1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glen Stewart not BOS

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Jul 8, 2011.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    This bloke is a proven key player for the Seaeagles & on Wed night showed he is right up there in elite company. I must confess early in his career i labelled him BOS (brother of Snake) but now he is simply Glen the Gift Stewart. Built like a keg on legs he has suprising strength & fitness, great vision & ball skills & an attribute really noticable is the sting in his defence - really dominates when he hits. His leadership qualities are as valuable to the Seaeagles 2011 premiership hopes as anyone.

2. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    To tell the truth when Manly were looking for a new Captain a few seasons ago I was one that was pushing his case on various forums

3. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38
    Completely agree. Without him we would be no chance in my opinion. Still massively underrated.

4. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    have to admit how well he stepped up. You can see the stuff with Brett really affected him and he is playing so well. Gees, he worked so hars in origin 3!! Backrow looks awesome with choc, glenn, joe, tony and now Rodney. And still Buhrer and Lussick waiting!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Likewise & I still believe he will wear the armband after Lyon leaves us (with Snake remaining VC).

He has been a key member of our team for so long now, it's hard imagining life without Gift.

6. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    A big fan, but I don't think he wasn't at his best at the start of this season. His last month though has been exceptional. If we get our good players firing then look out the rest of the comp.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    true masked eagle but hitting form at right time now

8. Seaeagle63

Seaeagle63 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Not to mention he is great bloke to talk to off field as well. Very grounded and has very close family ties which is a great attribute to have. Definitely a future leader of the club.

9. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    And wouldn't that be something to look forward to with the Stewart brothers co captains in 2012 or 2013!

10. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    And in my recent experience highly regarded by supporters of other teams. Often a player's attributes are 'downgraded' if he plays for MWSE.

11. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    B.F.O - Born for Origin and next year both of them should be playing for NSW. Gift and Snake at their best they are both state and test quality players and a huge part of this club.

12. SwornEagle

SwornEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 3
    That'd be BOT BFO then mick

13. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Totally agree has all the inspirational qualities required for Captain & Wolfpacks suggestion with Snake VC has merit also.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    Can't agree. BOS or Gift is all pure personality - he speaks well, carries a conversation and is obviously a leader. Snake is a great player - one that fans admire and players adore. I know he's been captain on one occasion this year but I think he's more of a star player, not wearing the VC band.
    Glenn's the Captain material!

15. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    true phantar, but sometimes we overrate on here, world's best 5/8 after a few games and robbo for Australian wing spot :D:dodgy:

Aaron Groom will be a superstar ;)
    Darcy Lussick needs to score more tries:p

16. Wolfpack

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Digging all the Gifty love on the forums right now, so much respect for the big man.

He's like super BK without the diving.

17. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Robbo should have had an Australian wing spot.

18. Wolfpack

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Who needs quality when you have Wolfman & Yow Yeh.

19. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
  20. Wolfpack

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    I was agreeing with you Codewanna.