Garricks performance at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm willing to give him a couple more chances in front of a home audience, alongside the winger he trained with all pre-season, before switching him back. He's coming off a concussion, and hasn't played alongside Saab since March. I'm willing to give it a couple of weeks.

I was a believer of him in the centres but just compare how he played tonight, and in the first 4 weeks of the season to how Burbo went in the last 2 weeks. His defence is just not up to it and defending next to another poor defender in DCE is just a recipe for disaster

I’d say he needs to go back to the wing but you can’t drop Saab, and Talau has done a really good job filling in since coming in

I was a believer of him in the centres but just compare how he played tonight, and in the first 4 weeks of the season to how Burbo went in the last 2 weeks. His defence is just not up to it and defending next to another poor defender in DCE is just a recipe for disaster

I’d say he needs to go back to the wing but you can’t drop Saab, and Talau has done a really good job filling in since coming in
Why wouldn’t we put Talau into his preferred position of centre?

Why wouldn’t we put Talau into his preferred position of centre?
From what I've heard from Tigers Supporters, absolutely horrific defender at centre. Bit like Garrick, in the sense that both claim themselves as "centres" but might be better as wingers.

Something Gus Gould mentioned a few weeks back on his podcast was that wingers never put "winger" on their resume. It's always fullback or centre. Even Josh Addo-Carr apparently called himself a fullback.

From what I've heard from Tigers Supporters, absolutely horrific defender at centre. Bit like Garrick, in the sense that both claim themselves as "centres" but might be better as wingers.

Something Gus Gould mentioned a few weeks back on his podcast was that wingers never put "winger" on their resume. It's always fullback or centre. Even Josh Addo-Carr apparently called himself a fullback.
Talau has put in these past few weeks. I’d still prefer Garrick and him to swap on pace alone. You can’t have a winger who can’t keep up with your centre. He’s been working hard, so let’s see how he fairs in centre and if those alleged defensive issues are still there.

For the last time we need to stop judging players by how they went at the Tigers.

Talau has lost 8kg since joining us and if you saw his debut jersey presentation you would have heard his dad talking about how coming to our club has completely turned his headspace around.

He's a much better player now than he was at the Tigers.

I'd rather have Garrick at fullback & turbo on the wing. Least Garrick tries to compete at FB.
He hasn't played centre since juniors. It's not like he has any experience there. He's not going to hone his craft in reserves and is seven years of habitual wing and fullback positioning in the top grade behind every other centre he comes up against.

Vanity project. Easy straight swap with Talau,

At least 18 points were on Garricks D tonight. It's just not good enough. Can anyone explain why we took a winger who was very good o b the wing and put him in the 3/4 position? It beggers belief. Would rather have Talau in the no.4 and Rube's back on the wing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8