Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

tookey said:
If he was busted all the time two years ago what is he going to be like in the last year of his contract at parra? Wheelchair bound?
He will be an inspiration to the young Eel forwards and they will be pushing strongly for top 8, if not top 4. He's run his race at Manly, the move was the best thing for him and the club. Can't really wish him well but also can't bring myself to begrudge what he will achieve there, namely a leadership role. Young guns like Moeroa and Paulo will gain a lot of confidence playing alongside the Manly-bred dynamo.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
tookey said:
If he was busted all the time two years ago what is he going to be like in the last year of his contract at parra? Wheelchair bound?
He will be an inspiration to the young Eel forwards and they will be pushing strongly for top 8, if not top 4. He's run his race at Manly, the move was the best thing for him and the club. Can't really wish him well but also can't bring myself to begrudge what he will achieve there, namely a leadership role. Young guns like Moeroa and Paulo will gain a lot of confidence playing alongside the Manly-bred dynamo.

I think how well Choc goes at the Eels will depend on his definition of leadership. If he thinks leadership is about working hard and showing kids by leading by example he will be very good for the Eels. If he thinks leadership means you get more of a say to do what you want them it won't work out. There is more than enough evidence to suggest it could go either way IMO.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Can't really wish him well but also can't bring myself to begrudge what he will achieve there, namely a leadership role.

Young guns like Moeroa and Paulo will gain a lot of confidence playing alongside the Manly-bred dynamo.

Good to hear....then they'll be just right for their place in our line-up!

Choc Kardashian? Fair go, he may be playing for another club now but that's no reason to go relating him to those no talent hacks LOL.

HoldenV8 said:
Choc Kardashian? Fair go, he may be playing for another club now but that's no reason to go relating him to those no talent hacks LOL.
Can Choc balance a glass of wine on his arse? Perhaps he can......

Whatmouth is yesterdays news and now old fish and chip wrappers.

Time for us all to move on and just love our team and not worry about guys who didnt want to be here.

Moondog said:
HoldenV8 said:
Can Choc balance a glass of wine on his arse? Perhaps he can......

He's certainly using similar quantities of Botox.

After exhaustive testing it can now be revealed that the average IQ of the Manly team has increased with Watmough's departure. It can also be revealed that the average IQ of the Parramatta team has increased with the arrival of Watmough.

Eric Galt said:
After exhaustive testing it can now be revealed that the average IQ of the Manly team has increased with Watmough's departure. It can also be revealed that the average IQ of the Parramatta team has increased with the arrival of Watmough.

Parra's borderline - Fui Fui smarter than choc.

Eric Galt said:

It's funny because it's true...

sheridanstand78 said:
Whatmouth is yesterdays news and now old fish and chip wrappers.

Time for us all to move on and just love our team and not worry about guys who didnt want to be here.

So very much this! In his time he was a great soldier for the club, and should be remembered as such.

Shame on the ppl continually having a go at him... Let it go!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:

I agree with all of this but can't forget that there was a certain young Manly player that Choc did not show leadership or even support to. It shouldn't matter if the young guys are backs or forwards. Senior players should show leadership and not begrudge them for their earning potential
He did not show leadership or support towards any of his team mates or fans when he publicly bagged his own club in the media and this negatively impacted on our premiership campaign.

But it's no wonder Parra the players look to Choc with puppy dog eyes. They don't get to train with many duel premiership winners. ;)

Choc was nurtured by the bosom of Hasler and 2V who inspired him to win premierships and play for his state and his country and all of a sudden Brad becomes King Arthur . LOL .... enough said :)
“Brad is the best coach I’ve ever played under at any level,’’ Watmough said. “When he was an assistant at Manly, I was surprised how he got the best out of people, not just me but all the other forwards.

“I joked with him and said ‘if you ever get another gig somewhere else, I’d love to play under you’. We had a laugh about it but, two years later, it’s happening.”

I don't think Ben Kennedy gets anywhere near enough credit for his role in shaping Watmough into the player he turned out to be. Kennedy's influence and guidance was of tremendous benefit to Choc.

Barring the SOO incident between the two, Kennedy was the best thing to happen to Manly and Watmough in particular at that point in time.

You can think what you like about Choc, but he sure had Greg Bird pegged. Couldn't agree more Anthony! Spot on Brother. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPUKI8nwEjA

mozgrame said:
I don't think Ben Kennedy gets anywhere near enough credit for his role in shaping Watmough into the player he turned out to be. Kennedy's influence and guidance was of tremendous benefit to Choc.

Barring the SOO incident between the two, Kennedy was the best thing to happen to Manly and Watmough in particular at that point in time.

Funny you should say that, because I think BK gets a little bit too much credit in how our club was rebuilt and his influence on our playing group. People seem to forget Tooves and Beaver were still involved at the club. I'm not saying he didn't do anything, its just I hear some posters go on like BK is the only reason we ever won any premierships at all, let alone the ones after he left. I also don't think he deserves a spot in our greatest ever team, he played less than 50 games and didn't even play in a winning final. As good as he was, I don't think its right he gets ranked ahead of guys who have won premierships and played many many more games.

I wish we'd lock this thread and move on, Watamouth has gone, never to return, the why, how, and how he will be treated in those dirty colours has been done to death.

I'd be happy to see another thread before Round 1, but gee I hope we don't continue this for another 3 months.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11