Garricks performance at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I have no idea about the best backline right now. Not worth abandoning Garrick at Centre yet, but a backline with Parker and Koula in Centres with Garrick and Saab on the wings would make me feel a bit more comfortable defensively than what we have right now. I think it's worth sticking with the experiment in the meantime however. We are scoring a lot of points.

Talau has been very good, if it weren't for Garricks kicking it might be hard to justify moving him back to wing if playing at Centre doesn't work.

Looks like Garrick is this years whipping boy! For those whining about his defense yesterday…..watch the game again! He basically took David Fifita out of the game. Some of his tackles were great. Not sure what was so bad about him defensively?

Looks like Garrick is this years whipping boy! For those whining about his defense yesterday…..watch the game again! He basically took David Fifita out of the game. Some of his tackles were great. Not sure what was so bad about him defensively?
He made a few good tackles on Fifita but I’d say that’s part of his role at centre and nothing outstanding.

The issue is he let in TWO Tries. Now that in itself is cause for concern, but to have let in tries in every single game he has played this year is absolutely alarming.

What is Seibold looking at in his video reviews? Surely he can see this is our biggest weak point in defence!!!

I'd give him until the first bye in round 13. I know that sounds like a long time but we go into 3 very winnable games and then two tough matchups. If his problems are so impactful that it's causing losses midway through that period, then sure let's do the Talau swap. But until then let's see if Garrick can apply himself like he did with the winger and fullback position and show a rate of improvement. He's just got much more quick time decisions to make playing in a tough new position for him.

I'd give him until the first bye in round 13. I know that sounds like a long time but we go into 3 very winnable games and then two tough matchups. If his problems are so impactful that it's causing losses midway through that period, then sure let's do the Talau swap. But until then let's see if Garrick can apply himself like he did with the winger and fullback position and show a rate of improvement. He's just got much more quick time decisions to make playing in a tough new position for him.
I see your logic about waiting. I am concerned based on the fullback experience he developed then plateaued unlike Koula when he made the same switch last year.

We can’t afford to carry ordinary centres, we did that in 2022 and 2023.

It's still early days and the jump from wing to centre is huge...at times I have loved Garricks input and other occasions, especially defensively I have felt a little uninspired.
Garrick is a good attacking footy player and a true effort player, but his technique and decision making need improvement or will be the opposition coaches favourite player in the big games.
I say keep running with this option, but expect a few games where there are some ordinary moments, yet will be fewer and fewer as the season progresses...hopefully

Great site here, does some great statistical analysis of the NRL each round. Their player scores are incredibly accurate, from what I've found. Paulo would be featuring prominently among the lowest scores per round earlier this season. For all those who thought Garrick had a good game, maybe think again. Garrick didn't seem to pass either the statistical test or the eye test on Saturday night. I'm a Garrick fan and I'll admit he had a shocker. Very good read outside of Garrick too.

image-25.png

Great site here, does some great statistical analysis of the NRL each round. Their player scores are incredibly accurate, from what I've found. Paulo would be featuring prominently among the lowest scores per round earlier this season. For all those who thought Garrick had a good game, maybe think again. Garrick didn't seem to pass either the statistical test or the eye test on Saturday night. I'm a Garrick fan and I'll admit he had a shocker. Very good read outside of Garrick too.

View attachment 26764
I've not seen many say he had a good game.

Nice site though

If we played a descent sliding defence like some sides play i.e roosters,Penrith,Brisbane.melb,maybe this wouldn’t be happening to us.How hard is it what are the defensive coaches doing for training.

He made a few good tackles on Fifita but I’d say that’s part of his role at centre and nothing outstanding.

The issue is he let in TWO Tries. Now that in itself is cause for concern, but to have let in tries in every single game he has played this year is absolutely alarming.

What is Seibold looking at in his video reviews? Surely he can see this is our biggest weak point in defence!!!
Clearly the other coaches have noticed.

I see he is defending on the wing with Saab in centre.
Not sure Saab is any better at D in the centre.

Wonderful kicking exhibition today - the best I have seen from him.

I see he is defending on the wing with Saab in centre.
Not sure Saab is any better at D in the centre.

Wonderful kicking exhibition today - the best I have seen from him.
Could always give young Hoppa or Faulo a crack at centre, got 4 spots in the 30 open.

Even our coaches have worked out Garrick can’t read the opposition’s attack..

Yeah, it's not working. There'll be no change while we are this high on the ladder though.

He's starting to become a bit of a Gutho with the whinging to the ref. Would like to see him not be that guy.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8