Go Matildas' .. World Cup Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done Matildas, feel the marathon match effected you towards the end physically and mentally, yet you still showed resolve and fight beyond expectations.

I also reckon England can consider themselves lucky they weren't red carded on a few occasions with more than a share of deliberate fouls taking out attacking Aussies.

Even with the above you showed composure and reliance

For that, we admire and congratulate you all.

Now beat those swedes and claim number 3 for all your efforts !

Devastated and proud at the same time.

It goes to show the difference in investment / tactical knowledge - we were never in that game.

As for Sam Kerr's strike to me it is now in the top 3 / 4 of the goals I have seen in my time watching Australian football...in no order they are for me

Charlie Yankos scoring a wonder free kick against the then world champions in Argentina - a real watershed moment in Australian football as it showed what we could do on a world stage

In a time when we could not qualify for the world cup qualifying for the Olympics was just as sweet. Especially against the netherlands who were only 4 years removed from winning the euros and had future stars like Ronald de Boer & Marc Overmars in their team.

And of course this one

Maybe we should play the ntherlands every week

Spain win the world cup with a 1-0 victory over England...and I'm happy with that.

(It's not comin' home!)

Spain, the first country to have won both the mens' and womens' world soccer/football cups
And didn't they deserve it. Normally I find soccer boring but geez those women know how to entertain. Loved watching them doing those short passes to each other in traffic like they were just playing with the Poms. And now, just like when the Olympics finish, I can go back to not knowing that much about the teams and wait until the next World Cup when once again, I become an expert in all things round ball. @:D

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8