Graham Hughes and Melbourne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Hughes was back on his favourite horse yesterday saying that it was a disgrace that Storm were stripped of titles and had a real crack at a caller who suggested otherwise.

Some unbelieveable suggestions from Hughes to the caller including the following

- a fine of 5-7 million would have been the best punishment.He said that would really have set the club back.Would have been a bigger punshment than titles etc.

As an aside News Limited made around 1 billion dollars last year.What a massive impost 5 million would have been.They lose 5 to 7 mill each year ffs outside the cap.Is he as big a fool as he sounds?

-continued to rave on about the great storm "culture".

-the caller was naive and everyone was doing it so Storm should have been given a pass.

-interesting to note also that he accused the caller of being naive to think it was not rife and yet then claimed that the players would not have known anything.Smith and co sign multiple contracts etc and we are supposed to believe that bull****.Had the hide to call the caller naive and yet reckons the players are snow white.

-his final piece of magic with a little help from the turnstile yawnion co host was to say that because they are now leading the premiership the cheating didnt matter as they would have won anyway.Still trying to work the logic in that one given they lost 2 of 4 GF's-one of them 40 nil with a roster from heaven.

Anyway my hatred for the scum is slowly consuming me.....only rd 25 can bring it to an end.

susan said:
Hughes was back on his favourite horse yesterday saying that it was a disgrace that Storm were stripped of titles and had a real crack at a caller who suggested otherwise.

Some unbelieveable suggestions from Hughes to the caller including the following

- a fine of 5-7 million would have been the best punishment.He said that would really have set the club back.Would have been a bigger punshment than titles etc.

As an aside News Limited made around 1 billion dollars last year.What a massive impost 5 million would have been.They lose 5 to 7 mill each year ffs outside the cap.Is he as big a fool as he sounds?

-continued to rave on about the great storm "culture".

-the caller was naive and everyone was doing it so Storm should have been given a pass.

-interesting to note also that he accused the caller of being naive to think it was not rife and yet then claimed that the players would not have known anything.Smith and co sign multiple contracts etc and we are supposed to believe that bull****.Had the hide to call the caller naive and yet reckons the players are snow white.

-his final piece of magic with a little help from the turnstile yawnion co host was to say that because they are now leading the premiership the cheating didnt matter as they would have won anyway.Still trying to work the logic in that one given they lost 2 of 4 GF's-one of them 40 nil with a roster from heaven.

Anyway my hatred for the scum is slowly consuming me.....only rd 25 can bring it to an end.

It would be better to beat them 41-0 in this years grand final.

Of course the players were in on it as it is rife(my personal opinion wink wink) and that yawnion Liberal cheerleader could not agree more with your description of him.

There is a storm culture though and their efforts this year are amazing---i had them in the lower part of the 8 around 5-6 and with injuries to one of the key 3 missing the 8 all together but the big 3 have hardly missed a beat.

There are cracks though showing up stay patient.

Hughes has a bee in his bonnet on that issue because his old club the Bulldogs were also busted for rorting the cap. I heard part of that yesterday, & Tunks was totally opposed to what Hughes was saying.

Fining an entity which is a sub-entity of the same entity is ridiculous.

That's like fining the Police Dept $50k for a wrongful action. They're 'fine' goes into State Revenue, where it came from in the first place.

If News Limited pays for the Storm, or owns it or whatever, then fines them $5m, to return the funds back to News Limited who partially owns the NRL is just a paper shuffle!

In real terms the Storm lost Inglis and Hoffman to other clubs. One is on his way back. They made some token let goes but also bought a few. All of last weeks team played fort he top storm 25 team last year.
If tHEy hadnt of been cheating so far back....Smith Cronk, Slater and Inglis would not have played together for so long. If they hadnt been cheating Smith, Cronk and Slater would still not be playing for them.
No other team has, ARGUABLY, thebest 1's, 7's and 9's in the comp (close) in the one team.
Then Laurie Daley starts pulling himself over them also on NRL on Fox. A F@rkin News Ltd Love Fest.

I HATE MELBOURNE THEY ARE STILL CHEATS BY WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST

In defence of Hughes I thought his main point was that the NRL should have had rules in place well before the Storm started rorting the cap. It's a fair point.
The NRL should have it in black-and-white the penalties involved, ie.
1. stripping of premierships
2. loss of all competition points
3. $x fine, etc.

I think he believe (rightly) that Gallop just 'winged' the penalties. We all know that Gallop does act before considering the reprocusions.

I actually don't mind Graeme Hughes because he gives it to Gallop at every opportunity. He was very much on Brett's side during the whole saga and really gave Gallop some curry in an interview he did with him after the Todd Carney DUIgate. Any enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Melbourne should have been treated like Carlton were in the AFL. Carlton were on their knees for a decade after salary cap breaches. The fact Melbourne MAY win a premiership so soon is a travesty and an embarrassment to our game.

I accept a few of the points in his favour but my problem is the overriding theme of his argument.That is- everyone was doing it and as such their punishment was not fair.That reasoning virtually makes it impossible to ever enforce a penalty in any avenue of life.

One thing I do know is that all CEO'S will now know the consequences and I doubt that such a concerted, long term organized breach of the cap will occur again.There will be minor issues but not a Storm situation.

That is why Gallop got it right.

The only culture the scum has is do whatever they have to do, illegal including, immoral including, unsportsmanlike including, so long as they win.

I'm beginning to hate the FOX commentators as much as I do the Melbourne Storm. The only time I went for them is when they beat the Chokers way back when. There appears to be a real problem with Laurie Daley. Can't say I have a view on Hughes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4