisbane for an undisclosed sum to the Penns. Come on guys. Bunker down at the fortress and fight. Who's with me? I'll bring a slab.

Any move to any other ground would go like this. Rnd 1- 10,000. Rnd 4- 8,000. Rnd 8- 6,021. Rnd 26- mad Monday. November- off season deal to Brisbane for an undisclosed sum to the Penns. Come on guys. Bunker down at the fortress and fight. Who's with me? I'll bring a slab.
I don't know how many times I can repeat this but unless they get unanimous support for a change of ground from the football club they can't do it. The preference vote enshrines that. They can only take 2 games a year unless they have to move for the purposes of redevelopment. Also WHY would they invest in a junior program with Bozo if they were moving to SFS or ANZ when they know we won't travel. They're clearly trying to keep kids involved in footy which hasn't been done in years on the beaches.

Moving from Brookie would mean our membership base would fall 50%, I believe. I'd certainly not renew my membership. So, financially it may seem to help our owners to play out of a stadium which pays the club, but this initial windfall would be more than offset by the fall in revenue from membership renewals.
It's a dumb idea on every level, except, for the TV networks who would save money by not having to set up at a suburban ground. It would almost certainly spell the end for Manly as a standalone entity because fan support would be minimal. The NRL would probably try to merge Manly with Balmain & Wests, (along with Cronulla and St George & Illawarra). Thus the sport would lose the interest of the northern half of Sydney, and continue its decline.
It really is a horrible fate to contemplate.

Moving from Brookie would mean our membership base would fall 50%, I believe. I'd certainly not renew my membership. So, financially it may seem to help our owners to play out of a stadium which pays the club, but this initial windfall would be more than offset by the fall in revenue from membership renewals.
It's a dumb idea on every level, except, for the TV networks who would save money by not having to set up at a suburban ground. It would almost certainly spell the end for Manly as a standalone entity because fan support would be minimal. The NRL would probably try to merge Manly with Balmain & Wests, (along with Cronulla and St George & Illawarra). Thus the sport would lose the interest of the northern half of Sydney, and continue its decline.
It really is a horrible fate to contemplate.
please read my above comment. They can't do it. Unless somehow the football club lost their preference vote and I have no idea how that could happen then we're here to stay. Financially it could be a good move if stuff was being done to brookie to take the cash while we couldn't play there

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4