Garricks performance at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Buying Lomax as a centre would be a mistake.

He is a winger and not considered a better centre option than Bird or Suli.

Yep. The only reason he even played centre on Friday against the Wahs is because Bird is out injured. As soon as he's back, Lomax will be back on the wing for St Merge.

I bet he plays centre for the Worms though.....

Yep. The only reason he even played centre on Friday against the Wahs is because Bird is out injured. As soon as he's back, Lomax will be back on the wing for St Merge.

And I look forward to plentiful flick passes into row 3 of Commbank.

Buying Lomax as a centre would be a mistake.

He is a winger and not considered a better centre option than Bird or Suli.
Didnt you see him on Friday night at centre. Pretty impressive. My point is we need a good centre. Back in the good old days of Hill and Innes.

Lomax just signed for Parra and IMo is not a top class centre.

Great winger though
Didnt you see him on Friday night at centre. Pretty impressive. My point is we need a good centre. Back in the good old days of Hill and Innes.

I think it has been well noted that Reubs is certainly capable of hitting, and hitting hard. I mentioned during the game yesterday how he was getting stuck in trying to make amends after the dropped kick-off. Great attitude and full of heart and energy.

His apparent struggle is reading the play. Too many decisions for him compared to the simpler wing defensive work. Yes, we just need to wait and hope that area improves, as I assume Seibs will persevere for now.

The two games that Burbo played centre were against Panthers and Warriors. Unlike most teams, they are right side dominant attacks so Burbo had far fewer questions asked of him than he would've against left side dominant teams like the Titans.
The Warriors through a bit at Ben in regards to RTS and Ford running the direct inside line he read it pretty well.

The Panthers they can hit you anywhere, one thing the Panthers did this season was move Tago to right centre to cover the loss of arguably the best defensive centre in the game in Crichton, Tago is not the quickest but he is a good defender and that’s been a good move by Ivan in having a good defender at right centre.

I would prefer a defensive right centre too an attacking right centre.

In fairness to Reubs last night.....

Last night was Brian Kelly's 152nd game in the NRL. 148 of those have been at centre. Conversely, last night was Reuben Garrick's 119th game in the NRL and only his 10th game at centre in the top grade.

That's a fairly big gap in centre experience in first grade.

The Warriors through a bit at Ben in regards to RTS and Ford running the direct inside line he read it pretty well.

The Panthers they can hit you anywhere, one thing the Panthers did this season was move Tago to right centre to cover the loss of arguably the best defensive centre in the game in Crichton, Tago is not the quickest but he is a good defender and that’s been a good move by Ivan in having a good defender at right centre.

Our right centre needs to be particularly strong defensively next to our captain, or a mind reader!, to compensate for DCE's erratic decision making. I feel for Garrick as it's probably the toughest gig in the NRL these days lol.

Good point re the right centre it's probably the toughest position on the field to defend given that most teams are left side dominant.

On Penrith, Luai is an absolute handbrake on their left when Cleary is out. He thrives off the space Cleary creates, without him he just stops spins and runs back infield 4/5 times. Makes that edge a lot easier to defend.

Just for clarity I'm not saying Garrick can never be moved from right centre I just think knee jerking and shifting Talau there because he played 2 very good games at left wing is short sighted. If we could sign a very good defensive centre I'd be all for it but as it stands I would stick with what has been the plan all offseason.

Good point re the right centre it's probably the toughest position on the field to defend given that most teams are left side dominant.

On Penrith, Luai is an absolute handbrake on their left when Cleary is out. He thrives off the space Cleary creates, without him he just stops spins and runs back infield 4/5 times. Makes that edge a lot easier to defend.

Just for clarity I'm not saying Garrick can never be moved from right centre I just think knee jerking and shifting Talau there because he played 2 very good games at left wing is short sighted. If we could sign a very good defensive centre I'd be all for it but as it stands I would stick with what has been the plan all offseason.
I reckon that's spot on. Garrick has a high footy IQ. I remember him struggling on the wing, and he learnt. I remember him struggling at fullback, and he learnt. I reckon this time next year, he could be on a similar trajectory as a val holmes...possibly. he's always managed to figure it out. If the only other option is Talau, then we must persist as is. Lots of potential, just needs more game time reading different shapes over and over

I would go with Ben at right centre, give him a few more games there when he is back, the attacking plays are only going to get better as the attacking teams go deeper into the season.

I can’t see how Garrick can develop and change his defensive reads in a short time, he keeps his feet still rather than moving in the defensive line.

I think it will be how many games we loose (hopefully wrong here) against quality opposition before someone eats a bit of humble pie in the coaching ranks in moving Garrick back to the wing.

Our right centre needs to be particularly strong defensively next to our captain, or a mind reader!, to compensate for DCE's erratic decision making. I feel for Garrick as it's probably the toughest gig in the NRL these days lol.
Yeah and DCE will never admit that he has a major deficiency at decision making in defence. Bet he will blame others inside and out.

You actually think he might oust Morgan Harper. :)

Yeah I'd hope so too.

I did, but as we both know he only got the start because of the head injury to Dickie Bird.

And we both know what happens next week Dickie returns..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8