General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Geez that's a see you later if I ever heard one! I hope he stays just to thwart the Broncos plans!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/3d10835b544c956f613f6c7242bd6527

The Broncos could “risk mutiny” by the way they have managed Kodi Nikorima out of the door, with the halfback allegedly refusing to play in his farewell game due to how he has been pushed out of Red Hill.

Speaking on NRL 360 on Fox League, Courier Mail journalist Peter Badel claimed that Nikorima was “dirty” and admitted surprise that the Broncos let the Kiwi leave so close to their grudge match with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

“I think the timing is bizarre, Brisbane tried to put on the PR spin and say he’s got a calf injury.

lolololol

I hope it's all true.

A disgruntled former Cowboys player has been blamed as the man attempting drive a wedge between head coach Paul Green and his players.

Gripped by discontent following a poor 2-5 start to the season, Green was forced to take the unprecedented step of calling a meeting with his leadership group amid fresh claims that the coach was on the verge of a player-revolt.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/449a012c771419cdc81f95f866d6266d

Former NRL player Mark Riddell has admitted he lied about his age to extend his football career, changing his year of birth to get a longer contract.

He claims other players do too.

Speaking on his show Levy and Riddell on Macquarie Sports Radio, the 38-year-old said his real birthday is December 9, 1980 but he fudged his paperwork and no-one checked.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/fo...o/news-story/9d86718b881c9a9c71a218163f0c567b

Jaime Soward's weekly rankings:

Small rant:

Considering rosters and souths won so they retain their 1 and 2 rankings respectively....

Every other team that won on the weekend got an increase in rankings except one team

Any guesses?

You'll only need one.

It's a team that has massive injuries, a new coach and everyone is writing off.

But it is still winning.

Any clearer?

Yup. Every team but Manly.

Jaime Soward's weekly rankings:

Small rant:

Considering rosters and souths won so they retain their 1 and 2 rankings respectively....

Every other team that won on the weekend got an increase in rankings except one team

Any guesses?

You'll only need one.

It's a team that has massive injuries, a new coach and everyone is writing off.

But it is still winning.

Any clearer?

Yup. Every team but Manly.
The blokes a jub.
Ordinary player, commentator or whatever he's pretending to be.
Will always be ridiculed as a perennial whinger.
Probably still dirty he never got a call from so much as our reserve grade coaches.
It proves that modern footballers have little outside skill when you run the rule over the many involved in some form of media upon retirement.
In days past most would be working for themselves or selling life insurance.
He's in my piece of lint, who cares basket but will always annoy.

SPOTTED
Former Australia and NSW forward Glenn Stewart at Brookvale Oval last weekend to watch Manly Sea Eagles’ victory over Canberra, his first trip to his old home ground since retiring from the NRL. Many ex-players have returned since Des Hasler was reappointed coach...........

GORMAN’S JOB MOVE
The future of Manly Sea Eagles chief executive Lyall Gorman remains uncertain as the NRL continues investigations into his previous role at the Cronulla Sharks during their salary cap scandal.

There is talk Gorman may soon step aside from the CEO role to work as project manager for Manly’s new $35 million centre of excellence project at Brookvale.

This job would apparently be outside of Manly’s NRL operations and would put him out of reach of the integrity unit in any further investigations. Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn has confirmed the club may be on the lookout for a new chief executive.

(if already up, please delete.)

Yeah a couple people posted they saw gift. Good to see him back at Brooky.

Hmmm mabye the rumours about Gorman involvement in the gummies salary cap investigation are true.

Starting to sound like the gummies could be up the creek.

SPOTTED
Former Australia and NSW forward Glenn Stewart at Brookvale Oval last weekend to watch Manly Sea Eagles’ victory over Canberra, his first trip to his old home ground since retiring from the NRL. Many ex-players have returned since Des Hasler was reappointed coach...........

GORMAN’S JOB MOVE
The future of Manly Sea Eagles chief executive Lyall Gorman remains uncertain as the NRL continues investigations into his previous role at the Cronulla Sharks during their salary cap scandal.

There is talk Gorman may soon step aside from the CEO role to work as project manager for Manly’s new $35 million centre of excellence project at Brookvale.

This job would apparently be outside of Manly’s NRL operations and would put him out of reach of the integrity unit in any further investigations. Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn has confirmed the club may be on the lookout for a new chief executive.

(if already up, please delete.)
Smart move by Penn... keep Lyall involved by implementing a loophole which keeps him out of the reach of the NRL’s corruption team. Great to see us fighting back.

Last edited:
View attachment 11299

For those you thought they saw Gifty turn up for the first time in 5 years

You were right

Once the word got out
The place was swamped with legends

PS

2V in the same box having beers with the bros

For those not ready to understand
We are back !!!!!!
There is no player that does not want to be a sea eagle and want to succeed as a squad
None will let us down

Made my debut at warf bar and boat shed
Even had the 1am kebab and pizza
It was a privilege to hear the boys talk and lovev the club

Go Manly

The NRL will only discover that he was involved in the salary cap scandal during the 2016 season where according to the NRL they were under the cap.

Mmmmm

Wonder where 2V sits in all this

game-of-thrones-iron-throne-firebox-300x250.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/06/fainu-facing-international-eligibility-decision/

Manly hooker Manase Fainu is set to end a three-way battle over his representative eligibility by deciding between Tonga, New Zealand and Australia over the next month.

Born in Sydney, Fainu's rapid rise through the NRL ranks has landed him at the forefront of discussions for both Tonga and the Kiwis.

Another spanner was thrown into the works when the 20-year-old met with NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler and declared an interest in playing State of Origin for the Blues.

I was in the local sportchek store today and there was a whole display of rugby balls for sale! About 50 of them.

Ok, so rugby and not rugby league (many of them were rugby 7's related) but still, to see these in a main stream store in Canada, and not in a capital city is pretty cool.

It wasn't that long ago when it was damn near impossible to get one without either trading it for your car or getting it sent from o/s.

Anyway...this is about as general as it gets.

Carry on! *kicks footy*

I hope this is OK to ask here..

I read in another forum that Gladys Berejiklian was our #1 ticket holder last year. Who is our #1 this year?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8