1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got this MSG just now

Discussion in 'Website Help, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    It is as it says. The server was overloaded, should have eased somewhat now

3. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Basically the system is set to reject additional connections if server load reaches a certain threshold. That threshold was met for some reason earlier, but I will need to review the logs in detail to try to figure out what was causing the load. I may increase this threshhold a little too

4. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Why in the **** does the computer version sign me out almost constantly but i never have to sign in on the phone?

5. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    That is an issue I just have never ever been able to fix no matter how hard I try.

I am seeing out the year with this software for both the front and back-end parts of the site then migrating us to another software that should see an end to both issues

6. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    The smartphone software is better than the pc software?

That is a little weird to me

7. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    No they are themes, but the smartphone one does not use a dual login system, it's a direct login

8. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,795 / 58

That's happened twice to me over the last 2 days....but only on the occasional thread.

I doubt the server should be overloaded at 3am (in the morning lol) unless that's when Mr D downloads all his 'prOn'.

:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    We run a lot of cleanup scripts at about that time. The system works on cleaning up old threads and doing other work. That is probably what is happening.

I also installed xcache yesterday which may add to the issue.

See this thread
    http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Silvertails-Updates-and-geeky-stuff

I am working on changes to the site starting well yesterday. Once I have completed all of these changes I am going to be re-launching the site and moving us onto a partial cloud system which will take a lot of load and heavy work from our server and place it elsewhere. This should be good for us.

The entire re-write is going to clean up the site significantly and make us hopefully more lightweight.