Gordon Tallis: Rugby Leagues #1 Sook

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Or ; He stood his ground against Wayne Bennett. (UH OH)
; He reacted to Ben Ross' taunt that he was over the hill and that he (Ben) was the new bull.
; He reacted to a sign and sledging that a NSW idiot had the unintelligence to display and virtually tore NSW apart singlehandedly in some might say, a justified rage. lol

I don't recall the Pom.

As for nude nut, well.....we're getting to the bottom of the barrel now, surely.

(Not Shirley) LOL!!!:rofl:

I love Fridays!!!
Mrs Tallis, we all get he was nice to you once. Congrats. Unfortunately for everyone else, Gordie now gets paid for takes, of which he has one, which is dated and sad and comes across as now as bitter and pathetic.

(As for Ross, wow he beat up a guy who was trying to get away from him so he could get back to the game. The very definition of tough!)

Or ; He stood his ground against Wayne Bennett. (UH OH)
; He reacted to Ben Ross' taunt that he was over the hill and that he (Ben) was the new bull.
; He reacted to a sign and sledging that a NSW idiot had the unintelligence to display and virtually tore NSW apart singlehandedly in some might say, a justified rage. lol

I don't recall the Pom.

As for nude nut, well.....we're getting to the bottom of the barrel now, surely.

(Not Shirley) LOL!!!:rofl:

I love Fridays!!!
Ross was walking away, and his time at the broncos ended badly whatever the reason. And let's not mention he sat out a season on saints.
The pommy was O'Connor or Newton can't remember.
I'd prefer to defend DCE than him .

Ross was walking away, and his time at the broncos ended badly whatever the reason. And let's not mention he sat out a season on saints.
The pommy was O'Connor or Newton can't remember.
I'd prefer to defend DCE than him .
Terry O'connor?! Definitely Wigan player. That world club challenge game, maybe after their 92,93 wins

Good story @mozgrame
As for Tallis, he is simply trying to mess with DCE's head before we play, er, who do we play? Oh yeah, the Titans, isn't Tallis paid to be 'the face of' the Titans? (Rhetorical question, yes he is.)

I was thinking exactly the same, as the timing's too much of a coincidence. (Remembering 1996)...what a hypocrite! :finger:
If Tallis was in DCE's shoes, would he have done the same thing for that money and backflipped? Absolutely!
DCE's too smart to be rattled by Tallis's bullying and I hope he has a blinder!

DCE had 2 average games in 2014. Tallis is a moron. I'm sure if anyone can be arsed digging up past rlw weeks and newspapers people actually praised his efforts. He kicked well and made a couple of breaks off the bench. In my opinion he performed way better than Morgan at state level. And Tallis failed to mention that Thurston screwed him as well. Why wasn't the great JT, who was a more senior player not made a scapegoat for the series loss?
Tallis barnstorming runner in the day but just a sook now.

So I assume Gordy must have the same feelings about Papalii, Milford and Inglis - all QLD players who agreed to terms with one club and then signed (or re-signed) with another.

Oh no, he actually had a go at people for 'bullying' milford about being fat and lazy.

The tragedy is that it is actually a form of bullying, created and propagated by some sections of the media. DCE is a good man and decent human being, unlike many of the NRL pin up boy "role models"...past and present.
The same mob that ridicule and harrass Chez on the front pages and TV Shows, have the nerve to blab on about RUOK Day @:mad:

Chez has the family, health, income, career and character that most of these drongos envy :nod:

Interesting that Tallis mentioned Wally Lewis' opinion last night.Lewis is in no position to question anyones morals after his exploits in his time

Last edited:
Gordie, I mean do we really have to say it...

giphy.gif
Agree, Gordie's brain has Frozen on that thought.
(BTW, the daughter has that movie on loop)

Also was just wondering if each players origin payments are added to their responding clubs salary cap?

Either way can origin be used as a way to 'pay' players. For example Morgan is chosen over say Chez for origin because there is an agreement in the 'background' with Cowboys management and the origin selectors to pick Morgan. As this is this a way to pay him for 'staying with the Cows' or whatever?

And so are these origin payments, monitored in any way?

A couple of mates and I were having a quiet drink or 3 with Gordy after a leagues club function up here a few years ago. Plenty of funny stories from Gorden and to my surprise, he listened intently and laughed louder and harder at our yarns more than his own.

Sitting at a table near us was a group of 6 young blokes, one of which was a rather large and thick set bloke of about 30, proudly wearing his souths jersey. As we all started to loosen up a bit, these blokes near us started to get a bit boisterous, and the bloke in the green and red started to throw jibes about how sh1thouse the souths forwards were going and how they needed a NSW forwards coach instead. It all started in good humour and everyone was laughing it off. Just a bunch of blokes on the drink.

Well, this brave large bloke from south of the border mistakenly took Gordy's willingness to brush off his scathing observations with a laugh and a "yeah...good one, mate" as some form of cowardice, and he got a little more aggressive in his put downs as his dimwitted mates encouraged him to "stick it up the old has been".

I considered the entire scene the absolute height of good entertainment and was looking forward to the inevitable blue that was surely going to take place. Sadly it wasn't to be. On his way to the snake house, Gordy with that mad look in his eye stopped at our neighbours table, leaned over in the face of the rabbit supporter and said, "Let me give you a small piece of advice, mate. Pull your head in. Now!".

I've never seen a bunch of blokes disappear up their own clackers so fast. They were gone before he got back from the toilet. Hahaha!

I had one more drink before leaving, shook hands with Gorden, told him it was a pleasure to meet him and that he should put $500 on Manly for the premiership that year. He laughed and said the way his luck had been running he was gladly accepting tips from anywhere and anyone.

I believe he's wrong about DCE, but he's paid for his opinion and he gives it. I don't agree with it at all, but he's entitled to it.

What I will say is that he isn't a bad bloke at all. He's certainly not a moron, he's as everyday as they come. Not in love with himself, not a loudmouth, doesn't have a wandering eye. He just doesn't care what people think of his opinion. I guess that comes from being comfortable in your own skin.

I had a box st Suncorp last week with 20 guests For the double header and watched both games

Spent time with GT through the manly game where he sat,watched and spoke about the game

Gave manly lots of praise on how we have come out of a tough period

Thought DCE had had a poor 2 years and playing without confidence in a structure that did not suit

Thinks HE is having a great year in 17 by going back to a less structured role that suits
We did not speak Origin

Caught the plane back to Sydney with him in the morning and carried on stories about the night before and too long at lefties after the game

I am another that does not agree with all of his views but will say he can say what he thinks and won't be swayed to be vanilla if he does not believe it to be true

Just like moz experience he laughed at himself being heckled and actually was given some stick because we sat next to the donkeys box with Bennett only a pane of glass away

Like I said, I don't always agree but respect him as a fair Dinkum bloke who is not scared of much and loves league and a good time

Btw I don't reckon he suffers fools

See you all at CBUS

Go manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8